Sponsored

What other not so common accessories are you going to add?

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What is your end goal with this? What do you want to build? I think you need to answer this first.

You'll be able to get HEARTY gains with the commons (intake, exhaust, de-cat, intercooler, piping) and then just get the compressor housings machined and big wheels installed..... (CR performance has them)

After that point the wastegates will be maxed out and you'll need external wastegates, (except thats not possible because of the configuration) SO that would mean full turbine housings, but they are proprietary and you will need an aftermarket turbo solution. I am unaware of anyone doing full big turbos. You'll also be lifting heads and have that issue by the time this matters.

You have to know where you are going before you can engineer the system around the airflow requirements. A high power 2.7 TT will possibly annihilate the drivetrain in low range in the rocks.... 450ftlb mutliplied with low range.....is alot of torque

Reference on the CR Big Wheel turbos:
BCB has measured rear wheel power at 420HP / 450ft-lbs with a custom BCB 93 tune on the stage 3 turbos on a 2018 2.7L F150. (custom tuning required for these turbos to run correctly)
Appreciate all the input... but Iā€™m only looking at the cold air side of things... not trying to increase power because I donā€™t think it needs it... on the low end, just cleaning up things under the hood as much as can be done with TTā€™s under there... on the high end, possibly repositioning the intercooler. Yeah, I know folks will be putting this stuff out... but whatā€™s the point of being a fabricator if you just buy other folks stuff. Besides, I just do this stuff for fun.

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Appreciate all the input... but Iā€™m only looking at the cold air side of things... not trying to increase power because I donā€™t think it needs it... on the low end, just cleaning up things under the hood as much as can be done with TTā€™s under there... on the high end, possibly repositioning the intercooler. Yeah, I know folks will be putting this stuff out... but whatā€™s the point of being a fabricator if you just buy other folks stuff. Besides, I just do this stuff for fun.
So you want to fabricate cold air plumbing without the goal of adding power?

Kinda lost, unless you start removing PCV, or other plumbing, everything there has a purpose..... Catch can isn't necessary because 2.7TT also has indirect injection.
Aluminum cold side pipes would hold more heat than silicone pipes. I'd expect MIshimoto to have cold side plumbing, and a revised intercooler out within a year.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So you want to fabricate cold air plumbing without the goal of adding power?

Kinda lost, unless you start removing PCV, or other plumbing, everything there has a purpose..... Catch can isn't necessary because 2.7TT also has indirect injection.
Aluminum cold side pipes would hold more heat than silicone pipes. I'd expect MIshimoto to have cold side plumbing, and a revised intercooler out within a year.
Again, Iā€™m a fabricator, I donā€™t care to just buy bolt on stuff... I actually enjoy building my own stuff. Moving the intercooler would be to build something else in its place... Iā€™m not trying to argue that there will be a bazillion options out there, to do everything I intend to do... but just bolting other folks stuff on is boring as hell to me. I do appreciate the input though, as to horsepower and all... but it just isnā€™t my goal.

Sponsored

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco What other not so common accessories are you going to add? 4C9200E4-755B-40FA-9899-FAE6F4025918
Ford Bronco What other not so common accessories are you going to add? 4C9200E4-755B-40FA-9899-FAE6F4025918

@Werkedperformance I wasnā€™t forced to build any of this crap, none of which has anything to do with power... I just do because itā€™s fun to me.
Sorry man, didn't mean to offend you. Beautiful work! Love the turnbuckle belt tensioner!

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am really interested in getting the cargo area vault that showed up in the recent accessories page posted here.

That way when I go for a ride/walk I can secure the contents of my pockets in my Bronco when my doors & roof are off.

I'm just not sure if the space will be there in a 2dr.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry man, didn't mean to offend you. Beautiful work! Love the turnbuckle belt tensioner!
No offense taken, sorry if I implied such. Was only trying to make my point of building my own junk. Thanks for the input, and compliment.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Again, Iā€™m a fabricator, I donā€™t care to just buy bolt on stuff... I actually enjoy building my own stuff. Moving the intercooler would be to build something else in its place...
I think moving the intercooler will be key to getting a better inboard winch solution on the front end that doesnā€™t block the camera or reduce the stock approach angle.

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No offense taken, sorry if I implied such. Was only trying to make my point of building my own junk. Thanks for the input, and compliment.
FWIW, you guys (designers & fabricators) are the salt of the earth in an enthusiast forum like Bronco6G. I would love to meet both of you at a Bronco Off-Roadeo, discussing concepts and mods over a campfire drinking beer! That would be such a hoot! :cool:

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think moving the intercooler will be key to getting a better inboard winch solution on the front end that doesnā€™t block the camera or reduce the stock approach angle.
Right. I still wanna do the winch on a receiver, but I wanna try to figure out a behind the bumper too, in case I change it up for some reason.

R11

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.basequatch.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Something functional to deal with the 4" gap between the cargo area and the rear seats in the 4dr folded down. I'd like to see that slide out tailgate on the lower level and "something really cool that I don't even know about" for the top portion. Then again, anyone w/ a 4dr is probably interested in that. Same w/ a picatinny rail for the dash. Guess I'm out of original ideas. What was the P/N for that swing again??
Perfect reference Frank.

And I also consider the BYOD pic rail, sliding tailgate, and gap-leveler-thing to be the most important basic pieces.

Still hoping the slide-out tailgate does the leveling, that would be

old goat

Big Bend
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
some silver 4x4x4x4 dice hanging on the rearview mirror :ROFLMAO: