Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Because the rear doesn't lift off. I don't understand why folks can't get this. AND those rear windows can be tightened up a bit with some ingenuity. AND remember who makes them: Yeah, We Bastos..............
Folks get it, and don't like it. Not hard to understand.
Sponsored

Greens05

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, BMW 335xi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Because the rear doesn't lift off. I don't understand why folks can't get this. AND those rear windows can be tightened up a bit with some ingenuity. AND remember who makes them: Yeah, We Bastos..............
What kind of ingenuity are we talking about?

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What kind of ingenuity are we talking about?
A guy posted a vid of using a 'wire butt' or something like that, inserted (oh, this isn't going well) into the clips that tensioned it up and had no effect on lifting the rear....you have to wonder why adding a 10 cent adjustable clip wasn't feasible....

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Gotta love those polarized opinions right? I like the factory soft top, but really wish those side windows weren't sagging. I refuse to believe that went unnoticed and there must be a reason for that. Until the aftermarket has a top that goes completely down, or Ford finally makes hard tops available to order (and preferably the modular!), I'm sticking with it.
It's so the rear can lift up
Exactly! Let the haters hate. I folded the front portion back for the first time last Sunday and it was quick and quiet. We loved it and the way the rear lifts up is very useful. So the side windows are not drum tight, waaaaa.

rcloke0124

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-Door, Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No, I think garbage is a pretty accurate description of my opinion on the OEM soft top. There will be much better options eventually, and cost less. It will do if you have to take it from the factory to get your Bronco, but I would never buy it as a second top for a FE. But thats me.

@BadKarma! Here is a link to the Bestop fast back soft top install on a FE. It looks much nicer than the Ford flappy top, but does not fold all the way down if that is important to you.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...stall-and-hardtop-removal-video-by-tfl.21969/

I've watched the videos on the Trek top and I have serious issues with it.

First, it's ugly. Seriously ugly
Second, the war it fold ABOVE the rear seat area means it's now going to redirect wind and dirt into the vehicle. It's basically a sail.

Third, it's going to snag on every low hanging obstacle you run up on.

Since I do most if my off-road stuff in the Rockies, this is a major no go.

Sponsored

Koz44

Outer Banks
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Many of the 4 door wranglers have soft tops where the front section of the top folds back like the Bestop and also folds all the way back like the Ford OEM. As someone who drove their wrangler 100% of the time with the top flipped back (like the Bestop) for ~4 years I can tell you that I never experienced wind or dirt directed into the vehicle and I never once snagged it on anything.

We're never going to all agree on the looks of the Bestop or it's folding options. I haven't seen a Ford OEM 2 Door soft top option (I'm planning on buying the Bestop Twill soon). If the Ford 2 Door option has the same rear windows as the 4 door then I'd be a definite no. If that was the only option then I'd stick with my hard top.

Again - coming from the wrangler and knowing how basic the rear windows are and how simple the connection is to the Jeep it's baffling that Ford thought that was an acceptable look (to me). The Bronco is literally the only soft top/convertible out there with a crinkled side window. Apparently that allows the rear section to be lifted up? Is there other functionality that I'm missing?

I guarantee that if the windows were tight and sealed correctly and there was no option to lift the rear section, no one here would be complaining that the rear section could not be lifted. It would simply look like it's supposed to look.

RaceRedBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 door Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have had my soft top since June and love it. Cant say that the side windows bother me that much

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Do a YouTube search for TFL Bronco. This will obviously bring up all their Bronco related vids. Early on the rattle / popping was driving Dad nuts on their FE ($2 in shrink wrap?) so they installed an aftermarket softie they seem to like.

rcloke0124

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-Door, Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Many of the 4 door wranglers have soft tops where the front section of the top folds back like the Bestop and also folds all the way back like the Ford OEM. As someone who drove their wrangler 100% of the time with the top flipped back (like the Bestop) for ~4 years I can tell you that I never experienced wind or dirt directed into the vehicle and I never once snagged it on anything.

