Sponsored

What interest rate is everyone getting as of today?

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What's everyone getting for interest rates as of today?

I'm picking my Bronco up on Tuesday.
72 months at 6.54%. With great credit.
Interest rates vary depending on where you live. In general for a 72 mo loan, a decent interest rate is half of what you have quoted for you
Sponsored

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Here's what I do:
1. Tell the F&I guys that I'll sign with a higher interest rate if they chop off $$ from the selling price, or give me free extended warranty.
2. Within 30 days, take to my Credit Union and transfer the loan to them for half the rate.
😈nice!

alabamadave

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I purchased my Bronco on Friday 7/15. Dealer started at 4% for 60months, I called a couple local credit unions, 1st offered 3.25% for 60months 3.75% for 72months, and 4% for 84months. I asked dealer to bid out locally (fair credit act means they are supposed to do this ~ more on this below). They came back with higher rate from same credit union that I already called (had card on table and told them name) and dealer offered Ford rate of 0.01% lower. They did not send to all for quote even though can (and think they must by law if you request), so I called 2nd local credit union while at dealer and was offered 3.5% for 84months. While on phone with credit union at dealer who was in background asking if I would stop application if she could get me 3.49% for 84months, the credit union lady on phone offered 2.9% for 84months. I told the dealer I was going with credit union and would be back the next day with check, as I was about to walk out door the dealer finance mgr stopped me and said let me call Ford credit and see if can ask for favor to match. Well, 5min later, said got me 2.9% for 84months. Was getting late and had to pickup my boy from daycare, so I signed half the papers and still ducked out and came back next day. :) I took my Bronc home next morning 6/16 financed at 2.9% for 84months with Ford. What I learned, call all of your local credit unions and when at dealer ask ypur dealer to beat your best quote without sharing the name of credit union. Then ask them to bid out via their indirect system to "all" the credit unions in area that they work with. Very very good chance you will get up to 1% lower if they actually do this, and I think they must under fair lending or fair borrowing act (forget name). It only became apparent to me upon taking Ford financing and the dealer having me sign a fair lending doc which showed 12 or so lenders that I have a right to get qoute from. I am guessing Ford has legal responsibility to help buyer access other lenders, but of course you can bet that they do not volunteer. Was learning experience for me and hope helps you. If you think about, as collateral for auto loan, Bronco is actyally worth more used (if you pay MSRP) and thus a higher future value versus present value (@MSRP) should translate to below market rate vs loans for other vehicles which are worth less the minute you drive off lot (unlike Bronco which can be worth more). Again, hope helps and good luck!

Last edited:

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Under 3% for a 60/72 month is a very good loan these days. Most people with good credit (700+) are probably somewhere between 3-6%. Over 6% with good credit is just a bad loan in my opinion, and personally if I was above 5% I'd be shopping around for my own financing.

If this is Ford Credit... they aren't giving out good rates these days. The purpose of Ford Credit is to offer financing with the sole purpose of getting vehicles sold and off lots. At the moment lots are already empty, so there is no incentive for Ford Credit to offer preferable rates.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I purchased my Bronco on Friday 7/15. Dealer started at 4% for 60months, I called a couple local credit unions, 1st offered 3.25% for 60months 3.75% for 72months, and 4% for 84months. I asked dealer to bid out locally (fair credit act means they are supposed to do this ~ more on this below). They came back with higher rate from same credit union that I already called (had card on table and told them name) and dealer offered Ford rate of 0.01% lower. They did not send to all for quote even though can (and think they must by law if you request), so I called 2nd local credit union while at dealer and was offered 3.5% for 84months. While on phone with credit union at dealer who was in background asking if I would stop application if she could get me 3.49% for 84months, the credit union lady on phone offered 2.9% for 84months. I told the dealer I was going with credit union and would be back the next day with check, as I was about to walk out door the dealer finance mgr stopped me and said let me call Ford credit and see if can ask for favor to match. Well, 5min later, said got me 2.9% for 84months. Was getting late and had to pickup my boy from daycare, so I signed half the papers and still ducked out and came back next day. :) I took my Bronc home next morning 6/16 financed at 2.9% for 84months. What I learned, call all of your local credit unions and when at dealer ask ypur dealer to beat your best quote without sharing the name of credit union. Then ask them to bid out via their indirect system to "all" the credit unions in area that they work with. Very very goof chance you will get up to 1% lower if they actually do this, and I think they must under fair lending or fair borrowing act (forget name). It only became apparent to me upon taking Ford financing and the dealer having me sign a fair lending doc which showed 12 or so lenders that I have a right to get qoute from. I am guessing Ford has legal responsibility to help buyer access other lenders, but of course you can bet that they do not volunteer. Was learning experience for me and hope helps you. If you think about, as collateral for auto loan, Bronco is actyally worth more used (if you pay MSRP) and thus a higher future value versus present value (@MSRP) should translate to below market rate vs loans for other vehicles which are worth less the minute you drive off lot (unlike Bronco which can be worth more). Again, hope helps and good luck!
Rates have changed since you took delivery, but your advice is worth gold. A lot of people think they’re obligated to finance with the dealer, which is not the case. If people do their homework, like you did, they can save a bundle. Thanks.

