Sponsored

What Information Should My Salseman be Able to tell Me about the Status of My Build at This Point?

Educ8or78

Base
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Base
My sales person emailed me and called me 2 times prior to my order. I ordered it on January 29th and the confirmation email was sent on January 30th. When I was at the dealership he said I would have to put a $1000.00 dollars down, but couldn't do it that night. He said he would contact me in a few days about the deposit. I didn't hear from him. Two weeks ago, I emailed him twice, nothing. My spouse went to high school with the GM and contacted him about it. The salesmen left a message stating that he heard I had a question. I called him and left a message. I got a text stating that he couldn't talk at that time. I returned with a text asking if he had any information. He said I should get an email by mid May.

Is this typical?

My build specs are below:
•​
2.7L EcoBoost Engine​
•​
10-Speed Automatic Transmission​
•​
16" Bright Polished Silver-Painted Steel Wheel​
•​
P255/70R16 All-Season (A/S) Tires(30")​
•​
Iconic Silver Metallic Paint​
•​
Cloth Seats​
•​
Base Package​

Thanks!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Diydner

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is completely up to the dealerships. Each one has their own rules on the deposit. My advice, the vehicle is on order so don’t press it. It’s coming one way or another, unless the dealership cancels the order. To be clear, Ford doesn’t require anything other than the $100 deposit that you paid when preordained the vehicle. So, if I was you, I would wait until they contact you about the $1000

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My sales person emailed me and called me 2 times prior to my order. I ordered it on January 29th and the confirmation email was sent on January 30th. When I was at the dealership he said I would have to put a $1000.00 dollars down, but couldn't do it that night. He said he would contact me in a few days about the deposit. I didn't hear from him. I emailed him twice, nothing. My spouse went to high school with the GM and contacted him about it. The salesmen left a message stating that he heard I had a question. I called him and left a message. I got a text stating that he couldn't talk at that time. I returned with a text asking if he had any information. He said I should get an email by mid May.

Is this typical?

•​
2.7L EcoBoost Engine​
•​
•​
•​
•​
•​
Cloth Seats​
•​
Base Package​

Thanks!
You must make sure they know your answer to EVERY poll question on this forum.

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My sales person emailed me and called me 2 times prior to my order. I ordered it on January 29th and the confirmation email was sent on January 30th. When I was at the dealership he said I would have to put a $1000.00 dollars down, but couldn't do it that night. He said he would contact me in a few days about the deposit. I didn't hear from him. I emailed him twice, nothing. My spouse went to high school with the GM and contacted him about it. The salesmen left a message stating that he heard I had a question. I called him and left a message. I got a text stating that he couldn't talk at that time. I returned with a text asking if he had any information. He said I should get an email by mid May.

Is this typical?

•​
2.7L EcoBoost Engine​
•​
•​
•​
•​
•​
Cloth Seats​
•​
Base Package​

Thanks!
If you want to double check your order to make sure it was input right you can always request the DORA (Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement ) from your dealer which will show you what was inputted to Ford. Right now Ford is sending out emails on Thrusdays letting the customer know what week they are scheduled for tentatively. Right now we are in June's build schedule window.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When did you make your reservation for your Bronco (not place your order)? Once upon a time, Ford said they were going to build Broncos by reservation timestamp order, however, commodity restraints have caused that to go out the window. Still, it should give us an idea if you have a chance at a MY21 or are a MY22.

Your dealer is correct about Ford notifying us in May if we made the MY21 cut and giving us a build timeframe.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Educ8or78

Base
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Base
When did you make your reservation for your Bronco (not place your order)? Once upon a time, Ford said they were going to build Broncos by reservation timestamp order, however, commodity restraints have caused that to go out the window. Still, it should give us an idea if you have a chance at a MY21 or are a MY22.

Your dealer is correct about Ford notifying us in May if we made the MY21 cut and giving us a build timeframe.
Thanks for the response. My reservation was on 09/29/2020

Brocked

Wildtrak
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks for the response. My reservation was on 09/29/2020
Ask your dealer for the DORA print out. That being said, you have a very late order for a 2021. BUT, things are not normal now with part restraints and other variables including time stamp and dealer allocation. Ford is will email customers in May about their status. We do not know what that exactly means now, but we will soon. Good Luck.

John Bronco_ I am here

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '08 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My sales person emailed me and called me 2 times prior to my order. I ordered it on January 29th and the confirmation email was sent on January 30th. When I was at the dealership he said I would have to put a $1000.00 dollars down, but couldn't do it that night. He said he would contact me in a few days about the deposit. I didn't hear from him. Two weeks ago, I emailed him twice, nothing. My spouse went to high school with the GM and contacted him about it. The salesmen left a message stating that he heard I had a question. I called him and left a message. I got a text stating that he couldn't talk at that time. I returned with a text asking if he had any information. He said I should get an email by mid May.

Is this typical?

•​
2.7L EcoBoost Engine​
•​
•​
•​
•​
•​
Cloth Seats​
•​
Base Package​

Thanks!

At this point the salesman cannot tell you anything, he does not know. In fact, I'm sure Ford does not know. You will get an email when the unit is scheduled for production, the salesman/dealership will be notified at the same time. As mentioned in previous posts, Ford is suppose to send out an email to everyone with a 21MY order and tell us a "window of time" when we could expect our build to happen.

There are many factors that are affecting when a unit gets built, many threads here on that subject. To give you the short story, there is a very minute chance your unit could be built sooner but the overwhelming probability is mid-year 2022.
Sponsored