Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Since lxr revived this :LOL:

1. Can you turn off the voice listening system in Sync 4 so you are not being listened to 24/7?
You have to enable Sync to listen for a "wake word" in Settings->Ford Assistant->Listen for Wake Word. I'm not sure if it's enabled by default, as I went through all of the settings very soon after I took delivery and if it was active then, I would have shut it off.

2. I did hear that FordPass app gives all your info to Progressive and nationwide automatically, as in they pay for it?
Ford doesn't sell or give your information unless you specifically enable it. You have to provide your insurance company with information which then sends a request that you have to enable from a prompt.

Ford “does not transmit any connected vehicle data to either partner,” said a spokesman, Alan Hall, but partnered with them “to explore ways to support customers” who want to take part in usage-based insurance programs. Ford will share driving behavior from a car directly with an insurance company, he said, when a customer gives explicit consent via an in-vehicle touch screen.

So, how do you buy a new Bronco with Sync 4 and overt the air updates and not have your driving history, location info and speed vs speed limit down loaded and sold?
See above. But if you don't want OTA updates, don't connect your vehicle to your WiFi network. That is how OTA updates are delivered.
Sponsored