Sponsored

What keeps you buying Fords year after year?

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

There have been a number of posts that say something like, "We are a Ford family, Ford is all we buy, they had an Explorer, Flex, Escape, etc. so that is what we bought". There are other posts that go something like "I'm a Ford guy but they have to convince me about the Bronco before I buy it". It goes without saying many forum members are lifelong Ford loyalists who bleed Ford blue, others are Bronco fans, others are simply fans of buying whatever suits their needs at the time, simple transportation, sports car, truck, family hauler or fun-mobile.

For me, I like choices, so I'm not brand loyal, I buy what I like at the time that suits my needs, I have owned Chevrolet, Toyota, Ford, Mercury, Pontiac, Buick, Honda, Kia, Subaru and Fiat, so you see I find the right vehicle at the right time, regardless of brand. Digging into Ford brand loyalty, product quality, etc. I found the below JDPower chart interesting that shows Ford is near the top of brand loyalty at 54%.

So of the 200,000 Bronco's & Bronco Sports Ford hopes to sell in the first year, 54% (108,000) will go to Ford loyalists and the 46% (92,000) Ford hopes to sell to everyone else. So now the question to the forum members, What keeps you buying Fords year after year? Once the other 92,000 of us understand this it will help us understand the reasons to buy the Bronco. This is not about the classic Ford vs Chevy battle, this is about sound, logical and techincal reasons for why you like buying Ford.

https://www.jdpower.com/business/press-releases/2019-us-automotive-brand-loyalty-study
https://www.usatoday.com/story/mone...ar-brands-with-most-loyal-customers/39925835/
173b.jpg
Sponsored

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Apparently I'm at the top of the list. I've had 3 Subaru's and 3 Toyota's. 2 Fords, 2 Mitsubishi, 1 Lincoln, 1 Chevy, 1 Pontiac, 1 Datsun.

But I wouldn't go as far to say that I'm brand loyal to anything. I have specific cars I like between brands while thinking most of what they offer are horrific trash.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
a) GM and dodge are right out.
b) toyotas are reliable, and boring. I have one
c) I have some yamaha bikes....
d) I've had a hyundai, and it was falling apart before 20k miles.

The camaro sucks, the challenger is ok. noone else but ford has anything comparable.
F150 > GM 1500 (and it is not even fuglier), dodge is fugly
F250 and Ram 2500 have SFA, GM does not... I actually don't have an issue with the 2500 as far as trucks go, but ownership and the 2008 bailout were in poor tastes.
Only the Jeep compares to the Bronco, and Jeep is gutless and unreliable.

So, for the types of vehicles I like, full size work trucks, off road toys, and V8 muscle, it is Ford all the way for new. For older stuff, there are some options.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They are very reliable (except my 2003 F250 diesel...EGR, anyone?) and I haven't found a more comfortable interior yet. Ford knows how to design a good truck.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They are very reliable (except my 2003 F250 diesel...EGR, anyone?) and I haven't found a more comfortable interior yet. Ford knows how to design a good truck.
my 6.0 is a pos. it is going up for sale. today was the first time I've been able to drive it in over 6 months. made it halfway to work and had to turn around to bring it back home and take the other truck. my oil temps where jumping all over the place, and seeing as how we just rebuilt the entire high pressure oil system, I wasn't getting onto the interstate with it acting up even if it is most likely just a sensor. jumping as in shooting up 10 degrees then dropping 20 within seconds. 40 degree diff between coolant and oil....

she is going up for sale as soon as I get things reliable enough for a test drive to work.

Sponsored

eBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Mr. C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mariner, 2016 CMAX, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford makes the best trucks, even including any of the Japanese brands. My Mariner have 271K miles on it.

Do I need to say more?

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've owned 12 starting in 93. I used to be a Mopar guy and then I bought a Lightning. That changed everything. I've never had any major issues with any of them, so don't see myself buying anything other than a Ford or Lincoln.

CSSM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 XV Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Loyalty is irrational. I buy what makes the most sense for my lifestyle and finances.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So I'm a guy that bleeds Ford blue. Why ??? Here is a couple of examples ........

