Sponsored

What is the best mudflap out there for the Bronco?

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These have been around for months. They are available on other sites for far less. And a set with non ford logos is now available for even less.
https://www.sharptruck.com/truck-ha...FNBTc6ZM1cWICGeCSPeeUJ5wpVIHxx8RoCzvUQAvD_BwE

https://www.sharptruck.com/truck-ha...ryA8otGfu-7_iy-fuKs9PfFssW_t91sxoC258QAvD_BwE
oh, finally. Still pricy but I just ordered a set for the front, really can't stand that rooster tail of crap up on the sides and rear fenders. Don't want the logos on there anyway, no need to draw extra attention to them, black will blend in nicely. Not getting the rear ones, don't tailgate me I guess. Not that there are many rocks on the roads here usually. If need be I might add some generic ones in the back someday.
Sponsored

Last edited:

WildTrak

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just saw this on Instagram

129BB212-8A5C-4948-8DE2-06B23AEAB00F_1_201_a.jpeg
A plain piece of rectangular plastic with a cheesy logo in the cornerā€¦. This is what we have to look forward to?

Wolfeman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A plain piece of rectangular plastic with a cheesy logo in the cornerā€¦. This is what we have to look forward to?
For what it's worth, you can get a black piece of plastic with a black logo so it doesn't quite stand out as much. I'm not big on advertising either. Hey, sometimes simple solutions are the best. I haven't seen it in person but their flaps get great reviews.

I'm not even really a flap guy but everyone complains so much about the rocks and mud thrown up that it has me at least considering it.

Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
If they're under $30, I could live with that.

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
oh, finally. Still pricy but I just ordered a set for the front, really can't stand that rooster tail of crap up on the sides and rear fenders. Don't want the logos on there anyway, no need to draw extra attention to them, black will blend in nicely. Not getting the rear ones, don't tailgate me I guess. Not that there are many rocks on the roads here usually. If need be I might add some generic ones in the back someday.
While I agree with you 100% that tailgaters are annoying af, those rocks can go pretty far. It would be pretty cool of you to still address the rear tires knowing how bad the stock tires are with throwing those rocks up.

I speak from experience how much it sucks chilling in the right lane when someone passes you on the left and a rock still manages to find your windshield.

Winni Made

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I added the Ford $50 set to the front and it has made a huge impact over the last few days of driving.
Do the $50 Ford ones just screw on? Wondering how easy they come off if needed for off-roading. My concern with the gator back design is the hard plastic still hangs below the rails and would get destroyed.

4avor8ntfair

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do the $50 Ford ones just screw on? Wondering how easy they come off if needed for off-roading. My concern with the gator back design is the hard plastic still hangs below the rails and would get destroyed.
the Ford ones seem to hang at least as low as the hard plastic part of the gatorbacks.

Sponsored

Winni Made

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As a follow up question, for those using their broncos for more aggressive off roading, are you just running with no mud flaps at all? Seems like having a quick-release system would be ideal.

Winni Made

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

the Ford ones seem to hang at least as low as the hard plastic part of the gatorbacks.
Agreed. That's why i was wondering about attachment and if they could be removed/reattached easily. From the install video I've seen, I don't think so.

DrSquatch

Big Bend
First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

There is actually only one screw and the rest of it is fastened on with their metal clamps or those plastic pins that hold on interior panels and stuff (I'm not sure what they are called).

The one thing I didn't like was that they want you to drill a hole into the plastic fender flare but I didn't do that because if I ever upgraded, I did want holes drilled in my flares. I didn't add those two fasteners and it has not seemed to make a difference. I have about 300 miles on them so far.

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
They go on and off with a couple of screws and a couple push pin lockers, and a couple of clips if you go that route.

IMG_9285.jpg

IMG_9286.jpg

IMG_9287.jpg

The_Phew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2.3L 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
$700+ for four rubber flaps? What do you think the profit margins are on those? 300%? 500%?

I'm sure someone will make a basic rubber flap set (with no logos!) that is compatible with the rock rails for <$100.
Sponsored