Sponsored

What is all the squeaking coming from rear window area?

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I drove my Bronco to the top of a local peak today on a very rough road. Lots of rocks up to maybe four inches with a few larger ones I had to steer around. The whole way up and down the body or roof was flexing and apparently the rubber seals were squeaking like crazy.

I don't know if there is anything I can do about it other than clean the dirt and dust off of them when I can, so that they don't grind things up. Even on less than perfectly smooth paved roads it was still doing it. It stopped once I got to a smooth enough road.

Anything I can do about it other than just live with it?
Sponsored

Taylan

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure this will help you but mine was making noises and I found it was coming from the plastic trim. Used 2 ty wraps and solved that issue.

Ford Bronco What is all the squeaking coming from rear window area? 20220728_182302

equitasforall

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I took an old towel, lightly sprayed it with WD-40, and rubbed all the rubber seals on the window and tailgate with it. Been almost 3 months without a sound at this point.

JTK37

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Check the TSB for the rear top installation and the gaps between the top and fenders. I have the squeak on the passenger side of the rear hatch- turns out its because the gap between the rear passenger fender and the top is too tight and it rubs on one side.

Yes keeping the seal clean reduces some noise, but the loudest noise for me was the rubbing

RunNGunArk

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I took an old towel, lightly sprayed it with WD-40, and rubbed all the rubber seals on the window and tailgate with it. Been almost 3 months without a sound at this point.
WHOOOOOO
AFTER MONTHS of DRIVING mE CRAZY, i tried the WD-40 and it eliminated the SQUEAK! I was about ready to trade in my beloved Bronc over the squeaking noise! I had tried armorall on the seals.. i put painters tape EVERYWHERE the glass touched a seal...
Last night, i got home and used the WD-40 on it.. forgot about it this am and got most of the way to work and realized something was missing.. most of the squeaks.. at lunch, I reapplied and drove back to work and it was amazing.. peaceful..
I'll probably get some of the Krytox if it returns.. but oh my... my nerves were about done before that was fixed..

Sponsored

equitasforall

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
WHOOOOOO
AFTER MONTHS of DRIVING mE CRAZY, i tried the WD-40 and it eliminated the SQUEAK! I was about ready to trade in my beloved Bronc over the squeaking noise! I had tried armorall on the seals.. i put painters tape EVERYWHERE the glass touched a seal...
Last night, i got home and used the WD-40 on it.. forgot about it this am and got most of the way to work and realized something was missing.. most of the squeaks.. at lunch, I reapplied and drove back to work and it was amazing.. peaceful..
I'll probably get some of the Krytox if it returns.. but oh my... my nerves were about done before that was fixed..
Glad it helped!!! Enjoy the Sound of Silence!

RunNGunArk

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You got the MICE. You got to the MICE OUT. The MICE. 🕳 🐭 🐁
The mice were about to drive me insane... it's ok if I have to continue to wipe with WD40 if it continues to keep the squeakies out.

RunNGunArk

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Slight update... WD-40 was a short term solution... started squeaking some again in a few days...
So, ordered the $25 tube of Krytox... seems much better this am.. hopefully it lasts longer than wd-40

OP
OP
Scott R Nelson

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Slight update... WD-40 was a short term solution... started squeaking some again in a few days...
So, ordered the $25 tube of Krytox... seems much better this am.. hopefully it lasts longer than wd-40
Yeah, I found that lubrication fixes didn't last long. When I'm off road, I now put a small towel in between the window and the tailgate so that it sticks out about half an inch. I put that in there when I air down the tires and take it out when I air back up. No squeeks at all while I'm off road with that solution.

I guess since I started this particular thread, I should have posted my solution sooner.

Sponsored

RC Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '97 Geo Tracker
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I also have this issue, narrowed down to rubber around rear window (no noise if window left open). I also found lubricant to be a temporary solution.

do any of y’all have tiny gap(s) between the top of the body and the bottom of the rear hardtop where you can see outside the vehicle and where dust gets into the cabin?

Shane78

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I still had squeaks with Krytox 205 2 weeks after applying to rear window seal. Guess it dried out or dispersed. I bought 204, same thing, just lower viscosity, haven’t had squeaks for a month now. For whatever that’s worth to anyone. Still seems oily on the rubber.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I also have this issue, narrowed down to rubber around rear window (no noise if window left open). I also found lubricant to be a temporary solution.

do any of y’all have tiny gap(s) between the top of the body and the bottom of the rear hardtop where you can see outside the vehicle and where dust gets into the cabin?
Hi Rob. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.

MillerAndCheeto

Wildtrak
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Cyber Orange Wildtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've brought my Bronco in for this issue, they said they fixed it but all they did was add lubricant. Of course the squeak was back a few days later. It's back in right now due to fried alternator getting the shroud/cover installation, and I told them they can't just lubricate it, there must be something else that can be done. I've been in other Broncos that don't have this problem, so it's definitely not a universal issue.