Sponsored

What motor oil are you going to run in your 2.7?

What Oil?

• Total voters

TRACKTOY

Badlands
First Name
ANDRÉ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 LARIAT CREW C. 3.5L ÉCO 2022+ BRONCO BL.2023
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

hi
i bring my amsoil oil at my dealer and they use a FORD filter on it, after they wash my vehicule for free at each change. they only charge me for the filter and time for the change this very cheap cost -$. F150 3.5 ECO BOOST and ESCAPE 2l T ,TITANIUM.
TRACKTOY
Sponsored

Engineeredthisway24

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Porsche Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agreed, use it in my three current VWs' and works great! Motor is noticeably quieter using LiquiMolly versus Castrol as well.
I was running Schaeffer's for a bit in my M5, but as you said when I switched over to LM it instantly made a difference in engine noise and general smooth operation. That V10 was a finicky fucker! The Cayman sounds like it is going to fall apart no matter what I do, but the lab results don't lie. Have you driven the new Mk8R? I need to see what that little beast is all about!!

Escape Hatch

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mk7 GTI, 19 Atlas SE w/ tech R Line V6 4 motion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was running Schaeffer's for a bit in my M5, but as you said when I switched over to LM it instantly made a difference in engine noise and general smooth operation. That V10 was a finicky fucker! The Cayman sounds like it is going to fall apart no matter what I do, but the lab results don't lie. Have you driven the new Mk8R? I need to see what that little beast is all about!!
Negative, have not. I will say the MQB platform is a joy. I have embarrassingly dropped over 13k in parts alone on my Mk7 but this little fucker moves out and handles very well. 8.88 sec 60-130 and 3.8 sec 60-100 recorded via draggy.

The new MK8R with new power vectoring looks to be fun. I beleive the aftermarket currently in place for the Mk7 will make it insanely fast.

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If it takes 5W20, then Kirkland. 10qts of full synthetic for $22 right now, meets all current certifications.

Ran Royal Purple in my 318 once, started leaking. Anecdotal and a sample size of one, but it didn't seem worth the money.

Sponsored

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Kirkland, baby....

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Since I'll be using my points on them, whatever the dealer puts in...

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm going to try Motorcraft Full Synthetic at the dealer. I like running synthetic and don't want to run into any issues with warranty claims.

Barko13

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just wondering what oil you all are planning on running. Not trying to listen to members bicker back and forth. Maybe just share what you're thinking you'll use and quickly why.

I've been using Mobil 1 full synthetic on my current vehicle. But I read in another forum someone suggesting a higher ZDDP for the turbo?
I’ve been using Mobil 1 to drag the intervals a little longer. Regardless of what oil you use, Walmart 5 quart jugs are by far the least expensive out there. Usually 22-24 for Mobil 1 or like 19.99 for Semi synthetic Motorcraft. I usually check stock online before I go because the Mobil 1 is usually cleaned up pretty good.

Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

if there's a choice at the dealer I'll choose full synthetic, but what ever they deem fine will be fine with me. I'll change it as suggested in the manual and I guess the computer will also tell me? Dealer is 5 min from my house, if I can wait for it I'll just go across the street to Target, otherwise I'll either walk home or bring my bike with me.
Done the same with my Tacoma for 19 years, no problems. And they are also 5 min from my house, very handy.

LostInArizona

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands non-sas 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Such a funny thing that gets people so worked up. 99% of you have no idea what oil is best in your motor. You make your judgement based on the first alternative you tried, it worked, great must be good! Lol How many of you have actually sent your oil in for analysis though? 🤣

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The one that works for the engine I have.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm running 2.7 million year old dino juice in mine. Every 6 months I'll drain it thru a sock and put it back in using a turkey baster. Every year I'll add in a quarter cup mixture of underwear blood and peanut oil to keep it from being too thin. Every 4 years I'll start over
Most of what you said makes sense, but I’m really struggling with one aspect of it, so I gotta ask… just every six months? I mean, WTF?!? 😅

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Mobil 1 has served me well. I've owned a turbocharged car since 1990 and never had a turbo last less than 160,000 miles. I've never had a timing chain wear out.

I'm currently driving a naturally aspirated car with a timing belt and have let my changes slide to 10k miles, per the manufacturer's requirement.

With the Bronco I will go 5k miles. This is made super easy by an oil drain plug that is tucked up way high behind the front suspension subframe. this will allow me to use a

Fumoto Valve. - the greatest invention ever.

That combined with a top mounted oil filter and a lot of ground clearance and you have an 10 minute oil change.
Sponsored