E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'Stang, 07'F150, 23',96',93',79'Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just had a thought and was wondering what everyone else thought, I haven't seen this discussed any. What if, you could buy a BroncoR just like you could buy the Cobra Jet, do you think they would sell? To hardcore? What do yall think?? If I had the extra money and the place to take it I would buy one in a heartbeat but Ill just have to settle on a 4Dr Badlands lol

But to add to this, do we think they could do this for the Bronco Raptor? Maybe not full on R but just a toned down version, I know we all have speculated on what the Raptor will be but just a thought.
Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If enough racers adopt the bronco platform its possible but will take a while.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Never happened with the Raptor. Off-road racing would be an extremely small customer pool. There are far more dragstrips than there are places to desert race. Far more weekend warriors drag racing.

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Never happened with the Raptor. Off-road racing would be an extremely small customer pool. There are far more dragstrips than there are places to desert race. Far more weekend warriors drag racing.
i'm confused what you mean. the raptor they used in the baja 1000 is the same one that came out of the factory in 2015

Sponsored

Xodric

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Manitoba, Canada ( Born/Raised in Kansas )
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco XLT, 1979 F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ive only seen two Raptors at the drag strip. Ive seen countless Raptors at the dunes.

My good buddy is a mechanic for a race crew, they placed 3rd in Mint 400 with their trophy truck.

20200827_154501.jpg

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

i'm confused what you mean. the raptor they used in the baja 1000 is the same one that came out of the factory in 2015
LOL. Not even close to an off the lot truck. It may have looked fairly stock but it was not a stock truck. I have seen the exact truck in person as it was ran in the 1000. It is nothing like my 2018 Raptor.

The OP was asking the feasibility of buying a Bronco-R off the lot like a Cobra-Jet. Ford has never offered a Raptor-R. Are you familiar with the Cobra-Jet? Basically a factory built drag race chassis that have no VIN and not licensable for road use. A Bronco-R version replicating what was run in the 1000 would cost $300k-$500k.

GetBucked

Big Bend
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ive only seen two Raptors at the drag strip. Ive seen countless Raptors at the dunes.

My good buddy is a mechanic for a race crew, they placed 3rd in Mint 400 with their trophy truck.

Ford Bronco What if? 20200827_154501
I think that @Silver-Bolt was trying to say that there would be more interest in the mustang cobra jet because there are countless people at the drag strip every weekend all around the country. This means there is a MUCH greater customer pool. Not that the raptor would be taken to the drag strip.

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

LOL. Not even close to an off the lot truck. It may have looked fairly stock but it was not a stock truck. I have seen the exact truck in person as it was ran in the 1000. It is nothing like my 2018 Raptor.

The OP was asking the feasibility of buying a Bronco-R off the lot like a Cobra-Jet. Ford has never offered a Raptor-R. Are you familiar with the Cobra-Jet? Basically a factory built drag race chassis that have no VIN and not licensable for road use. A Bronco-R version replicating what was run in the 1000 would cost $300k-$500k.
saftey equipment may not have been stock but powertrain was
https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2016/11/29/the-all-new-ford-f-150-raptor-tackles-baja-1000--then-drives-the.html#:~:text=Long Way Home-,The All-New Ford F-150 Raptor Tackles Baja 1000,Drives the Long Way Home&text=A fully street-legal stock,now headed to Ford dealers.
EDIT:if some of the text is highlighted i'm not trying to rub it in lol. it came like that

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hell if I had the cash... I'd buy that bitch just take it to the mall!! ?

Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

OP
OP
Monster79

Monster79

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Monster79

Must not have seen this earlier...
https://www.autoblog.com/2020/08/27/ford-bronco-r-for-racing-customers-baja-1000/

If your pockets are deep enough, you can buy anything.
Lol I totally forgot about this thread, and yea I don't see how it wouldn't sell and the cobra jet does...
And no I did not see that article as it was release yesterday and I started the thread around the 17th lol but thank you for linking that.
If I had the money I wouldn't hesitate to buy one but I don't so Ill just stare at it.

GetBucked

Big Bend
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Lol I totally forgot about this thread, and yea I don't see how it wouldn't sell and the cobra jet does...
And no I did not see that article as it was release yesterday and I started the thread around the 17th lol but thank you for linking that.
If I had the money I wouldn't hesitate to buy one but I don't so Ill just stare at it.
My bad. I didnt see the dates. It just popped up on the thread wheel and I read it.

OP
OP
Monster79

Monster79

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My bad. I didnt see the dates. It just popped up on the thread wheel and I read it.
It's no biggy my friend, It is funny how they are at least thinking about it...

PSSSTTT... FORD, I would like a 4Dr Badlands with all the bells and whistle for everyone on the forum. Thank you.
P.S. Mostly everyone on the forum... I dunno bout that Greg guy.. says he wants to "mall crawl"
Sponsored