Sponsored

What # in line are you at your selected dealership?

OP
OP

Kevin W

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB 4dr Sasq Base and an Erup Green 2dr Sasq Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
I know common sense has no bearing on this Fiasco, but...

One would think that a dealer should be entering ALL their current reservations. Thus Ford knows finally what they are dealing with (because reservation trims mea t nothing).

Then, and Only then, will Ford finalize the numbers, and notify the dealer how many of those entered will be part of 2021 vs 2022.

It makes no sense what so ever that a dealer would only enter in their first 30% because I would bet that many of those have late availability options like 2.7, Sasquatch, etc.

If I was a dealer, and my 1st 30% all wanted 4 door Sasquatch Broncos... the way you guys are thinking is that dealer would not get ANY 21 models... mea while his 31% reservation wanted a basic base and now has to wait...

Please tell me Ford doesn't have their head shoved THAT far up?
Zach@granger how would you reply to this?
Sponsored

ToddLabbq

Base
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am #59 out of 120 reservations but only 42 allocated. All I can hope for is 17 ahead of me want a MY22. July 20th reservation

Lindy08

Outer Banks
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was #1 @ my local dealer but just switched to Granger, so who knows. I assume they have about a million or so reservations at this point. Unfortunately for me, my build has like 5 of the items that will delay it. Grin & bear it.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was #1 @ my local dealer but just switched to Granger, so who knows. I assume they have about a million or so reservations at this point. Unfortunately for me, my build has like 5 of the items that will delay it. Grin & bear it.
If you are going to be delayed anyway...may as well save a few grand!

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

1) yes all.. what was the point of selecting a dealer, and Ford telling us that they will use converted reservations to determine "things" if dealers selectively decide which Conversions they want to "tell Ford about" (if this is not the case, tell me... I'll call my dear right now and offer another 1k to make sure I'm in his 30%l

2) sure why not? Are you saying that a dealer can't enter in an order until Ford says they are ready to build it? Plus Ford said the way they are dealing with Bronco reservation is different than normal.

3) Yes.. the know about them, shows up in my Ford account. So it should be easy to hold dealers accountable by comparing Conversions to known Reservations.

4) don't know, but I would say yes. We've been told that the gavel comes down when the VIN is issued. So don't see why a dealer can't cancel one of their orders that are sitting in queue.

... but as I said... rational thought is as scares as Sasquatches are :)

Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Future allocations are tied to reservations that get converted to orders. If a dealer only enters orders for their allocation Ford will not award any future allocations.
This seems overly easy to figure out. A dealer should enter all reservations they have of their customers wanting to convert...

This will outline what Ford will need for commodities ....

Rhino67

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, pathfinder, altima (miss my F150)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm 75 out of 70 allocations at SAC. So kinda feels like limbo since I don't know for sure either way. I also want SAS and 2.7.

Bronck

Base
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm 75 out of 70 allocations at SAC. So kinda feels like limbo since I don't know for sure either way. I also want SAS and 2.7.
What was your reservation date? Seems SAC has a lot of 7/14, 7/15 rsvps

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Take a look at this Q&A posted by a dealer to answer questions 1&2.

Additionally, see this video. In the video at 9:15, he goes into what an allocation is. You seem to suggest that an allocation is tied to an individual order and I have not seen any evidence of that. If you have some evidence, please post it. I canā€™t really address questions 3&4, because I donā€™t think allocations work in the way you seem to suggest.

Sponsored

Rhino67

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, pathfinder, altima (miss my F150)
Your Bronco Model
Base

Jarrett

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You might be in luck. Another poster said that Stephens mentioned that 10 of the original top 70 have cancelled. Not guaranteed, but maybe gives you hope. Iā€™m guessing quite a few others from the original 70 will also delay for a ā€˜22.
Sponsored