Sponsored

What other not so common accessories are you going to add?

Mickey21

Wildtrak
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Wildtrak (Race Red)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was looking over the accessories on the Ford website and a few accessories that aren't commonly talked about here stick out a bit to me. What's your favorite add-on so far and why?

For obvious reasons, I really hate when I go to perform a remote start only to find it didn't take after all from inside my home or work (office is a massive multicomplex location, so I want it to work and not come to a still hot car). For 30$, yes please, 2500 Feet, yes please again... Though I know it is best paired with the corresponding fob.
Ford Bronco What other not so common accessories are you going to add? 1618850534527

https://accessories.ford.com/aerial-asy-11900.html#2021/Bronco

Cargo area rug, a bit more my needs since generally my dirty gear goes in the overland trailer I built. I like the idea of hook and loop style retainers for gear back there as well. Reasonably inexpensive.
Ford Bronco What other not so common accessories are you going to add? 1618850899309

https://accessories.ford.com/liner-load-compartment-13068.html#2021/Bronco

Would consider the leading edge black protection area, and on the Wildtrak if this matches the black on the hood decal, maybe even more so. Decisions decisions.
Ford Bronco What other not so common accessories are you going to add? 1618851076637

https://accessories.ford.com/deflector-vm2dz-16c900-a.html#2021/Bronco

Is it me, or for that price, that better be a damn good vehicle cover? Maybe I havent priced a quality one out lately, but fair enough. The ones with racing vehicles on them instead, I mean interesting, but paying double, not sure about that...
Ford Bronco What other not so common accessories are you going to add? 1618851327316

https://accessories.ford.com/cover-full-vehicle-vm2dz-19a412-c.html#2021/Bronco

Yeah, I don't "need" this, but I think it will come in handy from time to time if anything else than to help keep items from damaging the interior tailgate paint. It also says Bronco and god knows we don't have enough places that say that so there is that too.
Ford Bronco What other not so common accessories are you going to add? 1618851757013

https://accessories.ford.com/table-asy-utility.html#2021/Bronco
Sponsored

jclaypool83

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, 6.7L 2500 RAM, FOCUS RS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

REAR GATE TRAY WITHOUT A DOUBT!

OP
OP
Mickey21

Mickey21

Wildtrak
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wonder about the lockable cargo tray....it doesn't say a thing about how easy it is to remove to get to the stuff underneath...

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

For obvious reasons, I really hate when I go to perform a remote start only to find it didn't take after all from inside my home or work (office is a massive multicomplex location, so I want it to work and not come to a still hot car). For 30$, yes please, 2500 Feet, yes please again... Though I know it is best paired with the corresponding fob.
Ford Bronco What other not so common accessories are you going to add? 1618851757013
You could use the FordPass app and do it for free. Heck you could be in Thailand and start your Bronco in Texas with it.

UberGadgetFreak

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE Bronco 22 FE Mav, 23 Mav Tremor, 03 Marauder
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The ones I went with on my first order:
Rear Tonneau cover
Cargo area liner
I went with the Aeroskin II hood protector - its textured instead of glossy.
UVS100 sunscreen - got one years ago and liked it so much I get them for everything now
Molle Grate system for swing gate
Soft Cockpit cover
Rock Rails
Two Hitch
Wiring Harness for tow hitch

Things I still want to add:
Winch Mounting solution (have a Warn Zeon10 winch in the garage, so don't need the winch itself = appears to be the same one)
Slide out tailgate
Antenna mounts for radios (need 2 - CB and HAM).
Dash rail for mounting devices
OE style soft top (not a big fan of the TrekTop fastback style).
Bimini mesh top for 4 door

As for remote start, one thing I liked about my Escape was that I could use the app on my phone to start it. I don't know if the Bronco will be the same, but the Escape was using 3G cellular on the vehicle, so I could start it from anywhere as long as it and my phone had some sort of connection.

OP
OP
Mickey21

Mickey21

Wildtrak
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You could use the FordPass app and do it for free. Heck you could be in Thailand and start your Bronco in Texas with it.
Yes, but that assumes I am always within cell tower coverage, this is not always a thing, especially in Texas.

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yes, but that assumes I am always within cell tower coverage, this is not always a thing, especially in Texas.
Fair enough! Just making sure you knew that was also an option.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mickey21

Mickey21

Wildtrak
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

As for remote start, one thing I liked about my Escape was that I could use the app on my phone to start it. I don't know if the Bronco will be the same, but the Escape was using 3G cellular on the vehicle, so I could start it from anywhere as long as it and my phone had some sort of connection.
It is confirmed it will be similar with the app remote start, that is well known, no problem there, but as mentioned above, the fob with extended range is a lot more convenient from a standpoint of having less chance to fail, especially with respect to cell phone coverage as I plan to have a lot of overland road trips. And it is 30$, so isnt a big whoop there.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The tailgate table will be one of the most common accessories. Not appropriate for this list.