Sponsored

What is is about the Bronco that brings out the haters?

OP
OP
markregel

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was on your side of the argument initially.... Now that my order was finally submitted... INCORRECTLY..... I'm all for flaming @Ford Motor Company.
  1. First they botched the launch
  2. then the MIC cardboard/lizardskin quality issues.
  3. not doing anything to help people who reserved get their broncos instead of shady dealers stealing them for adm
  4. more delays
  5. mic 2.0 STILL having QC issues.
  6. basically doing nothing even if like me, patiently waiting only for the ORDER ITSELF to be botched and being told 'We'll see what we can do."
I have no enthusiasm anymore for the bronco. Maybe they'll fix my order, but I probably have a better shot at time travelling at this point....
I don't think anyone in the industry would consider a launch that sold out the first two years in a few weeks botched. A botched launch is one nobody wants. So far the vast majority of the reviews are positive, so obviously a lot of people who are paid to find fault think its pretty great, MIC issues and all. Your pissed because you don't have one yet, I get it. The scarcity only adds to the allure and mystic. If there were rows and rows of these things at dealerships, nobody would give a crap about it and some of us wouldn't want one.
Sponsored

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't think anyone in the industry would consider a launch that sold out the first two years in a few weeks botched. A botched launch is one nobody wants. So far the vast majority of the reviews are positive, so obviously a lot of people who are paid to find fault think its pretty great, MIC issues and all. Your pissed because you don't have one yet, I get it. The scarcity only adds to the allure and mystic. If there were rows and rows of these things at dealerships, nobody would give a crap about it and some of us wouldn't want one.
A botched launch doesn't just mean a vehicle someone doesn't want.... It can also mean a vehicle that debuts, but isn't ready to be produced in mass, removes features and options, and makes it difficult to order, as well as get solid accurate information not only from ford customer service folks, but dealers themselves...
Define sold out.... that would be the entire inventory is sold, transactions completed, and asses in bronco seats..
Sold out defined by the folks at ford is all of their reservations being sold out... some to shady dealers, others to people that back out and the dealer resells at mark up. That's not to say the demand isn't there, but its a bit biased because demand is high for all vehicles everywhere right now, from kias to maybachs.
It was botched in that they allowed more reservations then they could produce for their customers, actual customers, not sneaky dealerships.

OP
OP
markregel

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
A botched launch doesn't just mean a vehicle someone doesn't want.... It can also mean a vehicle that debuts, but isn't ready to be produced in mass, removes features and options, and makes it difficult to order, as well as get solid accurate information not only from ford customer service folks, but dealers themselves...
Define sold out.... that would be the entire inventory is sold, transactions completed, and asses in bronco seats..
Sold out defined by the folks at ford is all of their reservations being sold out... some to shady dealers, others to people that back out and the dealer resells at mark up. That's not to say the demand isn't there, but its a bit biased because demand is high for all vehicles everywhere right now, from kias to maybachs.
It was botched in that they allowed more reservations then they could produce for their customers, actual customers, not sneaky dealerships.
Yeah I get it. new product launches are often delayed whether it be an airplane or a new car design. Ford's objective is to deliver a quality product what goes on behind the scenes is their business not some wannabe experts on the internet who never made a tinker toy. You can rightfully be pissed about how they handle the reservation system. Nobody's going to consider it botched because of delays or an effing MC roof problem.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Seriously, do you work for Ford Marketing? Serious question, not a snark.

To actually think the Bronco launch is all wine and roses and to dismiss some people's legitimate concerns, whom you call haters, really just sounds like...

nHTIvr1ZYUd5J2qCZ3HCF_72sDm3DRWT2EmpsCaxMmzwXmg0vc.jpg

OP
OP
markregel

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Seriously, do you work for Ford Marketing? Serious question, not a snark.

To actually think the Bronco launch is all wine and roses and to dismiss some people's legitimate concerns, whom you call haters, really just sounds like...

Ford Bronco What is is about the Bronco that brings out the haters? nHTIvr1ZYUd5J2qCZ3HCF_72sDm3DRWT2EmpsCaxMmzwXmg0vc
Who said it was all wine and roses?

Sponsored
OP
OP
markregel

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Many statements sound like you're running for Ford apologist of the year.
Well, if CNN can say the Afghanistan pullout was an amazing success, I guess I can say the Bronco rollout wasn't botched.....

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I doubt many people are super stoked about the Maverick. The Bronco- people are super stoked. And tired of waiting.
The Maverick doesn't even come with a stick shift. Hard to get excited about a vehicle without a manual transmission.

Now if they would bring back the Ranchero on the Mustang platform with the 5.0 coyote and 6-speed manual, that would be something to get excited about.

TurnerNHooch

Badlands
First Name
Patti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 YJ & all the F150s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Waiting makes people cranky. Also, no one like a Bronc-tease.

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/6glYLqOQ3dlok" width="480" height="355" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="">via GIPHY</a></p>

Sponsored

BadK22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco '92 Jeep YJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford didn't promise a date
You sure about that? I seem to recall several emails with timing for certain things which never happened.

Ford Bronco What is is about the Bronco that brings out the haters? 1635976626567

This never happened

Ford Bronco What is is about the Bronco that brings out the haters? 1635976650445

This also never happened. In the frequently asked questions section on Fords website they specifically said May 18th, which came and went without a word from Ford.

BadK22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco '92 Jeep YJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't think you understand what a successful vehicle launch is. The vehicle had not launched until after it was already sold out. A successful launch means the company ramped up to target production volume , hit quality targets, had no extra costs, and did so on time. Please tell me which of these Ford did with this launch?

At this point Ford was supposed to have delivered close to 60k Broncos. Have they even come close? No. How much do you think the MIC issue cost them? How much do you think the 2.7 engine failure issue will end up costing? They have 100k+ unconverted orders and tons of inventory awaiting rework. You're right, it's not a botched launched. It's an absolute disaster!

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

🤦🏻‍♂️ OP compares 2 vehicles with 2 COMPLETELY DIFFERENT launch success levels, asks for why people thing 1 is getting more negativity than the other and THEN can’t be swayed from his opinion…
It’s literally black and white how different the maverick launch was compared to the bronco. You can buy one off the lot or place and order and have everything hunky dory, wine and roses. No tbd estimated wild ass guess when you’ll get it, no waiting in mystery and suspense like a damn soap opera on the next cliff hanger Ford or the dealer or both will leave you with waiting on some updates on your vehicle….

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Because this is what I know as a 'Maverick':
Ford Bronco What is is about the Bronco that brings out the haters? 1636038073034

😝 and it just doesn't inspire me that much. I certainly wouldn't wait 18 months for that.

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You know, today I would love to hav ethat Maverick. When they first came out, not so much.
Sponsored