Sponsored

What is the "Production" Process that begins on March 29th?

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

There are only about 4000 or so Ford dealerships in the U.S. If they all get 2 mannequins each, that should only take about 14 days, building them at the rate of 32 an hour.

I think they are designed to run more than that per hour, and my math is being very generous to allow time for new launch hiccups. On May 3rd, they should be pretty dang close to full production speed.
No, what I said is factual and not guessing. Dealers have received their build schedules, they go from early May to early June. One month to build ~ 7500 Broncos.
Sponsored

Spazsportz

Wildtrak
First Name
Christina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F-250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Again, this was probably overdone, but I said I would get back with you.

Fantastic description! Thanks for putting in layman's terms and breaking it down. Let the excitement begin!

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Turns out the “production” process that starts on March 29 is called diddly squat

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Units built after March 29 will not go to the crusher after their time in the sun.
From what I understand, official Job 1 for units to be sold to customers is on May 3rd. Units built in between CAN be sold to retail customers, but will be mannequins for the dealers that can eventually be sold to the public (I may be wrong on that though) , company leases for folks who's job title entitles them to such a nice perk, and other such vehicles than CAN officially be sold.

I don't know a lot about all the scheduling as far as when they start building what, but I do know we receive a broadcast from corporate that gives us the build order. And that system is set up ON a schedule, to broadcast the build schedule. So it all comes down to someone up north flipping the switch, or scheduling the scheduler.

The way the systems are set up now, its takes some effort to build out of the order we are sent. All major components arrive to the assembly line in the order of the build sequence.
For example: a unit with a rotation number of "0453" has been through body construction and paint. First thing that's done is the doors are removed (easier on Bronco than anything I've seen built!) and sent to a separate line for final assembly. Somewhere on the first line, they find out a welded in nut is missing and the unit has to be pulled off for repair (Most things are repaired as they go down the line, but some require off line repairs).
When that unit is removed from the sequence, we have to notify every final build area that we have a skip. Anything that goes onto the cab has to be pulled aside; the doors, instrument panel, grille, front facia, headlights, tail lights, and whole number of other things. The chassis will go ahead and get built and then put aside to wait for the cab. Opposite if something happens to the chassis. Pull the wheels, bumper, motor, transmission, and set the cab aside. If something happens to the doors, you build the rest and put them aside to be reinserted.

You get the idea, It's a real headache.

And one hiccup in the supply chain, we end up renting out all of the parking lots in the area, build what we can, then park them while they wait for wiper arms, console lids, or what ever it is we are waiting on.

I think that might have been way overdone as a reply, But it pains me to go back and delete it all. When I see/hear complaints about why this or why not that, it makes me chuckle and think "thats not the way world works", at least not here...LOL. Its a welcome change for someone to ask how the sausage is made.
yes. Living in Louisville we are used to random parking lots full of Ford heavy trucks and whatever LAP is producing.

BTW, just bought the wife a Navi. She’s pretty happy...
Sponsored