What is stopping a dealer from selling you order

tag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What is stopping a dealer from selling you order out from under you to someone for a higher price?
Sponsored

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That the the beauty of this the reservation system is customer centered meaning that the customer makes all of the choices...no dealer owns You or Your Bronco order that is why there will be ordering dealer changes.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I’d imagine that come December when you convert the reservation to an actual order, you agree on pricing in writing and they would only be able to sell it to someone else if you don’t complete the purchase in X days after arrival

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That may be the case but it is your $100 bill on the line not the dealerships so I would believe that if you cancelled at that time Ford would refund your deposit and the order would be void...

Ford is trying to move the process to a customer based - not dealer based system and only need us (the dealerships) to negotiate and deliver per our dealer agreement with them...

DC9atnight

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That may be the case but it is your $100 bill on the line not the dealerships so I would believe that if you cancelled at that time Ford would refund your deposit and the order would be void...

Ford is trying to move the process to a customer based - not dealer based system and only need us (the dealerships) to negotiate and deliver per our dealer agreement with them...
My big fear is that after October 31st the customer looses the power and upon delivery, a shady dealer might suddenly add a charge for VIN engraving, floor mats, scotchguard or undercoating and when I refuse it, the dealer benefits by getting to sell the vehicle for a higher price on his/her lot. Does the Build and Price sheet of paper we get some sales person (who may not be there a year later when your Bronco arrives) to sign prior to Oct 31st protect us from ticky tacky charges at the end? It doesn't feel like to me that B&P sheet will be a binding contract and the best bet is to go with someone you trust (This being Eric in San Diego and Albert in Iowa) Am I too cynical? Thoughts?

Sponsored

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

DC9atnight

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you have the x-plan, and there is little reason not to, there will be a signed document between you and the dealer specifying all of the costs and charges in your order. Once signed, the dealer can not add additional items or charges.
More details here:
https://www.fordpartner.com/partnerweb/jsp/howitworks/fordpartner_rules.htm
That's great, I do have the X plan.. And I can get that signed before October 31st based on the B & P and before the December official order takes place?

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My big fear is that after October 31st the customer looses the power and upon delivery, a shady dealer might suddenly add a charge for VIN engraving, floor mats, scotchguard or undercoating.......Am I too cynical? Thoughts?
A bit of cynicism is healthy and keeps your guard up.

These are the questions you need to be asking your dealership NOW, don't wait until December to figure this out and don't wait until the end of October either. Ask if they will be requiring dealer add-ons? Will x-plan be accepted if available? Whats their doc fee? Do they have an admin fee? etc, etc. Start asking around now so you can move your reservation to a dealership you are comfortable with. When you finally find that dealership, ask to get the preliminary offering in writing.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
paranoia and crazy talk. There is an abundance on this forum.

My big fear is that after October 31st the customer looses the power and upon delivery, a shady dealer might suddenly add a charge for VIN engraving, floor mats, scotchguard or undercoating and when I refuse it, the dealer benefits by getting to sell the vehicle for a higher price on his/her lot. Does the Build and Price sheet of paper we get some sales person (who may not be there a year later when your Bronco arrives) to sign prior to Oct 31st protect us from ticky tacky charges at the end? It doesn't feel like to me that B&P sheet will be a binding contract and the best bet is to go with someone you trust (This being Eric in San Diego and Albert in Iowa) Am I too cynical? Thoughts?

Sponsored

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What is stopping a dealer from selling you order out from under you to someone for a higher price?
I don't think that would go over too well with Ford Motor Company.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you have the x-plan, and there is little reason not to, there will be a signed document between you and the dealer specifying all of the costs and charges in your order. Once signed, the dealer can not add additional items or charges.
More details here:
https://www.fordpartner.com/partnerweb/jsp/howitworks/fordpartner_rules.htm
This is true that once signed nothing can be added but just to clarify, the dealer can add dealer installed accessories (undercoat, clear coat, alarm, fabric/leather protection, etc) whether you want them or not. You will have a choice to sign the agreement or walk away from the deal.

My cynical side says that some dealers may do this for higher profit and possibly so people pull out leaving the dealer with a Bronco that they can mark up as much as they want. The question is if the dealer will be able to still order the Bronco and do this if a customer pulls out of the X-Plan agreement.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Another reason I’m with Granger, no need to worry.
Sponsored