Sponsored

What keeps you buying Fords year after year?

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Dint forget Ford has always ran their small block against others of more size. 289 vs 327, 351 vs 400, 351 vs 454, 5.0 vs 5.7, 4.6 vs 5.3, 5.7, 5.4 vs 6.0. They have always matched or done more with less. And yeas a freaking distibutor on the rear! The the 55 chevy supposed to be mid-engined? They also have yet to be bailed out or bought. Fastest Nascar lap ever was in a Tbird driven by my childhood hero Awesome Bill from Dawsonville. Without the Gt350s success, trans am might not have happened the way it did. Not to mention. The fact that i was almost born in one that later went on to put 330000 miles on it before i totalled it. Then totalled it took me another 3000 across the country with minor roadside repairs.

Basically Fords as a whole are the finest things on the road.
You forgot
who holds the Texas Standing mile record??? FORD GT 5.4 TWIN TURBO BABY! 300+MPH
Donā€™t see any LS or Hemis doing that.
Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
yup, only reason people run the chevvies are cause they are so much cheaper. The 351C absolutely destroys a similiarly build 350 SBC. But costs twice as much because chevrolet built the same block for 30 years, only good thing they've done in decades.
I think the 351w beat the 350s in similar and are only 5 to 10% more expensive. The clevelands can make short work of the smaller gm big blocks. Bbc dont even compare to the capability of bbf. There was a good block analysis on em both a while back. The ford go go something like 50 to 75 ci bigger with the same reliability and can make ludicrous power.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ohh yeah and the saleen s7 is a 20 year old car and still in the top 3 on speed with ford "workhorse" engine.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Dint forget Ford has always ran their small block against others of more size. 289 vs 327, 351 vs 400, 351 vs 454, 5.0 vs 5.7, 4.6 vs 5.3, 5.7, 5.4 vs 6.0. They have always matched or done more with less. And yeas a freaking distibutor on the rear! The the 55 chevy supposed to be mid-engined? They also have yet to be bailed out or bought. Fastest Nascar lap ever was in a Tbird driven by my childhood hero Awesome Bill from Dawsonville. Without the Gt350s success, trans am might not have happened the way it did. Not to mention. The fact that i was almost born in one that later went on to put 330000 miles on it before i totalled it. Then totalled it took me another 3000 across the country with minor roadside repairs.

Basically Fords as a whole are the finest things on the road.
Thanks for reminding me maverick. I totally forgot about the bail out thing. (y) (y)

evoaire

First Edition
First Name
Evoaire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
maybe a bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Thanks for reminding me maverick. I totally forgot about the bail out thing. (y) (y)
This is the second bail out ford walked away from. First time was around the depression era.

Sponsored

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I donā€™t buy Fords but my family always did.... 77 Tbird, LTDs, Tauruses, Fusion. I buy Subarus, Nissans, Toyotaā€™s mostly but not for any particular reason. Japanese quality and reliability has always been pretty good and Iā€™ve had cars that I literally did nothing but replace tires. Nothing broke. Mostly I bought cars for specific model .. Subaru STi, Nissan 350z. but wouldnā€™t buy other models from that Brand. I wouldnā€™t buy any Subaru except the STi. I would not buy a Nissan other than a Z car or GTR. I would only buy a Ford Bronco. Its a specific vehicle and Iā€™m an enthusiast and it meets specific needs...removable top, doors, manual transmission, 4x4. Iā€™m a fan of newer Mustangs too.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll add, I've only ever bought 1 new vehicle, that was 18 years ago. I still have it, even though it is headed to a scrap yard soon.

And yet I am so dang pleased with Ford's current offerings I hope to buy 3 within the next 3-4 years.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I donā€™t buy Fords but my family always did.... 77 Tbird, LTDs, Tauruses, Fusion. I buy Subarus, Nissans, Toyotaā€™s mostly but not for any particular reason. Japanese quality and reliability has always been pretty good and Iā€™ve had cars that I literally did nothing but replace tires. Nothing broke. Mostly I bought cars for specific model .. Subaru STi, Nissan 350z. but wouldnā€™t buy other models from that Brand. I wouldnā€™t buy any Subaru except the STi. I would not buy a Nissan other than a Z car or GTR. I would only buy a Ford Bronco. Its a specific vehicle and Iā€™m an enthusiast and it meets specific needs...removable top, doors, manual transmission, 4x4. Iā€™m a fan of newer Mustangs too.
That makes sense companies always put a lil more quality into their halo cars.

Deadfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F350, 2007 HD Road King, 2013 370Z
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My first car was a 1981 Chevy Luv... super fun. Then 1984 Bronco II, my favorite vehicle of all time... After that it gets a little fuzzy. '91 Ranger, '94 Explorer, '96 Explorer, '99 Grand Cherokee, 2001 Expedition, '04 Excursion, '05 Caddy Escalade, '06 F350, '09 Escalade, '13 Nissan 370Z, '20 JL Rubicon... and I'm probably missing a few. While I've had several brands, Fords have always held a special place in my heart. I learned to drive on a '79 F150 4-speed manual, and 1st gear was only a crawler. Grew up in a car family... my dad loved Fords, Vettes, and Caddy's. He still has a '57 T-bird which I'm going to be restoring

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
h
here we go, replacing a roof, but most of my Fords are in one pic. 2 250s, 1 150, bronco, 57 Ford tractor. I have a mach 1 behind those double doors. and the trim will be Ford grabber blue.

Ford Bronco What keeps you buying Fords year after year? 1592718138992

Sponsored
OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Thank you everyone for the feedback so far. I get American, no bailout and race cars, but that does not come to the top of my list when selecting a vehicle. Maybe to the "Ford only" people that seems irrational, but regardless of brand, when shopping for a vehicle, these are my key criteria:

1) Leg, Knee and Head room
2) Style and Functionality
3) Quality and Reliability

I like going to the larger annual auto shows where I can sit in every brand and model to see what the comfort level is for me. I even remember looking at the Fusion and Explorer a few years ago, sitting in them multiple times as I did like Ford, but they just were not comfortable to me. Last time we ending up buying a 2017 Kia Sorento for me, as is has good legroom and a great minimalist center console that does not cut into my knee. It also had a 5,000 lb tow capacity with AWD to tow my boat up slick boat ramps. For my wife we bought a Subaru Forester 2.0XT Touring, it was comfortable for me, great legroom and my wife loved the smaller size and ease of driving it.

So, I'm hoping the Bronco will tick all my boxes when I finally see it in person.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
One of my top 3 favorite vehicles I ever had was my V8 CJ5. Not a ford obviously but I have had 3 CJ7s and that one CJ5.

1 it had no knew, head, or legroom.
2 its body was beat up wherever it wasnt rusted
3 it was basically scrapped up of the production floors of Ford, GM, and Chrysler and that was before I put a giant wagonneer leaf springs and a ford 9" in it.

But behind my ludicrously fast for drum brakes maverick, and my tragically burned down custom econoline, it would tie my 1980 eagle for 3rd place in my favorites list.

What im saying is that there are people who buy cars practically and ones who buy them emotionally. I am a member of the latter.

Chadillac

Base
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Mustangs are what keep me buying Fords. Their trucks are great too but Iā€™d look elsewhere for anything in between.

csj

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Tacoma OR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm not sure why anyone has any "loyalty" to any particular vehicle manufacturer, unless you or your family works for the company, or maybe they have a major factory in your town. (?)
If I had a favorite vehicle manufacturer, it wouldn't be Ford, they're #14 out of 20 non-luxury vehicle manufacturers in the 2019 JD Power US Customer Service Index.
The only good news for Ford is they're not as bad as Jeep or Ram.

evoaire

First Edition
First Name
Evoaire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
maybe a bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'm not sure why anyone has any "loyalty" to any particular vehicle manufacturer, unless you or your family works for the company, or maybe they have a major factory in your town. (?)
If I had a favorite vehicle manufacturer, it wouldn't be Ford, they're #14 out of 20 non-luxury vehicle manufacturers in the 2019 JD Power US Customer Service Index.
The only good news for Ford is they're not as bad as Jeep or Ram.
Same reasons I only by Carrier AC product. When a company does it right, does what you like, you buy it. Hope that helps ya out. Itā€™s not difficult, then again, maybe I just like blue ovals. O then thereā€™s First On Race Day. Then thereā€™s a very entertaining documentary detailing how Ford kicked Farrariā€™s arss at LeMons. Letā€™s not forget the model T and the ensemble line. Last but not least, they donā€™t need to ask for money from tax payers to prompt their business. Nothing chaps me more then a failing ā€œbusinessā€ needing my money to pay for over priced executives. To big to fail? Itā€™s called the Capitalistic Market Place. The market will take care of itself, correct itself, and survive itself, so long as the progressive doogooders stay out of its way. FORD, ITS WHAT DRIVES ME.
Sponsored