Sponsored

What is an appropriate discount percentage when buying or selling ‘’Used parts” Bronco OEM parts?

Jarheaded

Outer Banks
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

As we all begin to customize our Broncos and replace OEM parts, what is a fair price to pay for, or expect to get for parts that we are removing? I imagine that it’s at least a little less than what you’d pay Ford for actual new parts, even if they’re in like new condition, right…? I know this may be a Marketplace question but I’m thinking in more general terms, and I will also add the obligatory apology if this has already been covered.
Sponsored

toughtoaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For OEM parts (and anything else) it really just depends on the market of your area. I've had things sit almost brand new take offs at 50% new pricing for months and crappy old pieces of junk let go for free in under an hour. They always seem to know when I am going or on vacation though... Always get a flurry of messages if they can pick it up that day.

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Welcome to an open market. Price is a function of your patience as much as reasonable pricing.

Are you willing to wait out the right buyer? No? Gotta let em go cheap

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You can possibly get an idea by looking a Jeep Wrangler used parts. You can find wheel take-offs for around $500, and the wheels and tires for between $800/$1100 if they are basically new. Then you see those that think they can ask dealer price for their parts. It's not an exact science, and as stated above we will probably have to wait until there are enough parts out there to see what the marker will bear.

OP
OP
Jarheaded

Jarheaded

Outer Banks
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You can possibly get an idea by looking a Jeep Wrangler used parts. You can find wheel take-offs for around $500, and the wheels and tires for between $800/$1100 if they are basically new. Then you see those that think they can ask dealer price for their parts. It's not an exact science, and as stated above we will probably have to wait until there are enough parts out there to see what the marker will bear.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jarheaded

Jarheaded

Outer Banks
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That does give me some perspective, I’m worried that I’ll end up with a garage full of take offs that I put too high a value on….

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That does give me some perspective, I’m worried that I’ll end up with a garage full of take offs that I put too high a value on….

I figure any price I put on my stuff is always negotiable. But, then I also know I'll get the inevitible low ballers wanting it for nothing. :)

OP
OP
Jarheaded

Jarheaded

Outer Banks
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think I’m going to use 50% as a starting point, and then factor in availability, shipping cost/effort, and finally how much room I have in my garage. I’m guessing a “serviceable” hard top would command a pretty good price right about now, but “grabber blue” interior accents will be a dime a dozen.

cole hamer

Black Diamond
First Name
cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
escalade
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

HaHa yeah.
I am looking for a set of take offs.
Dudes on Ebay are charging brand new prices.

andersman02

Big Bend
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend 2.7l SaS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
50% is a solid starting point for most things that get changed on a bronco.

Specific things such as wire harnesses can go to like 75% on eBay if your patient.
Sponsored