When Ford built a small block V-8 the distributor is in the front from the start ........ flash forward to modern day NASCAR engines (namely Chevy R07) built a new version of the tried and true SBC that had been around since the 60's what did they do put the distributor in the front why?? @ 9000 RPM the cam will twist and throw the timing off when it is in the back. Two exhaust ports side by side ....... hhhmmm .......... that makes sense :ROFLMAO: lets create a hot spot that cracks the cylinder head or blows the head gasket between them.Gee I wonder they the don't do that anymore ????

Lets look back the mid 80's Ford decided to build a Mean, Evil, Nasty Little Mind Twister called ............ The FOX BODY MUSTANG !!!! IMO it brought back the muscle car !!!!! look how much competition there is today. PERIOD.

I asked a local engine builder that builds some nasty dirt track motors. If you build a SBC and a SBF using the same specs, CID, cam size, carb, intake, etc. which makes more power ??

His response ........ "That's easy !! It's the Ford".

All manufactures have their downfalls but I feel Ford puts more of an effort into putting a quality product out there not just put something out to keep up with the "jones's " or just to make a $$$.

Edit: I forgot to add earlier that the only reason I have a TJ is because Ford did not make an off-road toy back then. This will be solved come 2021.?

Last edited:

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I'm a guy that bleeds Ford blue. Why ??? Here is a couple of examples ........

When Ford built a small block V-8 the distributor is in the front from the start ........ flash forward to modern day NASCAR engines (namely Chevy R07) built a new version of the tried and true SBC that had been around since the 60's what did they do put the distributor in the front why?? @ 9000 RPM the cam will twist and throw the timing off when it is in the back. Two exhaust ports side by side ....... hhhmmm .......... that makes sense :ROFLMAO: lets create a hot spot that cracks the cylinder head or blows the head gasket between them.Gee I wonder they the don't do that anymore ????

Lets look back the mid 80's Ford decided to build a Mean, Evil, Nasty Little Mind Twister called ............ The FOX BODY MUSTANG !!!! IMO it brought back the muscle car !!!!! look how much competition there is today. PERIOD.

I asked a local engine builder that builds some nasty dirt track motors. If you build a SBC and a SBF using the same specs, CID, cam size, carb, intake, etc. which makes more power ??

All manufactures have their downfalls but I feel Ford puts more of an effort into putting a quality product out there not just put something out to keep up with the "jones's " or just to make a $$$.
yup, only reason people run the chevvies are cause they are so much cheaper. The 351C absolutely destroys a similiarly build 350 SBC. But costs twice as much because chevrolet built the same block for 30 years, only good thing they've done in decades.

Sponsored

Deleted member 3063

I've been buying new Fords since my 1970 Mach 1, yep I've been around. I average 5 years ownership with my current Raptor 10 years. In all that time I can count warranty claims on one hand. Two bad batteries and three trim related.
Why in the world would I buy anything else?

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
1 American brand. Keep American money in America.
(Even tho I have a Honda because Dodge didn’t have a Sedan, Focus is a pile of recalls and Chevy is ew)

2 FUN! Fords definitely have a good smiles per mile ratio. At any price range. It’s one thing Honda does well to. Vs say Nissan and Toyota and Chevy.

3 win on the track Sunday - win at the dealership Monday. Ford racing everything! Ford has more racing teams and champions than ANY manufacturer.

4 I have a large number of family and friends that are parts suppliers. They make parts for everything now, but 20 years ago it was all big 3.

5 lastly. PATHER BODY!

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
But most importantly ford has the most Cool cars! Now and all time.
Just in the past 20 years Ford has had a BOAT LOAD. Of cool cars that aren’t just sticker packages... looking at you Toyota and GM!

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Edit: I forgot to add earlier that the only reason I have a TJ is because Ford did not make an off-road toy bank then. This will be solved come 2021.?
Dint forget Ford has always ran their small block against others of more size. 289 vs 327, 351 vs 400, 351 vs 454, 5.0 vs 5.7, 4.6 vs 5.3, 5.7, 5.4 vs 6.0. They have always matched or done more with less. And yeas a freaking distibutor on the rear! The the 55 chevy supposed to be mid-engined? They also have yet to be bailed out or bought. Fastest Nascar lap ever was in a Tbird driven by my childhood hero Awesome Bill from Dawsonville. Without the Gt350s success, trans am might not have happened the way it did. Not to mention. The fact that i was almost born in one that later went on to put 330000 miles on it before i totalled it. Then totalled it took me another 3000 across the country with minor roadside repairs.

Basically Fords as a whole are the finest things on the road.
Sponsored