Sponsored

What is is about the Bronco that brings out the haters?

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
  • Banned
I've been a member of this and other vehicle forums including the Maverick. Something about the Bronco brings out the haters you don't find with the others. For example on the Maverick forum they discuss things like interior quality, production delays, etc. without the usual hate mongers screaming about Ford never doing anything right. The discussions take on a completely different tone. You would think a vehicle as unique as the Bronco with special design and manufacturing challenges would be given some leeway, but every little issue is an example of how the entire vehicle is crap, Ford is Crap and Ford never built a quality vehicle. Why is this? The Maverick is a Ford too. Is it because Bronco people are brilliant engineers and experts in auto production? I have my own ideas....
Sponsored

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've been a member of this and other vehicle forums including the Maverick. Something about the Bronco brings out the haters you don't find with the others. For example on the Maverick forum they discuss things like interior quality, production delays, etc. without the usual hate mongers screaming about Ford never doing anything right. The discussions take on a completely different tone. You would think a vehicle as unique as the Bronco with special design and manufacturing challenges would be given some leeway, but every little issue is an example of how the entire vehicle is crap, Ford is Crap and Ford never built a quality vehicle. Why is this? The Maverick is a Ford too. Is it because Bronco people are brilliant engineers and experts in auto production? I have my own ideas....
In a lot of ways this is a lifestyle vehicle/brand that people are far more emotionally invested in than a Maverick. That's why I think you see more extremes with any piece of Bronco news.

Sponsored

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

People have been waiting 3-4 YEARS since the announcement to get the Bronco, or even longer if you count the prototype. Lots sold their vehicles last year anticipating on getting them by a certain date. No comparison to other current vehicles. You can't go sell a used Maverick for 25% over sticker either. Ford pushed everyone into a fever pitch with all the delays and the MIC debacle. I would bet the last time this kind of enthusiasm was shown for a vehicle was the 1964 1/2 Mustang.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

IDK - May be a difference in level of enthusiasm for the product and firm option of what the product should be/have.

Think Bronco vs Bronco Sport ads:

“YOU NEED A BRONCO!”

vs

“Let’s camp here.”

One group is serious enthusiasts about the vehicle, the other is the vehicle is transportation that allows for stuff you’re enthusiastic about.

Not to mention let’s see how the Maverick people would feel if they’re still waiting as long after reserving as we have been.

StrictlyBroncos

Badlands
First Name
Reece
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco (Badlands)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Had the launch gone differently ---no MIC issues, Dirt Mountain fiasco and more Bronco's into the hands of early reservation holders, the sentiment might be different.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Probably because the Maverick folks haven’t had their vehicle dangled in front of them, like a carrot, for over a year. Then continually get yanked away right as we are about to get it.
What he said.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

And you've been around since last Oct. and don't understand the frustration of having your new, or what WAS new Bronco parked on a dirt lot for 3-4 months with NO communication from Ford even tho' they could. They clearly don't want to and don't give a crap. So I don't give a crap about them, now. Just give me my Bronco and let's call it a day and amicable divorce.

Sponsored

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I doubt many people are super stoked about the Maverick. The Bronco- people are super stoked. And tired of waiting. And tired of delays (Ford and non Ford). And tired of Ford rewarding large dealers, many who have done scummy things with bronco orders. I could go on……….

foreWard

Badlands
First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep GC Trailhawk, 2003 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Its passion. People are so much more invested (emotionally) in the Bronco than other vehicles. That comes with a lot of positive feelings and negative ones...

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Bronco, like Jeep, is an enthusiast vehicle...the Maverick is just a small truck. One inspires passion on both sides, the other...is just another truck.
^^^This!

Even the raptor pickup is just a pickup. Park a bronco next to a sweet-ass raptor and the lookie-loos are crawling all over the bronco.

And I would add that since the vehicle count is very low, the enthusiasm is higher right now. When there are hundreds of thousands pumping out per year (like jeeps), people might not care so much.

In dragging this out with reservations and stalled roll-out, Ford built anticipation. As the anticipation builds and the vehicle doesn't arrive, people get bitter.

If you think about it, people have been waiting for a new Bronco for 25 years.

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I totally agree with you I have test driven the Bronco I have driven to the other side of the state to see a Bronco (Michigan) and all's I could do is sit in it and take pictures. And I have stopped in Moab to take one out and see what it could really do. Every time I have I get more excited that I have a Bronco on order. Ford has knocked this vehicle out of the park! The looks the ride and what it can do off-roading is spectacular! I can't wait till I get mine!

BadK22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco '92 Jeep YJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would say it has to do with the fact that this is definitely the worst automotive launch in history. On top of that, Ford has lacked transparency the entire time and made promises they failed to deliver on over and over.

Personally I'm furious because I based decisions on the thinking that Ford would follow through on their promise to have the Broncos to day 1 reservation holders in Spring. I did not replace my current leased F-150 like I would have done, I instead extended to wait for the Bronco. I'm now stuck because the price of new and used vehicles has gone through the roof and the end of my F-150 lease is coming.

Now where is Ford to make things right? They are pretending nothing is going on and refusing to acknowledge whatever new major issue has got all these Broncos in holding. Instead of being transparent, they are suppressing the sources of information that were giving us hints at what was truly going on.

The only reason they ever spoke up about the MIC tops is because everyone already knew about it and media outlets were reporting on it.
Sponsored