Sponsored

What if a Northern California dealer matched Granger?

Would you change your reservation to a Northern California dealer if they matched Granger?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
OP
OP

lenitech

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco, 2021 Base Sasquatch (AMB)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm going to let this go for a few more days and then start reaching out to some dealers. Please encourage anyone you know that hasn't voted yet to do so.

OC4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'd consider it. I'm in Oregon, if I buy in California and take possession in California, would I have to pay California taxes even if registering in Oregon? If x plan is officially offered, then it doesnt seem to make any financial sense to buy out of state. I love what Granger and others are doing and want to support them but bottom line doesn't pencil out. I'll be so damn happy when this is behind us and all we have to complain about is build time/waiting for our Bronco's to be delivered:)

bronco247

Wildtrak
First Name
Rohit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Hyundai Accent
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm interested. Currently, I have a reservation with Landmark Ford in Portland and they have honored X-Plan Pricing, but they still are not clear if they can match @Granger Ford price yet.

bronco247

Wildtrak
First Name
Rohit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Hyundai Accent
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'd consider it. I'm in Oregon, if I buy in California and take possession in California, would I have to pay California taxes even if registering in Oregon? If x plan is officially offered, then it doesnt seem to make any financial sense to buy out of state. I love what Granger and others are doing and want to support them but bottom line doesn't pencil out. I'll be so damn happy when this is behind us and all we have to complain about is build time/waiting for our Bronco's to be delivered:)
If we go through Granger, we would still be saving close to $800-$900, since group buy would result in shipping charge of $475 only. Granger is offering $1300 off the Invoice price.

Sponsored

Clocktower07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You'd have to be nuts to buy a car in California if you don't already live there (yes, expect to pay Cali taxes even if registering in another state). When I was stationed in San Diego, I drove to Yuma, AZ to purchase my truck for this very reason. Besides, giving the Californians your money will only encourage them!

OP
OP

lenitech

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If we go through Granger, we would still be saving close to $800-$900, since group buy would result in shipping charge of $475 only. Granger is offering $1300 off the Invoice price.
Isn't that the shipping cost to Colorado? I thought shipping to CA was running $1100.

swajames

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My reservation is with the Ford Store at Morgan Hill, but would obviously be more than willing to move that to another NorCal/Bay Area dealer if one were to offer terms that made it worth the switch. So watching the thread with interest.

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Isn't that the shipping cost to Colorado? I thought shipping to CA was running $1100.
Shipping one car is “about” that cost.
If you can group a bunch of those to a central location, “truckload”, that can reduce individual cost .

Sponsored

Kris87

Wildtrak
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
There are 5 California dealers in the top 50 in the US. Galpin, Sunrise, Ken Grody(both stores) and David Wilson's Villa Ford. Just an FYI.

OP
OP

lenitech

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There are 5 California dealers in the top 50 in the US. Galpin, Sunrise, Ken Grody(both stores) and David Wilson's Villa Ford. Just an FYI.
Thanks for the information. Might help us to find a dealer willing to help out.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah, a ways back I looked for top dealers in Cali and that Galpin kept coming up.

Sadly when all that Granger stuff hit this board, I got excited until I realized it was "Granger" and I needed "Galphin"... that would have been worth the 500 me drive.
Sponsored