Sponsored

What is your "ala carte" options wishlist?

bronchalen84

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm really hoping Ford surprises us with some Ala Carte options across all trims, or at least BB and up.... They would in fact squeeze a few extra grand out of me. (I know how packages work, but there are usually some things worth it to the manufacturer to make ala carte, and there are already a few ala carte options - bumpers, bash plates, aux switches, rear locker)

My personal wish list in no particular order...

Washout floors
Leather seats
heated seats
cooled seats (not even part of a package currently)
12'' Screen
33'' Sasquatch package -- maybe call it Sasquatch Jr., or Miss Sasquatch or the Chupacabra... (I don't care for the fake beadlocks/35s - not a deal breaker, but meh.) Another way to do this would be to make the front locker and upgraded HOSS ala carte items - but easier to just go with smaller wheels and tires.

I know Big Bend allows you to get the heated seats but that's the only part of that trim I want - and its like 5k above base.

Leather is not a huge deal to do after market so that's not a deal breaker. I'd put LED lights on the list too, but those will def be available after market.

Currently I'm pretty sold on the Base/MT/Sasquatch. I'm tempted by the BL, but I have no interest in the disco, the goat modes or the vinyl seats. So even though it would allow me to get essentially a "Miss Sasquatch" package, washout floors, heated seats, and a 12'' screen (with high upgrade) I'd be paying over 12k to essentially get cheaper wheels tires/a wash out floor/heated seats/12'' screen - Which I'm not going to do, but I would pay a few grand more. There are only two things on my list that would actually cost Ford more. (Not accounting for "one off" production costs, but it's also just a matter of grabbing parts from bin B instead of bin A.)

I await your comments about being picky, and ungrateful to the Ford Gods.
Is sound deadening possible for a soft top? A soft top sounds fun and I thinking I could add a hard top layer if needed, but I don’t want it to sound like an airliner on the highway. Can a soft top road noise be reduced? That is what I’d like if so..
Sponsored

mrklas

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda HRV
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I want to option out of all the goat modes. With a MT, and all the 4x4 features push button, I don't see the point of them. Maybe some throttle sensitivity.... but meh.
Person preference. There’s significant impact in use of tuning the engine, transmission, transfer case and each axle.

I’m not Ivan Stewart so I prefer to leverage the technology to the max.

gothavit

Outer Banks
First Name
jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm really hoping Ford surprises us with some Ala Carte options across all trims, or at least BB and up.... They would in fact squeeze a few extra grand out of me. (I know how packages work, but there are usually some things worth it to the manufacturer to make ala carte, and there are already a few ala carte options - bumpers, bash plates, aux switches, rear locker)

My personal wish list in no particular order...

Washout floors
Leather seats
heated seats
cooled seats (not even part of a package currently)
12'' Screen
33'' Sasquatch package -- maybe call it Sasquatch Jr., or Miss Sasquatch or the Chupacabra... (I don't care for the fake beadlocks/35s - not a deal breaker, but meh.) Another way to do this would be to make the front locker and upgraded HOSS ala carte items - but easier to just go with smaller wheels and tires.

I know Big Bend allows you to get the heated seats but that's the only part of that trim I want - and its like 5k above base.

Leather is not a huge deal to do after market so that's not a deal breaker. I'd put LED lights on the list too, but those will def be available after market.

Currently I'm pretty sold on the Base/MT/Sasquatch. I'm tempted by the BL, but I have no interest in the disco, the goat modes or the vinyl seats. So even though it would allow me to get essentially a "Miss Sasquatch" package, washout floors, heated seats, and a 12'' screen (with high upgrade) I'd be paying over 12k to essentially get cheaper wheels tires/a wash out floor/heated seats/12'' screen - Which I'm not going to do, but I would pay a few grand more. There are only two things on my list that would actually cost Ford more. (Not accounting for "one off" production costs, but it's also just a matter of grabbing parts from bin B instead of bin A.)

