What if a white roof was a late availability option, would you wait?

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Similar to the late availability of the mansquatch, my imagination came up with the idea of offering the white top, but as late availability option. The reason I would selfishly like that approach is I personally have no interest in a white top, but a ton of people do, and many of those are the ones with early reservations. So if a bunch of those reservations that are ahead of me would be willing to wait a bit to get their beloved white top, it would move me up in the order from my late reservation and I might get my build earlier. :D

I didn't do this as a poll since there are already so many polls here already. But I'm curious if any of the white top advocates want it bad enough to wait, or would getting their build earlier is actually more important.

Advertisement

fpGT350

Outer Banks
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Viper RT/10; 09 AMG C63; 18 GT350
Anything other than the soft top works for me.

Felix808

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
waiting for 4door Badlands Bronco
Clubs

Nope, I'm getting a white truck & want the carbon hard top. ;)

jayhawkco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Xterra Off Road
Depends how late. I'm already going to be late with an October reservation, so if that timing just worked out for me, then I win. :geek:

Chris

RLW

First Name
Robert
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2009 Ford Expedition
Clubs

I am not waiting for a top.
To easy to get after the fact.
I am going to stick with the soft top 4 door. See how I like it. If after a year or so I decide I don't like it getting a hard top won't be a problem. And at that point if I want white I'm sure it will be available.

Andy6GRealG

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep liberty
Clubs

I’d possibly wait but if I can still order it and once it’s available get it sent to the dealership closest to me I’d be ok with that.

damarble

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Sport Trac, 13 Edge, 09 Focus, 07 Explorer
Clubs

Naw I'll put up with my "free" hardtop. I may even grow to like it.

ProSim

First Name
Pro
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition
Clubs

I am not waiting for a top.
To easy to get after the fact.
I am going to stick with the soft top 4 door. See how I like it. If after a year or so I decide I don't like it getting a hard top won't be a problem. And at that point if I want white I'm sure it will be available.
This is what I am planning on as well. I want a hard white top so if I can't have it I'll ride with the soft until 3rd party makes a suitable white hard top. I am not spending $1 on that grey top.

Seventyfouronthefloor

Black Diamond
First Name
Jordan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, LUBR, Chrome Yellow
This is what I am planning on as well. I want a hard white top so if I can't have it I'll ride with the soft until 3rd party makes a suitable white hard top. I am not spending $1 on that grey top.
I feel the exact same way. I might get the solid black top that comes with the 2 door vinyl wrapped white.

Lowcountry Bronco

Badlands
First Name
William
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Ranger and 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Clubs

Right now it's estimated at $1900 for the shadow black mod top, if the option were late availability for white at the same cost then yes, I'd wait. i don't see a white MIC top being an option for awhile, mod top yes since it's only paint and Ford has the ability to paint it.

Advertisement

Advertisement