Sponsored

What is the AMB camp doing with no white AND now no mod top at all?

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Let me first say, that IMO, AMB may be the worst color paired with a MIC top. Many guys wanted white mod tops. Then found out they couldnt get it, and settled on a black mod top (to either keep, or paint white). But now that's not an option either.

So for the early reservation holders looking at AMB, will you delay your car to take delivery with a mod top? Or take delivery with a MIC and wait for the mod top? Or potentially change color entirely?

I really dislike the idea of a MIC top with AMB, and im totally deflated. I even posted earlier today that my biggest concern was that we would find out during B&P that we couldnt get a mod top, since even with a black one, you could at least paint it white. Some guys were going to pay $1k to paint the $2k black top white. Now not even money can fix our current problem, only time. Incredibly frustrating.
Sponsored

Reactions: jxc

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
unless the bronco nation video changes my mind antimatter has been off my list for awhile

I will have a white top with or without fords permission

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You AMB guys are brave.. that color is so hard to figure out... it scares the hell out of me ...
Too close to black and I think black is the worse color on the Bronc
But what the hell do I know....

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
unless the bronco nation video changes my mind antimatter has been off my list for awhile

I will have a white top with or without fords permission
How? The MIC top painted white will look terrible. Are you going to bribe webasto to get a mod top?

Migs1313

Badlands
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco & Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm ordering a badlands and it comes with a black soft top so I'll keep AMB and order color matching top later

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

It's not "not available" it's just late availibilty. Heck, for all we know a white mod top might be a late availibilty option too.

THOMASO1371

Outer Banks
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Forte5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think any dark color with the MIC is going to look bad. It either needs to be color matched to the body or black.

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How? The MIC top painted white will look terrible. Are you going to bribe webasto to get a mod top?
if they dont offer a white modular top in the future i will just paint the black modular top

Im also going to harass mike levine every day on twitter so ford does offer a white top in the future (you are all welcome)

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No matter what color I pick (A51) I will still want a black top. I have an auto body guy, I'll get his expert opinion. I will do what I can to paint, wrap, whatever to make it black. If nothing works then I'll live with the mic gray. Not the end of the world for me.

Brokennose

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scout
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any auto body shop can fix these tops to any color you want at a minimal expense.

I think I've posted the Rustoleum pic in every thread bitching about the MIC tops. My top will be the color I want it to be. Yours can be too.

Ford Bronco What is the AMB camp doing with no white AND now no mod top at all? white-rust-oleum-stops-rust-general-purpose-spray-paint-7792830-64_1000

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
you would think Ford would wake up & smell the roses.....darken-up that puke grey MIC color. We are watching a 100-year old corporation crater before our very eyes

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Getting Rapid Red or Velocity Blue (VB may be late delivery so that might be out too) or maybe A51

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So how do we get a black mod top? Can i chose it as a secondary top when i order my OBX, to not hold up the delivery, cars delivered on time with a MIC, then ford is obligated to send the second top when it's ready? OR, must i chose a MIC, take delivery. Sale is final. Then I go from an early reservation guy to a random guy, and need to call Ford for 12 months until they are willing to sell me a top?

Cooknn

Badlands
First Name
David Cook
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

AMB will look fantastic on my Badlands with MIC Gray top, grill and optional wheels (Carbonized Gray with Gloss Black). Down the road, maybe I'll go white on these components. For now I'm ecstatic. And my simple configuration will hopefully fly through production. IMHO, the lighter the MIC top ends up being, the happier I am as this just creates more contrast with AMB.

Ford Bronco What is the AMB camp doing with no white AND now no mod top at all? IMG_2424

[EDIT] FWIW, my wife makes bank putting colors together for her clients and she loves this combination. I’ve tried to move her in other directions and I get the pouty face. She always pushes me back to AMB w/ Carbonized Gray.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Oh thank god. Lightning blue looks like it may be offered on OBX. If thats the case ill probably switch over to lighten up the color to take on a MIC top.
Sponsored