Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Price.
I originally ordered a 2dr BaseBase with the 2.3 & aux switches, but later test drove a 2dr wildtrack which led me to adding the SAS package and the 2.7 lol. Luckily I got a promotion at work and will be able to afford it when I get mine in a few months lol
Sponsored

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
4Dr BASE - Sasquatch 2.7L MIC

Wanted: Mechanicals, i.e. Diff Lockers, suspension, engine power, ground clearance

Don't care about: Extras, i.e. bigger screen, heated seats, seat materials, etc

Base Sasquatch 2.7L has all the power and off-road capabilities available on any trim at a far lower price. I could afford higher trims, but like getting a deal. BaseSquatch is by far the best Bronco deal Ford offers. Base is plenty loaded for me - power windows & locks, removable top & doors, cold A/C, LED headlights, nice screen, charging ports, rear camera, cruise, info screen, etc.

It's already clear that the secondary market wants and pays for Sasquatch, hardtop & big engine. Trim add-ons make Ford money at the expense of the customer.

KPLOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

With so many different combinations of Bronco, what made you pick the one you did to order? For example, I really wanted to order a Wildtrack but do not care for the interior tu-tone leather and don't want cloth. I went with the Badlands SAS because I wanted the marine vinyl seats and my wife likes the orange trim (she went to Oklahoma State). I like solid interiors so I like the all black of the Badlands SAS with the high package. I intend to lift it and put wheels and 37's on it but that is me. The HOSS 3.0 would have been sweet but can't get it on the Badlands which is weird (unless they have changed something)? It still puzzles me why you can get some things on some models but not on the others. What made some of you get a Black Diamond or Big Bend or even a Base? Was it that you just wanted a Bronco or just a base because you intend to get crazy with it and make it a crawler (not mall crawler lol) or what? I of course as some of you know am a service manager at a Ford store so I see all sorts of different combos.

If it has been asked already I apologize but just curious as to what made you build what you built from the factory?
OBX for the roast interior and SAS. I would have preferred the Wikdtrak but I was overruled in favor of the OBX roast

AGM Everglades

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5 early broncos, AGM Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Add the ford performance tune and you are back up to the 2.7 engine performance
That’s the plan. We’ll see how she does with the 37’s (or 38’s).

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2 door, and Manual transmission was job No. 1 then it was as much chassis stuff as I could get without having to get SAS, and I wanted the mid package with MGV seats

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
With so many different combinations of Bronco, what made you pick the one you did to order? For example, I really wanted to order a Wildtrack but do not care for the interior tu-tone leather and don't want cloth. I went with the Badlands SAS because I wanted the marine vinyl seats and my wife likes the orange trim (she went to Oklahoma State). I like solid interiors so I like the all black of the Badlands SAS with the high package. I intend to lift it and put wheels and 37's on it but that is me. The HOSS 3.0 would have been sweet but can't get it on the Badlands which is weird (unless they have changed something)? It still puzzles me why you can get some things on some models but not on the others. What made some of you get a Black Diamond or Big Bend or even a Base? Was it that you just wanted a Bronco or just a base because you intend to get crazy with it and make it a crawler (not mall crawler lol) or what? I of course as some of you know am a service manager at a Ford store so I see all sorts of different combos.

If it has been asked already I apologize but just curious as to what made you build what you built from the factory?
I went 2-door base manual (if it ever shows up this summer) for the following reasons:
  • I don't enjoy spending big on material items (in fact I hate owning expensive things).
  • I enjoy operating a manual transmission (but damn, I hope Ford's manual isn't flawed, given some other threads on noisy synchros, that would bite).
  • I enjoy driving shorter wheelbase more nimble vehicles.
  • The times I'll need extra passenger/cargo space are more edge cases, majority of use won't require the extra space.
  • I had a blast living along the Colorado front range for 10 years, off-roading with old CJs and Land Rovers, having 31" tires and open diffs. So I already know a base (with 33" tires added) will be a load of fun and functionality. (I think some folks wildly overspend on functionality they have little if any use for.)
If doing things over, I might have considered a V6/auto base Sasquatch. I think that is a nice off-road setup. I'd might have splurged for that, if still living in Colorado and wheeling every weekend. Currently in flat Chicagoland, it was a harder case to make.

HCGxKaLiBeR

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I guess I'm the unusual guy here....

Wanted: Unique and stand out with minimal effort... Good tech and creature comfort.

Not needed: Lockers, crazy off road capabilities. (Though nice to have...)

WildTrak, Stubby 2Dr on 35s, with optional side body graphics makes it stands out a lot as families, strangers, co-workers are pointing out to me. Objective achieved :ROFLMAO:

66Fan

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Was originally looking 4Dr. Black Diamond with 2.7, Sas, Hard top, etc., etc..
By the time I put everything I wanted on it, I was sitting slightly above WildTrak pricing with less option content (Interior color/design only on WildTrak, black badges, black wheels, distinct grille (which I liked better) and black door handles/mirrors (which I also liked more, but they disappeared anyway)).
So.... no brainer... WildTrak it was.

Of course, this was all before the constraint and allocations debacle, but I stuck with and had my WildTrak after nearly two years of waiting.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Originally I was looking at the Outer Banks as that was as close to the BMW X5 we had for a family hauler. But then the wife said to get what you really want.

So I did.

Sponsored

RowsKing

Raptor
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BRaptor, 66 Stang
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

My dealer turned my Wildtrak order into a Raptor. I never authorized them too. I met with the GM and he admitted they screwed up and they offered me the Raptor at MSRP. I couldn’t say no. I got me a Raptor!

Lowdogg

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak, Honda Odyssey, '04 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My dealer turned my Wildtrak order into a Raptor. I never authorized them too. I met with the GM and he admitted they screwed up and they offered me the Raptor at MSRP. I couldn’t say no. I got me a Raptor!
Thats’s amazing.

Lowdogg

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak, Honda Odyssey, '04 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I guess I'm the unusual guy here....

Wanted: Unique and stand out with minimal effort... Good tech and creature comfort.

Not needed: Lockers, crazy off road capabilities. (Though nice to have...)

WildTrak, Stubby 2Dr on 35s, with optional side body graphics makes it stands out a lot as families, strangers, co-workers are pointing out to me. Objective achieved :ROFLMAO:
This was my thinking as well. Off-road ready without modifications, preserving warranty, and comfort.

OP
OP
HOSSMAN

HOSSMAN

Badlands
First Name
HOSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2022 BMW X3 M-SPORT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With me being stupid and canceling my first order to now my second order from 2/22 got the "sorry, better luck in 24" with a bunch of others I would go for an OBX as we just had one come in hard loaded but the MGV is a hard sell for me with the Badlands. From growing up with my 83 and getting caught with the top off in the rain with cloth interior and seeing what I see here at the dealership I don't know why they wouldn't offer that across all packages, just makes sense, but it also makes no sense why Ford didn't offer it across the board like the did SAS pkgs.

Sucks, I have a garage full of goodies to put on the bronco...just no bronco and it looks like no time soon, and I work for a dealer :cautious:

OP
OP
HOSSMAN

HOSSMAN

Badlands
First Name
HOSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2022 BMW X3 M-SPORT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

HOLY CRAP! "WINNING"!
Sponsored