Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

By this logic I'm 73,1xx in line. I'm a 7/14 reserve date (mid day I think).
Sponsored

AHop

Black Diamond
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 F250 Highboy, '96 Miata M-Edition
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The reservation numbers are NOT sequential. They are completely random within a certain range to prevent data mining and keep people from knowing exactly how many reservations are in the system.

CoolTech

Wildtrak
First Name
Kendall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Touareg TDI
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The reservation numbers are NOT sequential. They are completely random within a certain range to prevent data mining and keep people from knowing exactly how many reservations are in the system.
Let's assume this is true. But don't we also know that Ford has asked the dealerships to submit their orders by time stamp? If this is also true, then do we assume that at some point in time dealerships will get a decoder ring?

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
This ^^^
Also makes it harder to solicit or screw with the dealer allocation process. My understanding is that a dealer could end up with a higher allocation than reservations they hold.

c2one

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Let's assume this is true. But don't we also know that Ford has asked the dealerships to submit their orders by time stamp? If this is also true, then do we assume that at some point in time dealerships will get a decoder ring?
They have it already - they have the time stamp for when the reservation was placed. So dealers can already start sorting list by date and time.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Portapot

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just sorted my list by model number and then reservation number ascending....I thought maybe these numbers were like VINs, not the case. Where lets say a WT was 1011xxxx, OB was 1021xxxx etc.....not the case. The more I look at the data the more worthless it looks. The reservation numbers remain a mystery to me as does the thought process put into the interior design. :eek:) If I could delete my original post I would.

c2one

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I just sorted my list by model number and then reservation number ascending....I thought maybe these numbers were like VINs, not the case. Where lets say a WT was 1011xxxx, OB was 1021xxxx etc.....not the case. The more I look at the data the more worthless it looks. The reservation numbers remain a mystery to me as does the thought process put into the interior design. :eek:) If I could delete my original post I would.
This isn't the first thread on this subject and probably won't be the last. If anything, it informs those that have not seen the other posts that the reservation numbers do not line up in any consumable way.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I explained this before in some thread somewhere here.

The reservation numbers aren't some complicated code. There's no need for Ford to randomize them or hide them or anything like that. Knowing a number doesn't do anything other than give an idea of how many have been assigned. The numbers are essentially in numeric order based on when the reservation was placed.

I believe the minor discrepancy in the numeric order of some reservations may be due to reservation processes that were started, assigned a number, but were then abandoned. At a later time, those abandoned numbers were made available for use again and subsequently used.

Think of it this way: if you were going to randomize a reservation number, why would you randomize them in small batches? What's the point of that? No, you randomize the whole set and get numbers like 3071090278 followed by 1109356729 followed by 9354387611, etc.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

didn't we have reports earlier on that some people that reserved like a day or two later had numbers lower than earlier reservations? If so, none of this means anything.
Yes....very true. Using other persons numbers puts them at 400,000 mine is in the 200,000 units....FORD has said they have around 160,000 reservations. This has been talked to death. Numbers were issued in batches by Series. Some batch blocks filled and they issued other batch numbers. IMO, to us, these numbers are meaningless....on purpose! FORD however knows what they mean.

Sponsored

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am close with my dealer and they told me on the list they have on customers reserving through them, that the reservation numbers do not necessarily increase with the time the reservation was placed. This makes me believe that the orders will be fulfilled ( as some people here have said ) based on time placed and not so much by reservation number.

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any chance the 101s were week 1, 102s week 2, and 103s subsequent? I recall looking at the list a while back and it looked like they were batched.
I placed my reservation on 7/20 which would be in the 3rd week of reservations . My number begins with 103 , so maybe . Either that or I am 197,000 in line due to sitting on my butt for 6 days :(

Meathook

Badlands
First Name
Kristin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Something small and Japanese
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If this is true... I placed my order on 7/31... so that would put me ~172,000 in line. I’m hoping I get mine by Christmas at this point... (but if people keep cancelling that’s ok with me!). I am not holding my breath here...
Interesting...I made my reservation on 7/19 and according to this math we're doing I'm #187,301 in line.
Sponsored