Sponsored

What interest rate is everyone getting as of today?

Dayton1984

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Got half that interest rate at my credit union. Ford credit is running high from people I talk to.
Are most dealers cool with walking in preapproved and we can just use our own credit union? If so I could probably get a low rate with my own cu as well

chartzilla

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Land Rover Disco 2, '79 Corvette, '17 Elantra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Rates are going up but that's pretty high. Are you financing through the dealer? Usually they're going to markup the rates pretty substantially.

I got 2.75% through my credit union 2 months ago. Looks like it's 4.15% now. No membership requirements.

https://www.alliantcreditunion.org/rates#vehicle-loans

Sponsored

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I opened an account at a local credit union last week, since they have much better rates than any bank around here. I was told 2.95% for 60 months with great credit rating, but hell, it'll probably be much worse when my Bronco actually gets built. Lol!

8oncoPete

Raptor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Raptor and 2024 BMW i7 / 2019 BMW X5m
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

If you locked rate back in June you'd be better off and most rate locks last 30 days from loan application. After June 30th the new fed base point increase impacted all rates on July 1. I got 2.74 for 60 mos with excellent credit. Checked in July the same loan is now 3.74. Check credit unions, but the rate you got seems very very high, but lock soon, as things are a bit bumpy right now with the federal reserve.

chartzilla

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are most dealers cool with walking in preapproved and we can just use our own credit union? If so I could probably get a low rate with my own cu as well
They don't love it, but generally they should let you use outside financing as it's basically the same as you paying cash from their perspective (you just show up with a check from your bank). They prefer you use their financing because they make money off it. Usually they'll negotiate the rate if you show them you're approved with outside financing at a lower rate.

Purplelaw

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport, ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am waiting shipment so I went to my Credit Union and got everything done. Got a 3.29 rate. Ford was crazy high.

Dayton1984

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
They don't love it, but generally they should let you use outside financing as it's basically the same as you paying cash from their perspective (you just show up with a check from your bank). They prefer you use their financing because they make money off it. Usually they'll negotiate the rate if you show them you're approved with outside financing at a lower rate.
Ok thanks that makes sense. For Harley and Acura purchases I just let dealer shop credit but with rates rising it may make more sense to come preapproved like you mentioned

Sponsored

jflores

Black Diamond
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 FJ Cruiser, 94 F150, 07 Corolla w/almost 340k
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What's everyone getting for interest rates as of today?

I'm picking my Bronco up on Tuesday.
72 months at 6.54%. With great credit.
Definitely check with a credit union. These are the rates at my credit union right now.

77221219-BBF7-468A-B3B7-30D21ED6523B.jpeg

chartzilla

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok thanks that makes sense. For Harley and Acura purchases I just let dealer shop credit but with rates rising it may make more sense to come preapproved like you mentioned
Yeah I highly recommend just getting pre-approved somewhere and tell them you're gonna use outside financing if they can't match it. Unless you get some crazy low rate they'll almost always be able to match it.

My dealer oddly didn't even try to match it and just told me to use my credit union. A little more legwork but fine by me.

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What's everyone getting for interest rates as of today?

I'm picking my Bronco up on Tuesday.
72 months at 6.54%. With great credit.
Yup,feds are raising rates to combat inflation. Wont matter your credit score

Dayton1984

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah I highly recommend just getting pre-approved somewhere and tell them you're gonna use outside financing if they can't match it. Unless you get some crazy low rate they'll almost always be able to match it.

My dealer oddly didn't even try to match it and just told me to use my credit union. A little more legwork but fine by me.
So do you go to the dealer first to see grand total including taxes then go to credit union or does the purchase agreement include taxes so you know exactly how much to finance with your credit union and what the check amount should be?
Sponsored