Sponsored

What is is about the Bronco that brings out the haters?

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Superiority always brings haters. Like White Goodman says "We're better than you, and we know it!"
Sponsored

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Obviously there will be a different person for everyone, but there is a lot of anticipation that got crushed by Ford and Covid.

I'm not talking just anticipation over the last few years either, and I'm sure others are with me. Ever since I began shopping for vehicles 23 years ago, I've been shopping for the perfect vehicle that didn't exist. I ended up modding other 4x4s to meet my needs

Now that this perfect vehicle does exist and is very close to realization, I'm excited... I can definitely see how that excitement would turn to hate if Ford (or the dealers) managed to deprive me of it or an option that I view as integral to it (manual transmission for me).

BadK22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco '92 Jeep YJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree with you and your frustration to a certain extent. I think about it like this— you should never quit your job before finding a new one and have already signed on the dotted line. With the Bronco, people should keep a vehicle until they have purchased their Bronco and it is sitting right in front of them. Anything else is a gamble.
Yeah I agree with you. I didn't get rid of my vehicle in anticipation of the Bronco. I kept one that I'm probably going to have to end up buying. My point was I thought I could trust a company like Ford to follow through on their word. I was very wrong.

Colorado buff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner 2000, Mini Cooper convertible
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I've been a member of this and other vehicle forums including the Maverick. Something about the Bronco brings out the haters you don't find with the others. For example on the Maverick forum they discuss things like interior quality, production delays, etc. without the usual hate mongers screaming about Ford never doing anything right. The discussions take on a completely different tone. You would think a vehicle as unique as the Bronco with special design and manufacturing challenges would be given some leeway, but every little issue is an example of how the entire vehicle is crap, Ford is Crap and Ford never built a quality vehicle. Why is this? The Maverick is a Ford too. Is it because Bronco people are brilliant engineers and experts in auto production? I have my own ideas....
Because people have been waiting for this for over 30 years, and some over 50 as it reflects the gen 1 style of the 60-70’s Broncos.

Sponsored

Colorado buff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It's about power. It's always about power.

The Bronco is a mostly unnecessary lifestyle vehicle that makes a big and bold statement of power - horsepower, capability, and financial. Just look at everyone complaining about how wimpy the Badlands looks with only 33s. How beefy and tough the Sasquatch looks.

See? The Bronco is primarily, above all else, about projecting image and status. No one needs a Bronco to get to work. No one needs a Bronco to make a living. This type of product attracts a really specific type of buyer - someone that highly values their status, their image, and wants or needs to project power. Capability, financial power, "winning," you know the type. The type of person attracted to appearing powerful isn't going to be the measured, considerate, introspective type.

🤷‍♂️

Compare that with the Maverick. The Maverick is not an aspirational vehicle. It is inexpensive and it is wholly practical. It's efficient. It is not jacked up, bulky, tough, or aggressive. It doesn't, by its very existence, exert dominance over your neighbors, coworkers, and people you drive past on the road. Any pickup buyer worried about status is going to drive a jacked-up half ton or 3/4 ton and laugh at all of the fucken wimps in the useless Maverick, all while commuting in a four door pickup by themselves with an empty bed and towing nothing while getting 12mpg.

A considerate, thoughtful person is going to land on a vehicle like the Maverick. This is someone who is excited for the actual utility of the vehicle - carting kids around in comfort, being able to carry around mulch or paint or a couch or contractor equipment as a useful daily driver or work truck.

When I was into motorcycles, it was hilarious watching the Pirates vs. Power Ranger fights. Cruisers are all about the loud, huge, powerful, image. Bigger, badder, tougher, more badass. Wholly illogical, pointless aside from asserting dominance over everyone around you. Likewise, the sportbike dudes were all about fastest top speed, biggest wheelie, most dangerous swerving through traffic - the power and status that could be exerted by badass risk-taking.

WIth those two groups constantly raging against each other, I found comfort hanging out with the Standard riders. Just normal, upright motorcycles that are reasonable and practical. You can comfortably cruise and commute. It's at home carving corners and having a good time zipping around a curvy road. It's not about blasting your loud pipes or hitting 200mph on the highway, it's about being useful and practical.

The Standard riders were always the most chill. Laid back, unconcerned about image or being a tough guy or "beating" anyone, but excited about what the bike can do and how to make it better or more fun or more useful.

If you want to know why people are SO FUCKEN PISSED AT FORD HOW COULD THEY BE SO STUPID and I'LL BURN DOWN THAT DEALERSHIP IF THEY DON'T GIVE ME WHAT I WANT or I NEED A BIG FUCKEN V8 SO I CAN SCREAM DOWN YOUR STREET WITH OPEN PIPES AT 3AM just remember that some people are still trapped in the chase for power where their brains only give them the good chemicals if they feel like they're better than someone. Give me a Maverick person any day.

Thank you for coming to my Ted talk. ✌
I agree on some points. I think the bronco is something truly unique, roof off, off road capability. It leaves you dreaming and able to do many cool things that most vanilla vehicles don’t. I think of bronco in the same way as a Mini Cooper or Jeep. It’s a different kind of vehicle. i think expensive sports cars are more that other type of person you described. I do agree that those type of people need to chill!

Colorado buff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Nah the worst automotive launch in history is one nobody wants.
It’s the best launch. They are taking a page out of apples playbook with the scarcity principle and make people wait.

