Sponsored

What is the best way (not cheapest way) to lift your Bronco?

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a Sasquatch on the eternal waiting list. I am Considering a few different options.

1) get aftermarket wheels with a reduced or 0 offset Combined with a true 35” tire. Will these rub? Admittedly this will be not be used as a hard core off roader like many of you.

2) Lifting the vehicle to fit the above scenario if needed or possibly going to 37’s. What all is needed (actual parts needed, recommended companies and vendors that supply) so that it will retain it’s near OEM ride and road manners. I am not concerned about the cost but would like to do this correctly 1 time. I realize the spacer route is cheap but appears to have drawbacks.

I tend to agree with the saying “cheap, “fast” / performance, reliable - pick 2”

Thanks for any assistance that you could provide.

Tag
Sponsored

OP
OP
MJJ

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
would appreciate any insight from others. Thanks

midwestpilot

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Equator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is something I’m also curious about. I’m currently planning a non-sas BL and would to go true 35s with stock wheels, possible 37s with an upgrade but I’ve never owned an off-roader, I have no idea how to do a lift and do not want to cause longevity issues or binding on the cvs. This thing WILL be on the trails constantly however, but hardcore rock climbing will be minimal. I do not want to ruin this vehicle but definitely want at least the 35s with the better articulation

Sponsored

Ipe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F350, Expedition, Defender, JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Best way? Patience

The early kits are going to be "good" but possibly (probably) not the best. The "best" may take a year or so to come, but they will come. Expect to spend a LOT on the kit and install. Good luck

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a Sasquatch on the eternal waiting list. I am Considering a few different options.

1) get aftermarket wheels with a reduced or 0 offset Combined with a true 35” tire. Will these rub? Admittedly this will be not be used as a hard core off roader like many of you.

2) Lifting the vehicle to fit the above scenario if needed or possibly going to 37’s. What all is needed (actual parts needed, recommended companies and vendors that supply) so that it will retain it’s near OEM ride and road manners. I am not concerned about the cost but would like to do this correctly 1 time. I realize the spacer route is cheap but appears to have drawbacks.

I tend to agree with the saying “cheap, “fast” / performance, reliable - pick 2”

Thanks for any assistance that you could provide.

Tag
To my knowledge, if you have a badlands you can throw 35s with no rub. Cuz of the different suspension. Any other trim, (besides FE and WT) you will rub. If I had known this I would have gotten a BL and not a BD. Alternatively for myself.. I have taken a liking to 4WP leveling kit (not so much the price)... Thus I will be waiting for a lil for more things to be released.

Edit: Stay away from rugged ridge.

IfIHMadeA2021Scout

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Tremor, IH Scout 80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Best way? Patience

The early kits are going to be "good" but possibly (probably) not the best. The "best" may take a year or so to come, but they will come. Expect to spend a LOT on the kit and install. Good luck
Agreed. Wait to see what develops.

To go big, I'll say it, I'm surprised no one did already. A straight axle swap. Laugh but good four link with pan hard kits with coil overs will hit the market soon and address a lot of the IFS wear and strength problems for Broncos that get wheeled hard.

Bronco_joe

Black Diamond
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Aftermarket Coilovers. Fox, king, 4wp, bilstein, old man emu. The market is going to explode with bronco parts. 4 wheel parts has a few videos explaining their lift with 37s.
Spacer's imo are stupid but for $200-$300 will get you some inches to add bigger tires

Sponsored

webspoke

Badlands
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450, GT350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’d wait for the first replacement coil springs to start showing up. The Sasquatch bilsteins are really good, all you need is a spring or spacer to pick up about 1-2” to clear 37’s . None of the aftermarket shocks so far have the top out/bottom out damping stiffening like the bilsteins or raptor bypass shocks.

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That lift you are wanting doesn't exist yet, but it will. Patience will pay off.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I’d wait for the first replacement coil springs to start showing up. The Sasquatch bilsteins are really good, all you need is a spring or spacer to pick up about 1-2” to clear 37’s . None of the aftermarket shocks so far have the top out/bottom out damping stiffening like the bilsteins or raptor bypass shocks.
Bilstein 8112's are the original end stop shocks the Broncos are based on.

https://www.bilstein.com/us/en/product/bilstein-b8-8112-zonecontrol-cr/

OP
OP
MJJ

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks for the feedback. I am waiting on a mod top so I have plenty of time.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Washers. Stack em. Weld em. Bolt em on!

But for real. Just move the coilover brackets higher up on the rear axle housing and relocate any other brackets necessary and extend the control arms and drop and beef their frame mounts. Probably tie them together left to right aswell. Then for the front just fabricate new tubular upper and lower control arms. Pretty straight forward. Should cost about $500 in steel and consumables and ride just like stock only a little higher.
Sponsored