Sponsored

What kinds of shocks or suspension are on base or lower trims?

andi

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
-
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

• Banned
I know wildtrak and any trims with sasquatch have, a "high-clearance suspension and "Bilstein shocks
but with the base trim and big bend, for example, are they just regular ford shocks like from the ranger or what, im no expert in off road mods and upgrades
Sponsored

Bauer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Google is your friend:

https://www.ford.com/cmslibs/conten...crossovers/bronco/pdf/21_Bronco_lineup_HR.pdf

Looks like most trims have Ford's "HOSS" marketing suspension standard. The sasquatch package is the same thing with a lift for larger tires. The Bilsteins are there because you have less travel with a larger wheel.

https://www.musclecarsandtrucks.com/ford-bronco-suspension-has-roots-in-f-series-super-duty-trucks/

https://www.autoblog.com/2020/07/13/2021-ford-bronco-suspension/

You can only get the sway bar disconnect with the Badlands.

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I know wildtrak and any trims with sasquatch have, a "high-clearance suspension and "Bilstein shocks
but with the base trim and big bend, for example, are they just regular ford shocks like from the ranger or what, im no expert in off road mods and upgrades
The Badlands suspension is special to the BL.
The Squatch suspension is the high clearance suspension and is said to have a stiffer coil spring and a longer shock to give it approx 1” more lift over the BL suspension.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

None of the links above really give you much when it comes to what the bread and butter suspension is. I'm guessing the stock HOSS suspension will have cheaper noname shocks/struts and basic everything else. All of these breakdowns on the suspension have been on badlands and sasquach because those are what gets the eyeballs reading. Who knows what the basic HOSS suspension will be like, but it should be ok. It's another one of the reasons i can't decide between sasquach (to get the better suspension even though i don't need it) or just the basic one on the BD and upgrade it later if it stinks.

Blazem

First Name
Blaze
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
None of the links above really give you much when it comes to what the bread and butter suspension is. I'm guessing the stock HOSS suspension will have cheaper noname shocks/struts and basic everything else. All of these breakdowns on the suspension have been on badlands and sasquach because those are what gets the eyeballs reading. Who knows what the basic HOSS suspension will be like, but it should be ok. It's another one of the reasons i can't decide between sasquach (to get the better suspension even though i don't need it) or just the basic one on the BD and upgrade it later if it stinks.
Note that Sasquach will also add a front locking differential to the BD which can come in handy in rocky and off camber terrain if that pertains 2 u.

Sponsored

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
The base suspension also has a smaller front differential.

Jeep does the same thing with a dana 30 front differential in the lower trims but a dana 44 in the more off road aimed version.

Getting the bigger dana 44 mostly really matters if you're running big tires or plan on really going off-road.

The base shocks would be easy to upgrade later but it could be much more difficult to change out the differential and related components, different cv axles ect..

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I took 2 short video of FRONT AND REAR shocks on a standard 4dr OBX. I'll try to attach here, and someone may know what these are.

Attachments

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nothing pertinent to add, but....
This is probably one of those things where there are only a few places that make them in OE quantity and quality.
I'll throw KYB out there as an example. They make a pretty darn good shock/strut for OE manufacturers....and they also have a bit of an aftermarket performance reputation also.
Sponsored