Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Shelby GT350R, Chevy Tahoe PPV, 21' Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hi all,

So, my dealer (without my knowledge) changed my FE order with the dual top option to the single MIC hardtop. I'm not sure why but I recently received the scheduled build email and I don't want to upset the apple cart at this point.

That said, the salesman said I could simply order the soft-top separately. My question is what is the OEM soft-top? The vinyl or the twill? The twill, right?

Other than the materials being different, is there anything else I need to be aware of?

My next challenge is figuring out the dual top package factory price and then what the soft-top alone should cost vs. being ordered as an accessory.

Any insight will be appreciated. My 4dr FE is scheduled for a later October build.

Thank,

Mike
Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The dual top option was removed earlier this year, you should of received an email from Ford. If you wanted to keep the FE you had no option other than removing the dual top. The dealer did the right thing, but should of communicated with you about it.

The Ford soft top is garbage and not readily available as an accessory, they need them at the plant to keep cranking out Broncos. I would look into/wait for other options, Bestop has the fast back and I am unaware of others yet.

R11

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.basequatch.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The dual top option was removed earlier this year, you should of received an email from Ford. If you wanted to keep the FE you had no option other than removing the dual top. The dealer did the right thing, but should of communicated with you about it.

The Ford soft top is garbage and not readily available as an accessory, they need them at the plant to keep cranking out Broncos. I would look into/wait for other options, Bestop has the fast back and I am unaware of others yet.
"The Ford soft top is garbage" - pretty harsh no?

I have one, and so far I like it. (And yes, twill, not vinyl.)

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, my dealer (without my knowledge) changed my FE order with the dual top option to the single MIC hardtop. I'm not sure why but I recently received the scheduled build email and I don't want to upset the apple cart at this point.
Probably a good move not to make a big stink about it.

Ford themselves removed the dual-top option and the shadow black painted top option earlier this year—it wasn't your dealer. Both of those options were delayed until 2023, and your First Edition Bronco would no longer have been a First Edition Bronco if you had kept it.

And yes, the OEM soft top is a fabric material. Not sure if twill or not—it probably is, but I didn't look that closely at the stitching pattern. It's also, in my opinion, not ready for prime time. It's not a horrible soft top by any means, but there are some pretty glaring issues and it needs a few revisions.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

"The Ford soft top is garbage" - pretty harsh no?

I have one, and so far I like it. (And yes, twill, not vinyl.)
No, I think garbage is a pretty accurate description of my opinion on the OEM soft top. There will be much better options eventually, and cost less. It will do if you have to take it from the factory to get your Bronco, but I would never buy it as a second top for a FE. But thats me.

@BadKarma! Here is a link to the Bestop fast back soft top install on a FE. It looks much nicer than the Ford flappy top, but does not fold all the way down if that is important to you.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...stall-and-hardtop-removal-video-by-tfl.21969/

Sponsored

UberGadgetFreak

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE Bronco 22 FE Mav, 23 Mav Tremor, 03 Marauder
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hi all,

That said, the salesman said I could simply order the soft-top separately. My question is what is the OEM soft-top? The vinyl or the twill? The twill, right?

Other than the materials being different, is there anything else I need to be aware of?

My next challenge is figuring out the dual top package factory price and then what the soft-top alone should cost vs. being ordered as an accessory.

Any insight will be appreciated. My 4dr FE is scheduled for a later October build.

Thank,

Mike
As others noted, the dual top option was removed. As a First Edition order holder, you should have gotten this in e-mail on 3/25/2021 as noted below if your order originally had the dual-top option selected:

Ford Bronco What is the Ford OEM Soft Top? 1631714086753

Last edited:

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hi all,

Thank,

Mike
If you still wanted a FE your dealer did you a massive favor. It wouldn’t of been built if they would of left the dual top group on. I plan on getting the best top for mine as the factory one looks like shit.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am curious as to how much the OEM Soft Top is at the counter. They are trying to replace mine for the hardware paint issues (not roll bar) and I have no desire to waste the transport, materials, etc just because of that. BUT, I would like to be compensated on the value.

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I’ll take that kind of garbage all day long.

Tech Tim

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wait for the Bestop soft top to come out. It'll have a rear window that lifts up out of the way instead of the weird rear top prop thing.

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think one opinion that it's garbage flies in the face of most everyone else saying it's pretty great. Even better than Best top's at this point since theirs doesn't fold back or lift up. Granted, they're under some license restrictions for a time before they can kick out what they really are capable of. The OEM is a great top, and yes, twill.

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think one opinion that it's garbage flies in the face of most everyone else saying it's pretty great. Even better than Best top's at this point since theirs doesn't fold back or lift up. Granted, they're under some license restrictions for a time before they can kick out what they really are capable of. The OEM is a great top, and yes, twill.
Gotta love those polarized opinions right? I like the factory soft top, but really wish those side windows weren't sagging. I refuse to believe that went unnoticed and there must be a reason for that. Until the aftermarket has a top that goes completely down, or Ford finally makes hard tops available to order (and preferably the modular!), I'm sticking with it.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I refer to it as a POS and wife agrees. After seeing the bestop trektop in-person, get it and save yourself the headache.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gotta love those polarized opinions right? I like the factory soft top, but really wish those side windows weren't sagging. I refuse to believe that went unnoticed and there must be a reason for that.
It's so the rear can lift up

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I refer to it as a POS and wife agrees. After seeing the bestop trektop in-person, get it and save yourself the headache.
Because the rear doesn't lift off. I don't understand why folks can't get this. AND those rear windows can be tightened up a bit with some ingenuity. AND remember who makes them: Yeah, We Bastos..............
Sponsored