First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
When these Ford representatives respond to questions that concern accessories and or parts, what do they mean by "after market" parts? My understanding of the term "after market" parts is that non-Ford entities such as those that can be found in any off-road magazine or clearing house catalog (like those product lines sold through Quadratec). How can the Ford representative responding to questions know definitively that a particular part will be available from any "after market" (non-Ford) manufacturer?

If the Ford representative is using the term "after market" to refer to specific Ford Corporation produced parts that will be available through Ford dealers or the Ford Performance Parts (https://performanceparts.ford.com/), then why won't the representatives simply state this clearly?
Sponsored

bladsquatch

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When these Ford representatives respond to questions that concern accessories and or parts, what do they mean by "after market" parts? My understanding of the term "after market" parts is that non-Ford entities such as those that can be found in any off-road magazine or clearing house catalog (like those product lines sold through Quadratec). How can the Ford representative responding to questions know definitively that a particular part will be available from any "after market" (non-Ford) manufacturer?

If the Ford representative is using the term "after market" to refer to specific Ford Corporation produced parts that will be available through Ford dealers or the Ford Performance Parts (https://performanceparts.ford.com/), then why won't the representatives simply state this clearly?
As Ford is aiming straight for Jeep Wrangler, which you can find any accessory for that you can dream of, I suppose it’s an assumption at this point? I think context here would help answer the question better.

OP
OP

Glcmranger

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Since I don't do the twitter thingy, would a sentient forum member forward my question to the Ford representative responding to our questions please?

Mke_80

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Renegade
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After market usually means not from us. Since what Ford sell is there own market then after market would be what someone else is selling.
I think they want major company to get on board and start making upgrades. I think they already know who will and what will be available. Most that buy the base will be upgrading with after market.

OP
OP

Glcmranger

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As Ford is aiming straight for Jeep Wrangler, which you can find any accessory for that you can dream of, I suppose it’s an assumption at this point? I think context here would help answer the question better.
Context is not the issue. The question is the question and that is; what do the Ford representatives that are responding to questions mean by "after market" parts? Simple. This means that I'm asking them to define their term "after market". Now I've asked the same question in two ways. Both request a clear operational definition of "after market".

I hope this helps. Please let me know.

Thanks,

Dan

Sponsored

fomoco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
deathmobile
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How can the Ford representative responding to questions know definitively that a particular part will be available from any "after market" (non-Ford) manufacturer?
Often, manufacturers will work with after market suppliers before launch and provide information (e.g. like interior/exterior dimensions, wheel sizes/bolt patterns, etc) . That is why there are 500 third party iphone cases available on iphone launch date.

bladsquatch

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Context is not the issue. The question is the question and that is; what do the Ford representatives that are responding to questions mean by "after market" parts? Simple. This means that I'm asking them to define their term "after market". Now I've asked the same question in two ways. Both request a clear operational definition of "after market".

Thanks,

Dan
?? well then you literally defined it in your question. Doesn’t seem you need any help.

OP
OP

Glcmranger

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm seeking Ford's definition, not mine. Ford's definition may be different than mine. It is that definition of Ford's that I seek.

Thanks

Dan

Sponsored

Bayou_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Thanks,

Dan
"Aftermarket" generally refers to anything not manufactured by or specifically for Ford. Some of these parts may even be sold by Ford Dealers but still considered aftermarket because they are not made by Ford.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks,

Dan
I really don’t understand what is confusing here. Ford seems to be using the term After Market in its normal, regular, every-day understanding.

Now, if the confusion is how Ford would know what the aftermarket manufacturers are planning... its not uncommon for OEMs to supply engineering documents, or even parts, to well established aftermarket companies to aid them in getting items to market.
Ford already announced partnerships with ARB for example, so I can imagine how Ford could have already provided ARB with specifications for the explicit and agreed purpose of producing a aftermarket bumper, for example.

Last edited:

TrailDust

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco, 23 Bronco Sport, 97 F-150, 07 Cummins
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Base + manual + Currie Rock Jock's = Aftermarket! :D

OP
OP

Glcmranger

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
By knowing if Ford defines "after market" as either Ford's after market parts (think Ford Performance) or non-Ford manufacturers or both will allow me to direct my research and expectations towards one or the other's "after market" collection or Ford's Performance Center. Of course the answer will beg many questions more, such as, "which company", if Ford's then when will the parts be available in their "after market" source, etc. Perhaps a simple response by Ford could be "the parts will be available through the Ford Performance Center catalog starting at X date" or "the parts will be available through your dealer at X date." or the non-Ford "after market" will provide the parts and we (Ford) do not know when they'll have the parts available". Something like that. Just a more complete answer than simply saying "after market". That's all I'm seeking.
Sponsored