What (if anything) do we know about the "Dual Tops" option?

TigerBronco

First Edition
First Name
Charles
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150 F/X 4, 2019 Honda Odyssey, 2001 Nissan Pathfinder, 1992 BMY M923A2 M
Curious if anyone has run across any reliable information about the option listed as
  • Dual Tops - Modular Hard Top Shadow Black-Painted + Black Soft Top (4-Door Only)
Any ideas/information/thoughts about what this will be? Do we think it would be something where BOTH are on the vehicle at the same time?

I have an FE reservation and is one of the very few options currently listed on the Ford.com website.

Advertisement

L8apex

Black Diamond
First Name
Greg
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST
It’s two completely separate tops. Just like Jeep sells.

You can have a soft top for summer, and a hard top for winter. You cannot install both simultaneously.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette, Acura RL, H-D FLHTC
Curious if anyone has run across any reliable information about the option listed as
  • Dual Tops - Modular Hard Top Shadow Black-Painted + Black Soft Top (4-Door Only)
Any ideas/information/thoughts about what this will be? Do we think it would be something where BOTH are on the vehicle at the same time?

I have an FE reservation and is one of the very few options currently listed on the Ford.com website.
No, that wouldn't work. I'd expect the hardtop comes installed with the soft top in a box (just like with Wrangler dual top option).

OP
TigerBronco

TigerBronco

First Edition
First Name
Charles
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150 F/X 4, 2019 Honda Odyssey, 2001 Nissan Pathfinder, 1992 BMY M923A2 M
Are you being serious here? Holy cow, I better just sign off for a while.
Just asking the question. All types of wild things have been rumored for the Bronco and there is a lot we still don't know.

But feel free to sign off if that makes you feel good.

mC.242

Big Bend
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Pathfinder
Clubs

I heard both tops will be always on - the hard-top folds into the cargo area with an electro-mechanical system and the soft top pops up from underneath when needed. My source is right 60% of the time, every time.

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
I think dual tops sounds smart!
The hard top will help protect the soft top from the elements

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
I heard both tops will be always on - the hard-top folds into the cargo area with an electro-mechanical system and the soft top pops up from underneath when needed. My source is right 60% of the time, every time.
This other thread discussed that as a possibility for what was under the goofy looking covered up roof on one of the test mules. Whatever it is, hopefully the non-concealed version is a *lot* thinner.

Advertisement

Advertisement