Sponsored

What kind of deal would you ask for if buying a dealer loaner Bronco?

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If a dealer has a mannequin they’re using as a loaner until it can sell in January, and they’re wiling to take a deposit on it, what kind of deal would you ask for? It’s going to have some miles on it by January and will technically be used. How close to MSRP would you offer or expect?
Sponsored

WildTrak

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What kind of offer would you put on a future girlfriend/wife that was treated the same way as the mannequin Broncos?

Ford Bronco What kind of deal would you ask for if buying a dealer loaner Bronco? 1630106435806

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

jaws72

Big Bend
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport & '08Ford F-150 FX2
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’m more concerned that the employees would beat the crap out of it than customers.

I would say drop the price $15K, give me extended warranty for all the abuse it took, remove all the dealer added accessories I don’t want, all rebates and incentives; then I would consider it.

Sponsored

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
If a dealer has a mannequin they’re using as a loaner until it can sell in January, and they’re wiling to take a deposit on it, what kind of deal would you ask for? It’s going to have some miles on it by January and will technically be used. How close to MSRP would you offer or expect?
My local stealerships pre sold their mannequins for $10000 over sticker. Good luck.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think each case is unique and to know your market. If the loaner is getting driven hard and put away wet, then hard pass unless it is a unicorn build - 2-dr Rapid Red or AMB build. But not all dealerships are tossing the keys to anyone off the street. Some have a nanny sales staff that accompany the driver and take them on a set route. In which case, the Bronco may have the gentlest of break-in miles.

I have placed a deposit on a WT demo and I have the deal that it will be no more than MSRP, but it may be lower depending on accrued mileage. I'm alright with the deal as this WT has been given the Nanny Test Drive treatment. I'll check it out when it does come up for sale, and if it doesn't pass muster, I just get my deposit back- an easy $500 to secure dibs.

OP
OP
Snowdogyyz

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think each case is unique and to know your market. If the loaner is getting driven hard and put away wet, then hard pass unless it is a unicorn build - 2-dr Rapid Red or AMB build. But not all dealerships are tossing the keys to anyone off the street. Some have a nanny sales staff that accompany the driver and take them on a set route. In which case, the Bronco may have the gentlest of break-in miles.

I have placed a deposit on a WT demo and I have the deal that it will be no more than MSRP, but it may be lower depending on accrued mileage. I'm alright with the deal as this WT has been given the Nanny Test Drive treatment. I'll check it out when it does come up for sale, and if it doesn't pass muster, I just get my deposit back- an easy $500 to secure dibs.
This is what I’m thinking. They’ve had it a month or so. It has 300 miles on it. I told him upfront I would not pay MSRP for it due to accrued mileage. I figure $500-1000 refundable deposit and see where it’s at in January. It’s a soft top WT.

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I’m more concerned that the employees would beat the crap out of it than customers.

I would say drop the price $15K, give me extended warranty for all the abuse it took, remove all the dealer added accessories I don’t want, all rebates and incentives; then I would consider it.
"rebates and incentives" LOL

OP
OP
Snowdogyyz

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

He also said the warranty would be full coverage at that accrued mileage- like it was on zero miles.

Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It will both be technically and actually titled as brand new with a full warranty beyond any miles on it. Folks will still be paying premium prices when it can be sold. I would negotiate the price now and put a cap on the miles they can put on it.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is what I’m thinking. They’ve had it a month or so. It has 300 miles on it. I told him upfront I would not pay MSRP for it due to accrued mileage. I figure $500-1000 refundable deposit and see where it’s at in January. It’s a soft top WT.
It’s a soft top WT.
Holy fuck ! That rig has already been searched out and speculators are going to bid the hell out of it.
RARE!!! Someday, that thing will be worth a fortune.

SuperFord

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Technically used? That's gonna be beat to hell by then!
Why would it be beat to hell?

What kind of offer would you put on a future girlfriend/wife that was treated the same way as the mannequin Broncos?
who is mistreating mannequin Bronco’s? I don’t doubt it could happen, but I suspect MOST of them are receiving short test drives in town a couple miles or less at a time. My local dealer just has theirs on display in the showroom for folks to look at. No abuse whatsoever.

LOL, some of you guys are a riot. I hope this was supposed to be sarcasm or humor. If not I must be missing something? You wouldn’t have a chance to “consider it” because no one in their right mind would remotely consider entertaining your ridiculous offer when others are happy and willing to pay thousands OVER MSRP.

SuperFord

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Sorry to say, but it’ll most likely be in someone else’s driveway who didn’t mind paying MSRP or more.

also, honest question: what is the point of a deposit if it is refundable? It would seem to secure absolutely nothing.

Last edited:

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If it was literally the exact build I wanted and did nothing but sit in a showroom, then I'd personally be willing to pay ~$5000 above MSRP.

If it was driven or was anything other than what I wanted... hard pass.
Sponsored