First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I apologize for my tone BUT you are making this up >> that dealers who pushed reservations holders off purchases

do you have any proof that your dealership is doing this?

Why don't you just ask your dealership what is the price of your bronco instead of assuming that they are playing games and screwing you?

Hindsight is always 20/20. That is why I was asking if anyone knew what would happen based on some stating previously (which I quoted in my first post) that dealers who pushed reservations holders off purchases would be penalized.

I totally understand MSRP and how this all works. My issue is I did not understand that what I signed was not an actual binding contract on price.

Again your tone is not appreciated "what happens if the Sun does not rise" was never part of this conversation. It was a legit if this occurs what will Ford do based on what was previously stated ( I assumed that OP may actually know).
Sponsored

bronco2drga

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ouch, you don't want to lose that. Maybe give the Ford hot line a call, and just complain. I don't think that will change anything though. Good luck, and don't forget to leave a Yelp, and Google review for this crappy dealer telling people just how they treat their customers. I would do that today, and tell it like it is.
Yes, the extra sting is that it is supposed to be arriving at the dealership within the next 45 days and I still don't have a price. I actually just called and talked to Ford and they said they won't get involved in what dealerships do... Oh well, you live you learn. What is funny is I was trying to build a relationship with a small Ford dealer and thought giving my business to a local company was the right thing to do LOL. Boy did I learn a lesson! Nothing I can do but wait and see; if they try to screw me I'll walk and look for a different car.

It may be a good thing honestly.... I'm seeing a lot of quality issues on these first broncos (like door jams that weren't painted).

bronco2drga

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
I apologize for my tone BUT you are making this up >> that dealers who pushed reservations holders off purchases

do you have any proof that your dealership is doing this?

Why don't you just ask your dealership what is the price of your bronco instead of assuming that they are playing games and screwing you?
Sorry If I took it the wrong way, but yes I have already asked them and they said they won't know until the bronco arrives and they see what "market value" is. If I hadn't already spoken with them I wouldn't be here.

I would never even ask this here, but someone else quoted granger earlier saying there would be repercussions or whatever the verbiage was. Actually it was you who quoted granger lol

What am I making up?

moisea

Wildtrak
First Name
Moses
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano 2015
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What is stopping a dealer from selling you order out from under you to someone for a higher price?
BREACH OF CONTRACT/ FORD SANCTIONS/ REPUTATION/

UberGadgetFreak

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE Bronco 22 FE Mav, 23 Mav Tremor, 03 Marauder
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Rest assured, as a part of the franchise agreement, any dealer who does the things you mentioned here, will lose his franchise. These things do not happen. If you negotiate the price before the order, pay a deposit, the dealer is contractually obligated to sell you the vehicle at the price you agreed to, if you have the agreement in writing. Never give anyone money or sign anything without the complete terms in writing. If they are not, then this is where problems arise at delivery of the vehicle to you.
RCR has a lot of good advice. Never trade, get your financing in order first, negotiate where you can, and get everything in writing. It will save you a lot of money and headaches. I will add to always get a receipt for any down payment you make (I've had one claim I didn't make a down payment to sell a special order out from under me. I had the receipt, it got ugly), and check with your credit union if you have one - they often have car buying services and financing options that are amazing compared to what you get through other channels.

Sponsored

Dragline

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon Denali, GMC Sierra 1500, Honda Civic, Chevy C3500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Why worry about trade in? Shop it to Carmax, Carvana, and vroom ahead of time. If dealer offers less than the top one of those 3 take it to whoever offered the most.

Just traded a 2017 Yukon off on a '21 Gladiator, carvana offered 48, vroom 52.5, carmax 53, Jeep dealer 54 (with no knowledge of the other offers other than that we had offers).

Sure, I could maybe have gotten more selling it myself, but my time is valuable to me, selling cars isn't my business. Just sold a boat a dealt with the usual dreamers, tire kickers, lowballers, and time-wasters. Then when a real buyer came around there was dealing with safely getting a large sum of money from his bank account to mine, running around getting things notarized, etc.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
There are repercussions for selling a bronco to someone other than the reservation holder. Someone will correct me BUT if over 20% of reservations are sold to customers who are not the original reservation holder then Ford will punish the dealership.

Granger has not discussed what are the repercussions. If I had to guess it would be that allocations would be removed from that dealership.

Sorry If I took it the wrong way, but yes I have already asked them and they said they won't know until the bronco arrives and they see what "market value" is. If I hadn't already spoken with them I wouldn't be here.