I await your comments about being picky, and ungrateful to the Ford Gods.
Remember the good old days there was no such thing as packages you could order what ever you wanted and did t need to take 10 other things you didn't want

Sponsored

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes!!! That's BS that the 2-door doesn't get a pull-out tailgate! I understand it would be shorter than the one on the 4-door, because the under floor space is about 6" less, but at least we wouldn't have to choose from the useless one mounted on the tailgate...
Haha For real. That tailgate mounted shelf looks like it could hold about one shoe.

Judd_Skin

Outer Banks
First Name
Judd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
White top
White fender flares/door handles
Leather seats
33" tires from factory
Ventilated seats

My Bronco will be my daily driver, but will be hunting/farm/cabin vehicle as well. I'm used to Country Club amenities and want it on my Bronc as well.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would take the Free Wheeling Squatch package.

4 door
35s
Lockers
high clearance susp.
7spd
2.7 ugh i mean 2.3 with performance pack
4A tcase
Modular hardtop, with bikini
polished aluminum grill
winch bumper and bash plates
onboard inverter
8 inch screen
washout floors
vinyl seats
Free Wheeling Graphics
Driving assist delete(as much as law allows)

Sponsored

Markubis

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Ford Ranger XLT, Can Am Ryker
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Would really like a "Cold Weather Package" that would get you heated seats and heated steering wheel. Right now the seats are in the mid package and the heated steering wheel is locked behind the Lux package...

Front and rear lockers would also be nice.

Also would like 33" tires from the factory (not just on the Badlands), although i can always do that aftermarket or have the dealer put some on so not that big a deal.
Add heated mirrors to this "Cold Weather Package". In the northeast, those are lifesavers.

Markubis

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Ford Ranger XLT, Can Am Ryker
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Haha For real. That tailgate mounted shelf looks like it could hold about one shoe.

I like the drop down shelf. Its perfect for holding my mountain biking shoes, helmet, camelback and whatever else I need to put on or take off for mountain biking.

Rcarpen22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My realistic wish is cold weather package. My pipe dream wish is to be able to get the same $800 package with adaptive cruise al a carte that you can get on the Bronco Sport. Not holding my breath though. I will say, a LOT of people on this thread want cold weather package. Are they still listening? Is there a petition for that? Or could you get the aux switches, wait until someone crashes a luxe, then grab the seats and wheel and power them from an aux switch?

broncoskip

Outer Banks
First Name
Broncoskip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford should have put out three models based on Lift.

Short Stack (Base) 2.7l option​
Weekender (33s) 2.7l option​
Tall Boy (35s) 2.7l standard​

Then, we get exterior option packages

Street and turf - All body color painted top and accents.​
Crawl Daddy - Unfinished plastic hard top and accents​
Retro - Choice of White or Gray or Tan hard top and accents​

Then, interior

Fair weather - Leather seats​
Desert life - Tan marine grade​
Nautical - Navy Marine Grade​
Stone - Dark Gray Marine Grade​
Firehouse - Red marine grade​
Just the seats - Cloth​

Then equipment groups:

HOSS (requires Automatic)​
What rock? (Steel bumpers and crush guards)​
4WD means 4 wheels (lockers all around)​
Mud tires are too loud - B&O sound System​
iCommute - Driver assistance package​
Baby it's Cold - Heated all the things package, plus electric adjusting seats.​
I'm not lost, I have GPS - The bigger screen in the dash and Navigation​
Ford can have their standard packages, but instead of ordering a Badlands or Outerbanks, we should be able to get a "Bronco Custom" Because I don't see why i need leather seats if I want a subwoofer.

N3T

Big Bend
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 e320 wagon
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Is sound deadening possible for a soft top? A soft top sounds fun and I thinking I could add a hard top layer if needed, but I don’t want it to sound like an airliner on the highway. Can a soft top road noise be reduced? That is what I’d like if so..
I believe you have to get the more expensive hard top to get the option for sound deadening.
Sponsored