Sponsored

What is driving $5K Big Bend upgrade cost from Base Model??

Squidd

Big Bend
First Name
Dakota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Can someone explain why there is roughly a $5K increase on the Big Bend? It seems like I will have to pay $5k to have the OPTION to pay MORE for some of the benefits like heated seats, modular bumper, Mid Package, etc. I'm getting ManSquatch and build and price shows the Sasquatch package costing full price on the BB and I don't see why you would get that model with the Sasquatch at that point. The only thing tempting me to the BB is Area 51 , but I can't see how rear window tint and leather shifter and steering wheel wraps cost that much. Is it just me or am I missing something?
Sponsored

bk1287

Black Diamond
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Honestly, if I could get a mid package in the base, i'd get a base. Really want a NAV and safety features because I do a ton of highway driving. I was all in on a black diamond because I wanted the vinyl seats, but I don't see the value anymore given that I don't do offroading (just a daily drive for me). Rather get a big bend, get the upgraded headlights, and just get some katzkin's and change out the grille. It'll still likely save me 2-3k.

BaseMod

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Honestly, if I could get a mid package in the base, i'd get a base. Really want a NAV and safety features because I do a ton of highway driving. I was all in on a black diamond because I wanted the vinyl seats, but I don't see the value anymore given that I don't do offroading (just a daily drive for me). Rather get a big bend, get the upgraded headlights, and just get some katzkin's and change out the grille. It'll still likely save me 2-3k.
Ford doesn’t care what the peasants want. If it ain’’t 50+k before tax/title they don’t want to sell it.

bk1287

Black Diamond
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford doesn’t care what the peasants want. If it ain’’t 50+k before tax/title they don’t want to sell it.
The packages make no sense. So I can upgrade lights on the big bend, but not the black diamond. Or I can get vinyl in the black diamond, but need to pay an outlandish price to upgrade to leather on some higher packages. It’s just dumb. Jeep makes you pay for everything a la carte, but at least it’s logical.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Squidd

Squidd

Big Bend
First Name
Dakota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The packages make no sense. So I can upgrade lights on the big bend, but not the black diamond. Or I can get vinyl in the black diamond, but need to pay an outlandish price to upgrade to leather on some higher packages. It’s just dumb. Jeep makes you pay for everything a la carte, but at least it’s logical.
Do you think that after they fix the build and price website it will change things?

bk1287

Black Diamond
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Do you think that after they fix the build and price website it will change things?
I doubt it. They’ve had this planned for a while with these packages. They want you to pay up to get what you want. The problem is that it’s not going to sit well with a lot of people, especially those who want It for daily drivers.

OP
OP
Squidd

Squidd

Big Bend
First Name
Dakota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I doubt it. They’ve had this planned for a while with these packages. They want you to pay up to get what you want. The problem is that it’s not going to sit well with a lot of people, especially those who want It for daily drivers.
It's mental.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Squidd

Squidd

Big Bend
First Name
Dakota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
100%. I mean, honestly, if I built the bronco how I’d really want it, I’d be between 55-60k. I’m sure a lot will. Most will just turn away at that point.
100%. I mean, honestly, if I built the bronco how I’d really want it, I’d be between 55-60k. I’m sure a lot will. Most will just turn away at that point.
I just want a manual Sasquatch in Area 51 with a roof rack, but 5k to get a paint job....

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Are we discussing lux package and $60k for garage door openers? I think the build and price for the badlands sport is also over run due to things like this.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you looked at the two models side-by-side?

One looks like a proper, well-equipped, modern vehicle and the other looks like a stripped down USPS vehicle.

I understand that sounds great to a lot of people on here, but mainstream buyers who have no intention of ever modding will buy the Big Bend.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford doesn’t actually want to sell the base model because it has the lowest margins.
This. People have to accept that the Base serves the marketing catch of offering a sub $30K rig. Once Broncos hit the pavement and eventually dealer lots, they won't need to market the Base. It will likely go away with Big Bend being the entry model.

My advice for those that want a stripped down capable rig is to get it while you can.

CCross

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy 2500HD Duramax, 2000 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jeep doesn’t price everything a la cart. Go configure a Sport or Sahara with a Dana 44 and lockers. This is where Ford is going to excel with off roaders.
Sponsored