I would never even ask this here, but someone else quoted granger earlier saying there would be repercussions or whatever the verbiage was.

bronco2drga

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
from granger:

There are severe penalties for dealers that do not deliver the Broncos to the person that has reserved and ordered the Bronco...

Will not comment on what the penalties are but we do not want any part of them...

This is the whole reason I even posted in the first place.... It thought someone might have some information that I did not.

There are repercussions for selling a bronco to someone other than the reservation holder. Someone will correct me BUT if over 20% of reservations are sold to customers who are not the original reservation holder then Ford will punish the dealership.

Granger has not discussed what are the repercussions. If I had to guess it would be that allocations would be removed from that dealership.
This was all I was trying to find out. I was curious based on my situation (which I may already be doomed lol)

law

Badlands
First Name
Larlar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is the whole reason I even posted in the first place.... It thought someone might have some information that I did not.

This was all I was trying to find out. I was curious based on my situation (which I may already be doomed lol)
Nick,
I signed my order with the understanding that the price on it was what I am paying.

If i was in your situation, I would immediate get the owner or the GM of the dealership involved.
If they want to play games, you as a consumer have better tools than they do. Dealerships hate BB claims, negative reviews on Yelp, Google,.. etc. , and then old tweet to ford seems to get reactions too.
I would remind them that you signed a document with the understanding that was the price and if that is not the case, you will take action.

I hate this is a conversation. what happened to hand shake deals?

oh ya, it is 20%. If a vehicle is title in another name besides the res holder, they get 20%. if they break that, they hurt their allocation for the following months. the penalty is pretty nasty.

bronco2drga

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nick,
I signed my order with the understanding that the price on it was what I am paying.

If i was in your situation, I would immediate get the owner or the GM of the dealership involved. if they want to play games, you as a consumer have better tools than they do. Dealerships hate BB claims, negative reviews on Yelp, Google,.. etc. , and then old tweet to ford seems to get reactions too.
I would remind them that you signed a document with the understanding that was the price and if that is not the case, you will take action.

I hate this is a conversation. what happened to hand shake deals?
The GM is the one who said he wouldn't know the price till it arrives.... I did tell him I thought that was the agreement and that if I had known it wasn't a set price I could have easily given my business to one of the many dealerships honoring MSRP.

I agree. I'm all about the dealership getting their cut. I know there is overhead, employees, etc. but I brought them an early reservation with buildable specs. It's just a kick in the groin.

Once I get the price I will decide what level I want to escalate things to. I've been very professional with the dealership up to this point, so hoping for the best.

Sponsored

bronco2drga

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
oh ya, it is 20%. If a vehicle is title in another name besides the res holder, they get 20%. if they break that, they hurt their allocation for the following months. the penalty is pretty nasty.
This is good to know. More fuel I can use when the time comes. Thanks!

law

Badlands
First Name
Larlar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The GM is the one who said he wouldn't know the price till it arrives.... I did tell him I thought that was the agreement and that if I had known it wasn't a set price I could have easily given my business to one of the many dealerships honoring MSRP.

I agree. I'm all about the dealership getting their cut. I know there is overhead, employees, etc. but I brought them an early reservation with buildable specs. It's just a kick in the groin.

Once I get the price I will decide what level I want to escalate things to. I've been very professional with the dealership up to this point, so hoping for the best.
I like the old mob tactic... "sure would be a shame" if i drag your dealership through the mud.

bronco2drga

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
I like the old mob tactic... "sure would be a shame" if i drag your dealership through the mud.
Not to be arrogant, but I do business with a lot of very influential people around my area... it's a small world.

Reactions: law

Deleted member 23105

The GM knows the exact cost the moment it is spec'd out. Ford provides all of the costs, and the total price to the dealer, as well as the MSRP. This is a tactic to achieve a higher price, and quite unscrupulous. You are entitled to receive a firm price at the time you sign the order. Anything less is dishonestly.

When a customer came to me for an order, I spec'd out the vehicle and knew the price while he or she was sitting in front of me.

bronco2drga

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
The GM knows the exact cost the moment it is spec'd out. Ford provides all of the costs, and the total price to the dealer, as well as the MSRP. This is a tactic to achieve a higher price, and quite unscrupulous. You are entitled to receive a firm price at the time you sign the order. Anything less is dishonestly.

When a customer came to me for an order, I spec'd out the vehicle and knew the price while he or she was sitting in front of me.

That is basically what I said to this GM. I told him I would never have agreed to give them my reservation if I thought the price wasn't set in stone as MSRP. I didn't even try to haggle because I felt MSRP was fair all around.
Sponsored