RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My local dealer finally got their mannequin (Wildtrack in Cactus Gray) so the wife and I went to check it out (no test drive allowed though :mad:). I was impressed overall. Yes, the gripes about the interior plastics (and some of the exterior plastics) are spot-on. Also the cargo area is shorter than I expected. Bummer. But what alarmed me the most was this debacle:

Ford Bronco What is this slop??? IMG_8593

That painted edge looks like my Pinewood Derby car when I was a Cub Scout and way too impatient with the spray paint can. I've owned plenty of vehicles with an uncovered bottom edge but none that looked like this. The picture doesn't even do it justice - it looks far worse than this in the flesh. I should have taken a closeup pic of it. It looks like it's melting. I hope this isn't normal for Ford? (I've never owned the brand.) Glad I'm getting the Black Diamond with the rock rails.
Sponsored

JMB

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All Fords
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not an issue.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My local dealer finally got their mannequin (Wildtrack in Cactus Gray) so the wife and I went to check it out (no test drive allowed though :mad:). I was impressed overall. Yes, the gripes about the interior plastics (and some of the exterior plastics) are spot-on. Also the cargo area is shorter than I expected. Bummer. But what alarmed me the most was this debacle:

That painted edge looks like my Pinewood Derby car when I was a Cub Scout and way too impatient with the spray paint can. I've owned plenty of vehicles with an uncovered bottom edge but none that looked like this. The picture doesn't even do it justice - it looks far worse than this in the flesh. I should have taken a closeup pic of it. It looks like it's melting. I hope this isn't normal for Ford? (I've never owned the brand.) Glad I'm getting the Black Diamond with the rock rails.
This has come up a few times. My 2008 Ranger looks exactly the same as this. So does my wife's 2021 4Runner. It's especially noticeable on the taller 4Runner which has no running boards or rails.

Take a look at other trucks.... You'll see something similar.

Hbass321

Outer Banks
First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I saw that on a dealer demo model and wondered what it was. I guess it’s not the only one. 😬

Sponsored

Hemisfear

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What, the seam...looks normal to me?

Dannyboy71

Badlands
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan pro4x
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well could be worse I guess. When I bought a brand new 95, there was no paint on the bottom of the doors! Dealer tried to fix it but that’s a whole other story

Hemisfear

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've never owned a Ford before either and I'm slowly but surely realizing why that is.
Don't let the door hit your behind on your way out! lol

Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
To be honest, the paint does not bother me. The pinch welds and mounting holes do however give it an unfinished appearance. Given these holes are already there, it would seem like a really easy place to put some piece of trimwork, maybe something that matched the plastic on the fenders. On the OBX, something to match the step. Hopefully the aftermarket will come up with something. Doesn't change my overall opinion in the least though, amazing truck.

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
mask off the pinch weld and spray paint it black (feel like i typed this already today)