OP
OP
markregel

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah I agree with you. I didn't get rid of my vehicle in anticipation of the Bronco. I kept one that I'm probably going to have to end up buying. My point was I thought I could trust a company like Ford to follow through on their word. I was very wrong.
Ford didn't promise a date
It’s the best launch. They are taking a page out of apples playbook with the scarcity principle and make people wait.
Yeah and Harley in the early 2000's. The scarcity only increases the allure.

OP
OP
markregel

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base

The Bronco is a mostly unnecessary lifestyle vehicle that makes a big and bold statement of power - horsepower, capability, and financial. Just look at everyone complaining about how wimpy the Badlands looks with only 33s. How beefy and tough the Sasquatch looks.

See? The Bronco is primarily, above all else, about projecting image and status. No one needs a Bronco to get to work. No one needs a Bronco to make a living. This type of product attracts a really specific type of buyer - someone that highly values their status, their image, and wants or needs to project power. Capability, financial power, "winning," you know the type. The type of person attracted to appearing powerful isn't going to be the measured, considerate, introspective type.

🤷‍♂️

Compare that with the Maverick. The Maverick is not an aspirational vehicle. It is inexpensive and it is wholly practical. It's efficient. It is not jacked up, bulky, tough, or aggressive. It doesn't, by its very existence, exert dominance over your neighbors, coworkers, and people you drive past on the road. Any pickup buyer worried about status is going to drive a jacked-up half ton or 3/4 ton and laugh at all of the fucken wimps in the useless Maverick, all while commuting in a four door pickup by themselves with an empty bed and towing nothing while getting 12mpg.

A considerate, thoughtful person is going to land on a vehicle like the Maverick. This is someone who is excited for the actual utility of the vehicle - carting kids around in comfort, being able to carry around mulch or paint or a couch or contractor equipment as a useful daily driver or work truck.

When I was into motorcycles, it was hilarious watching the Pirates vs. Power Ranger fights. Cruisers are all about the loud, huge, powerful, image. Bigger, badder, tougher, more badass. Wholly illogical, pointless aside from asserting dominance over everyone around you. Likewise, the sportbike dudes were all about fastest top speed, biggest wheelie, most dangerous swerving through traffic - the power and status that could be exerted by badass risk-taking.

WIth those two groups constantly raging against each other, I found comfort hanging out with the Standard riders. Just normal, upright motorcycles that are reasonable and practical. You can comfortably cruise and commute. It's at home carving corners and having a good time zipping around a curvy road. It's not about blasting your loud pipes or hitting 200mph on the highway, it's about being useful and practical.

The Standard riders were always the most chill. Laid back, unconcerned about image or being a tough guy or "beating" anyone, but excited about what the bike can do and how to make it better or more fun or more useful.

If you want to know why people are SO FUCKEN PISSED AT FORD HOW COULD THEY BE SO STUPID and I'LL BURN DOWN THAT DEALERSHIP IF THEY DON'T GIVE ME WHAT I WANT or I NEED A BIG FUCKEN V8 SO I CAN SCREAM DOWN YOUR STREET WITH OPEN PIPES AT 3AM just remember that some people are still trapped in the chase for power where their brains only give them the good chemicals if they feel like they're better than someone. Give me a Maverick person any day.

Awesome post! I'm thinking about a Maverick. Its getting killer reviews and in AWD can do mild off roading. I drove one last weekend and its sweet, very refined. There is really nothing like it (Santa Cruze gets abysmal MPG), it has a real chance of becoming the next Honda Civic short of any major problems. The go to vehicle if you want something inexpensive, fun and practical. That said I want a Bronco for two reasons. #1 I think its super cool hard plastic and all, #2 To flip off the climate baffoons.

Sponsored

STRATUS

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport, C8 Corvette Spyder
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Anytime something is good, great and or dominates...loosers turn up the HATE-O-METER.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

🤷‍♂️

You lost me after a paragraph……..yawn

OP
OP
markregel

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
because Maverick is Ford's new Focus/Fusion equivalent?
No its not, its a new class of vehicle along with the Santa Cruz. The Maverick kills the latter in MPG and seems to be getting fantastic reviews across the board. But yeah I get it, its no Bronco in terms of the excitement and hype.

OP
OP
markregel

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Anytime something is good, great and or dominates...loosers turn up the HATE-O-METER.
Some dude was complaining that his bumper was half a cm lower on one side than the other. How did he measure it, from the ground? I remember standing behind a row of new Camrys at a dealership and noticing significant variance in the alignment of the trunk lids. Good grief the plastic pumper on my Mazda and Toyota I can giggle 1cm. These Broncos must be amazing for someone to wine about something like this.

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was on your side of the argument initially.... Now that my order was finally submitted... INCORRECTLY..... I'm all for flaming @Ford Motor Company.
  1. First they botched the launch
  2. then the MIC cardboard/lizardskin quality issues.
  3. not doing anything to help people who reserved get their broncos instead of shady dealers stealing them for adm
  4. more delays
  5. mic 2.0 STILL having QC issues.
  6. basically doing nothing even if like me, patiently waiting only for the ORDER ITSELF to be botched and being told 'We'll see what we can do."
I have no enthusiasm anymore for the bronco. Maybe they'll fix my order, but I probably have a better shot at time travelling at this point....
Sponsored