We're never going to all agree on the looks of the Bestop or it's folding options. I haven't seen a Ford OEM 2 Door soft top option (I'm planning on buying the Bestop Twill soon). If the Ford 2 Door option has the same rear windows as the 4 door then I'd be a definite no. If that was the only option then I'd stick with my hard top.

Again - coming from the wrangler and knowing how basic the rear windows are and how simple the connection is to the Jeep it's baffling that Ford thought that was an acceptable look (to me). The Bronco is literally the only soft top/convertible out there with a crinkled side window. Apparently that allows the rear section to be lifted up? Is there other functionality that I'm missing?

I guarantee that if the windows were tight and sealed correctly and there was no option to lift the rear section, no one here would be complaining that the rear section could not be lifted. It would simply look like it's supposed to look.
Great thread

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
The dual top option was removed earlier this year, you should of received an email from Ford. If you wanted to keep the FE you had no option other than removing the dual top. The dealer did the right thing, but should of communicated with you about it.

The Ford soft top is garbage and not readily available as an accessory, they need them at the plant to keep cranking out Broncos. I would look into/wait for other options, Bestop has the fast back and I am unaware of others yet.
I originally ordered MIC and switched to soft to get my Bronco sooner, which worked. I love the soft top definitely not garbage, surpassed my expectations. The part way sun rider position is awesome, give you almost full open air in 15 seconds. I like it well enough I put my plans on getting a hard top on hold for now.

Sponsored

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Gotta love those polarized opinions right? I like the factory soft top, but really wish those side windows weren't sagging. I refuse to believe that went unnoticed and there must be a reason for that. Until the aftermarket has a top that goes completely down, or Ford finally makes hard tops available to order (and preferably the modular!), I'm sticking with it.
The window wave is greatly exaggerated by light, an optical illusion. There is a little wave but it isn't much. I'm really liking the soft top, the sun rider position is awesome and gives almost full open air experience in about 15 seconds. Its not perfect, any retractable roof design is quite a challenge. I watched the videos of some of the aftermarket tops, and they don't look any better to me. I'll stay with OEM.

Koz44

Outer Banks
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’ve had the Bestop Trek Top on my 2dr for a month or so now so can update my response with direct experience. I’m running it as shown in the first pic as much as possible and can report zero issues with wind or dirt directed directly into the vehicle.

Zero issues with snagging. Haven’t snagged it on anything.

The top is incredibly well constructed and easy to use - to remove the sides and back window and to fold back. As shown below the Bronco feels very open with nothing blocking the rear view.

Big fan of the Trek Top here in NY.
Ford Bronco What is the Ford OEM Soft Top? 4289ED90-5F48-4C44-A485-5F16F1CB7169
Ford Bronco What is the Ford OEM Soft Top? D54BCA49-C9EC-4D57-A8B0-D048FFEA0000

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
No, I think garbage is a pretty accurate description of my opinion on the OEM soft top. There will be much better options eventually, and cost less. It will do if you have to take it from the factory to get your Bronco, but I would never buy it as a second top for a FE. But thats me.

@BadKarma! Here is a link to the Bestop fast back soft top install on a FE. It looks much nicer than the Ford flappy top, but does not fold all the way down if that is important to you.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...stall-and-hardtop-removal-video-by-tfl.21969/
Looks is always subjective bro. Do you even own a factory top? Don't you have a 2 door, there is no factory top on a 2 door. On a 4 door you have to fork over $4000 for an after market top that isn't any better, no thanks. Now that warm weather is here I'm putting my OEM top up and down everyday. Its a fantastic design and works great, very smooth and easy. I only use the sun-rider position as it gives nearly a full open air experience. Amazingly the top doesn't flop around in this position. Its fine to have an opinion, but to come on here and try to convince people who obviously like their top that its garbage, that is what mean by haters will hate.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have had my soft top since June and love it. Cant say that the side windows bother me that much
I love mine too, folding it back almost everyday now that warm weather has arrived. I originally wanted a MIC top and went with soft for the well known reason. I like the OEM soft top well enough I scratched getting a hard top off my list. What is it about this site that brings out the haters? I hope its not a "Bronco thing"?
Sponsored