Sponsored

What models are available at the Off-Roadeo?

briankb66

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My wife and I are going to Moab on 6/26 and are wondering if other models will be available to drive besides the Badlands? We own a Wildtrak and would love to get a feel for it's capabilities during rock climbing. We are going to spend a few days after the Off-Roadeo exploring Moab trails. TIA
Sponsored

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My wife and I just did it at the beginning of May and I believe I saw some WTs there. All others are BLs.

JDav

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mostly Badlands with SAS when I was there last year
There was at least 1 non-SAS badlands and I think a WT

BigBend530

Big Bend
First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2Dr.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The short answer is it varies depending on cycling of vehicles. We were there on 5/22. In the "not ready to drive" area there were a few 2 door and we have a 2 door and hoped to use one but when we went out to the line of vehicles, they were all 4 door. SAS and non-SAS Badlands and then a few Wildtrak. My girlfriend quickly picked a Catcus Gray one to drive only to realize after all were picked that it was non-SAS. Handled things just like the SAS versions. The Wildtraks there did not have Hoss 3.0 if yours does.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The short answer is it varies depending on cycling of vehicles. We were there on 5/22. In the "not ready to drive" area there were a few 2 door and we have a 2 door and hoped to use one but when we went out to the line of vehicles, they were all 4 door. SAS and non-SAS Badlands and then a few Wildtrak. My girlfriend quickly picked a Catcus Gray one to drive only to realize after all were picked that it was non-SAS. Handled things just like the SAS versions. The Wildtraks there did not have Hoss 3.0 if yours does.
Quoting for emphasis. There are a fleet of vehicles that are in constant rotation. One thing is certain is that they will either all have Sasquatch package or stock Badlands. There will be no HOSS 1.0 stock rigs.

I was fortunate to grab the only 2-dr in Austin on the day that I attended. I was lamenting facing certain death as I've always said I wouldn't be caught dead driving a moar door. Thankfully, there was lone VB 2-dr BaseSquatch that saved me the indignity.

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As others have mentioned, it depends on the vehicles they have in rotation at that time.

Generally speaking they try to have largely 4-door V6 Badlands Sasquatch. Reason why is because they want to show you all of the technology available on the Bronco, and the Badlands trim is the only trim that has all of the gadgets.

When I attended the here was the breakdown:
  • (2) 4-Door Black Diamond Sasquatch
  • (1) 2-Door Badlands
  • (1) 2-Door Badlands Sasquatch
  • (~20) 4-Door Badlands Sasquatch

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was lucky enough to snag one of the two 2Dr Wildtraks in NH a couple weekends ago (just ahead of another couple eyeing it). I found features about the Cameras in 4L that I'd not found before. There were lots of BLs, but also a couple non-SAS available there. Have a great day!

OP
OP
briankb66

briankb66

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thank you to everyone for the input, it all makes total sense now.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Moab last October, all were 4-doors. One non-Sas Badlands, the rest Sas-equipped, consisting of a variety of OBX, BD, BB, BL, and one WT. Not sure if they were all 2.7, but probably most...

The Badlands did everything the Squatches did, but there were just a couple of spots it dragged a little bit of rear bumper...

Ford Bronco What models are available at the Off-Roadeo? C1ED0622-7B66-4A35-A5C4-B52C88CBC525

351W-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Herb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco,1969 Bronco, 2001 Excursion (7.3L)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wasn't surprised, but I was still disappointed that last month at Moab Off-Roadeo, there were no manual transmission Broncos to drive. I expected it, but I was hoping there would be a lone, dusty, manual transmission rig, forgotten in the corner somewhere.

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wasn't surprised, but I was still disappointed that last month at Moab Off-Roadeo, there were no manual transmission Broncos to drive. I expected it, but I was hoping there would be a lone, dusty, manual transmission rig, forgotten in the corner somewhere.
They had a handful in Austin when they launched the Off-Roadeo, but it didn’t go well at all so they got swapped out pretty quickly.

The reality of the situation is that taking someone from “never off-roaded before” to “hey look at me doing some decent rock crawling” in a single day is a big ask for a lot of people, so the vehicles themselves almost have to be over-capable to support that.

You could easily do most of the Off-Roadeo with a Black Diamond non-Sasquatch. BUT, not everyone attending the Off-Roadeo is capable of doing that, so they have to stack the deck a bit by giving most people a Badlands Sasquatch with all of the cool technology that doesn’t come with the manual trans or the 2.3L.

351W-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Herb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco,1969 Bronco, 2001 Excursion (7.3L)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They had a handful in Austin when they launched the Off-Roadeo, but it didn’t go well at all so they got swapped out pretty quickly.

The reality of the situation is that taking someone from “never off-roaded before” to “hey look at me doing some decent rock crawling” in a single day is a big ask for a lot of people, so the vehicles themselves almost have to be over-capable to support that.

You could easily do most of the Off-Roadeo with a Black Diamond non-Sasquatch. BUT, not everyone attending the Off-Roadeo is capable of doing that, so they have to stack the deck a bit by giving most people a Badlands Sasquatch with all of the cool technology that doesn’t come with the manual trans or the 2.3L.
I get it, but to the best of my knowledge, the only "toy" that doesn't come with the manual/2.3 combo is Trail Turn Assist.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They probably couldn't keep up with all the clutch replacements necessary if they provided manuals. They would be getting hammered constantly by people who aren't that good with a clutch...

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I get it, but to the best of my knowledge, the only "toy" that doesn't come with the manual/2.3 combo is Trail Turn Assist.
There are two more:
  • Trail Turn Assist
  • Trail Control
  • Trail One-Pedal Drive
Trail Turn Assist is a hyper-situational feature and in my opinion is more of a party trick than an actual useful feature. The other two, on the other hand, are extremely handy—especially for those new to off-roading.
Sponsored