Sponsored

Dayton1984

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I purchased my Bronco on Friday 7/15. Dealer started at 4% for 60months, I called a couple local credit unions, 1st offered 3.25% for 60months 3.75% for 72months, and 4% for 84months. I asked dealer to bid out locally (fair credit act means they are supposed to do this ~ more on this below). They came back with higher rate from same credit union that I already called (had card on table and told them name) and dealer offered Ford rate of 0.01% lower. They did not send to all for quote even though can (and think they must by law if you request), so I called 2nd local credit union while at dealer and was offered 3.5% for 84months. While on phone with credit union at dealer who was in background asking if I would stop application if she could get me 3.49% for 84months, the credit union lady on phone offered 2.9% for 84months. I told the dealer I was going with credit union and would be back the next day with check, as I was about to walk out door the dealer finance mgr stopped me and said let me call Ford credit and see if can ask for favor to match. Well, 5min later, said got me 2.9% for 84months. Was getting late and had to pickup my boy from daycare, so I signed half the papers and still ducked out and came back next day. :) I took my Bronc home next morning 6/16 financed at 2.9% for 84months. What I learned, call all of your local credit unions and when at dealer ask ypur dealer to beat your best quote without sharing the name of credit union. Then ask them to bid out via their indirect system to "all" the credit unions in area that they work with. Very very goof chance you will get up to 1% lower if they actually do this, and I think they must under fair lending or fair borrowing act (forget name). It only became apparent to me upon taking Ford financing and the dealer having me sign a fair lending doc which showed 12 or so lenders that I have a right to get qoute from. I am guessing Ford has legal responsibility to help buyer access other lenders, but of course you can bet that they do not volunteer. Was learning experience for me and hope helps you. If you think about, as collateral for auto loan, Bronco is actyally worth more used (if you pay MSRP) and thus a higher future value versus present value (@MSRP) should translate to below market rate vs loans for other vehicles which are worth less the minute you drive off lot (unlike Bronco which can be worth more). Again, hope helps and good luck!
Thank you, very helpful information!

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4DR, 2007 Saturn Sky
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
interest skyrocketed.
I have excellent credit. My bronco sport in April was financed at 2.2~%
A month later my Bronco was financed at 5.4~%. My credit rating hadn't even taken the ding from the sport yet, so that had nothing to do with it.

PaulBrownSr

Big Bend
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Borrowing lol
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Got 2.34% back in April. I can’t remember what my credit was exactly. I think it was in the good but not quite great range. Not a big fan of the whole credit system really. The only time I ever genuinely needed it was when I bought a house

Arnold1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Logix has 3.24 for 72month (requires FICO 740 or above)

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Taking a loan out for a vehicle for 6 years is insane. You can probably get up to a 1.5% lower rate by going for <60 months. By the time these vehicles are 4-5 years old things will start breaking. And having repairs equal or more than what you'll be paying monthly makes no sense.

Sponsored

alabamadave

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Under 3% for a 60/72 month is a very good loan these days. Most people with good credit (700+) are probably somewhere between 3-6%. Over 6% with good credit is just a bad loan in my opinion, and personally if I was above 5% I'd be shopping around for my own financing.

If this is Ford Credit... they aren't giving out good rates these days. The purpose of Ford Credit is to offer financing with the sole purpose of getting vehicles sold and off lots. At the moment lots are already empty, so there is no incentive for Ford Credit to offer preferable rates.
Was Ford Credit.

Tcbbronco

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Rates are dependent on length of term so many of the 36-48-60 rates will be lower. IMO, dont do that loan, incredibly expensive.

chartzilla

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Land Rover Disco 2, '79 Corvette, '17 Elantra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So do you go to the dealer first to see grand total including taxes then go to credit union or does the purchase agreement include taxes so you know exactly how much to finance with your credit union and what the check amount should be?
If you're just getting a pre-approval you can just guesstimate the amount. When/if you actually go to get financing your bank/CU will ask you for a purchase agreement so you can see the actual exact amount you'll need to purchase the car. You'll have to get the dealer to send you a copy of one. Once you send the bank the purchase agreement, and tell them how much you plan to put down as a deposit, they'll approve the remaining amount and mail out a cashiers check for the financed amount either directly to the dealer or to you.

Heart2

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

2.49% for 48 from a local Credit Union that dealer went through.

Trail_Runner

Base
First Name
Me
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150, 97 Jeep TJ, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
1.99 60m through dealer 7/14/22

I had 2.24 from CU and the dealer was determined to beat it.
Sponsored

Last edited: