Sponsored

What motor oil are you going to run in your 2.7?

What Oil?

• Total voters

Skeletor

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Whip
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This. Is. Exactly what I was looking for. Lol
Sponsored

PaulW

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 EB, 06 Wrangler LJ, 18F150HD, 17 Honda CRV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Poor question by the OP. None of the poll selections mention Ford oil. The Ford manual specifies their syn or part syn oil and neither needs additives.
My choice would be Full Synthetic. that meets the latest Ford spec. By the time you get a new Bronco the manual will call out the latest oil spec.
Most popular is Mobil- 1 and the specs show in comparison to other it is not the best.

OP
OP
amccue90

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Poor question by the OP. None of the poll selections mention Ford oil. The Ford manual specifies their syn or part syn oil and neither needs additives.
My choice would be Full Synthetic. that meets the latest Ford spec. By the time you get a new Bronco the manual will call out the latest oil spec.
Most popular is Mobil- 1 and the specs show in comparison to other it is not the best.
Poor comment by an online twat. Actually the poll does offer Ford oil. It's the option that says "add mine and I'll update my vote". Really don't understand why people like you need to make comments like this. Do you feel like you've added value to the thread?

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You asked, so here's mine to add to the argument, I mean discussion:
1. Use one of the synthetic oils already mentioned, you can't go wrong with the choices offered. Some may be more readily available than others.
2. Change the oil more frequently than required by the owner's manual. The annual cost difference will be negligible and you're protecting a multi-thousand dollar investment.
3. Change the filter every time you change the oil. Use a premium, synthetic media filter. Again, there will be different opinions but I'll mention Mobil 1 M1 Extended Performance Oil Filter.
4. Change the oil and filter yourself or find a well regarded, locally owned, auto repair shop. Take them the oil and filter if needed and just pay them for the labor and oil disposal. Do not go to one of the quick, drive through oil change places.

OK, I'm off my soap box.
Last part exactly correct!!! Just because the threads fit, doesn't mean it's the right filter size. Those drive through places put the smallest filter that will fit to save money... Your oil is only as good as the filter you install.

Badlander

Badlands
First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just wondering why Castrol Edge has not been mentioned.

Sponsored

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Last part exactly correct!!! Just because the threads fit, doesn't mean it's the right filter size. Those drive through places put the smallest filter that will fit to save money... Your oil is only as good as the filter you install.
Not sure if that's changed in recent years, but when I was younger and worked at Jiffy Lube, we didn't put the smallest filter on that would fit. I could take stock filter off a vehicle and put it next to the filters that we used, and they'd be the exact measurements.

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure if that's changed in recent years, but when I was younger and worked at Jiffy Lube, we didn't put the smallest filter on that would fit. I could take stock filter off a vehicle and put it next to the filters that we used, and they'd be the exact measurements.
Your Jiffy Lube definitely one of the exceptions then... Not illegal to use a smaller filter, just not as efficient.

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Your Jiffy Lube definitely one of the exceptions then... Not illegal to use a smaller filter, just not as efficient.
This was in Missouri and all of the Jiffy Lubes in my area ( most of the state ) were run by MFA, which all used the same filters. We changed oil on everything from the common pickup truck to Mrs. Law's Jaguar, at my specific location. I can't speak for other quick oil change places. In the rare event we ran out of a specific filter or just a rare vehicle, we got filters from Napa.

CarbonBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Toyota $runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
ill be continuing to use Redline oils like i do in all of my other vehicles. i may even try puroil.

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Sponsored

Escape Hatch

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mk7 GTI, 19 Atlas SE w/ tech R Line V6 4 motion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What, no LiquiMolly options here?

Last edited:

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I only run Castrol.

Engineeredthisway24

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Porsche Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have always had positive results from Blackstone Labs while running Liquimoly and lately the newest Moligen formula. I usually put 5w-40 in the Cayman, but I am not so sure what weight I will use for the Bronco. Regardless, Liquimoly. 🇺🇲

Escape Hatch

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mk7 GTI, 19 Atlas SE w/ tech R Line V6 4 motion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have always had positive results from Blackstone Labs while running Liquimoly and lately the newest Moligen formula. I usually put 5w-40 in the Cayman, but I am not so sure what weight I will use for the Bronco. Regardless, Liquimoly. 🇺🇲
Agreed, use it in my three current VWs' and works great! Motor is noticeably quieter using LiquiMolly versus Castrol as well.
Sponsored