Sponsored

What package is required to get heated steering wheel/ heated seats?

vel23

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 340i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love my heated steering wheel. I used to think it was so pointless, but the moment it gets cool like it's been lately, I roll the windows down and open the sunroof but pop the heated steering wheel and seats on and I'm happy as hell I have them.
Sponsored

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
I love my heated steering wheel. I used to think it was so pointless, but the moment it gets cool like it's been lately, I roll the windows down and open the sunroof but pop the heated steering wheel and seats on and I'm happy as hell I have them.
+1

This is why I want heated seats and steering wheel.

Here on Phoenix, the top would stay off all fall/winter/spring/early summer.
It would only need to go on after it starts getting above 110 degrees and stayed there.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jeeps have had cloth seats and carpets standard for decades.
FCA uses mold resistant cloth and foam.

Ford simply decided that was to much coin to copy.

OTH: the Bronco comes with AC, Power locks and windows standard.
While the Jeep doesn't.

Pick your poison.
I thought vinyl was standard on YJs. I bought mine used but I thought mine basically had no options besides a back seat. I could be wrong, but I've had that in my head for all these years. I know JKs and JLs have cloth standard. No idea why they stopped using vinyl.

Isn't Ford's cloth on Broncos supposedly water-resistant? I can't remember where I read that.

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
You forgot about the TJ. ;)

Late TJs had the awesome looking tan or blue South Western pattern cloth seats ( optional??)
I thought vinyl was standard on YJs. I bought mine used but I thought mine basically had no options besides a back seat. I could be wrong, but I've had that in my head for all these years. I know JKs and JLs have cloth standard. No idea why they stopped using vinyl.

Isn't Ford's cloth on Broncos supposedly water-resistant? I can't remember where I read that.

noahr

Black Diamond
First Name
Noah @ Mullinax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Getting the black diamond as well for the same reasons. I don't care about carpet, but being around boats for a fair portion of my life ( born and raised on Long Island ), that marine vinyl is the tits. Ford's version will most likely be on par or surpass the stuff I'm used to.
yeah man same experience here I just pray i can get it in a not dark color

Sponsored

noahr

Black Diamond
First Name
Noah @ Mullinax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I didn't forget, I just didn't know. All my friends with TJs had leather (vinyl?).
Mine didnt if i remember correctly I had to put on neoprene covers

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So Jeep missed too? For over a decade across two generations? Or are electronics inside perforated leather seats in an open top vehicle a bad idea?
You should remind Ford not to offer heated seats. They are available on cloth seats in an open top vehicle.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Which is fine. Why does Jeep offer heated seats but not cooled seats?
Wait. You said it wasn't a good idea to have electronics in seats with an open air roof. The material of perforated leather is immaterial as the electronics for the heated seat is in cloth. It is an all or nothing argument. Either electronics in seats with the open air roof is a bad idea or it isn't.

I don't care what Jeep does. What Jeep does is a straw man. Ford decided that it was okay for electronics in seats. Heated seats are an option. Power seats on higher trims. But for some reason, having a blower fan directing cool air in a seat is forboden.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wait. You said it wasn't a good idea to have electronics in seats with an open air roof. The material of perforated leather is immaterial as the electronics for the heated seat is in cloth. It is an all or nothing argument. Either electronics in seats with the open air roof is a bad idea or it isn't.

I don't care what Jeep does. What Jeep does is a straw man. Ford decided that it was okay for electronics in seats. Heated seats are an option. Power seats on higher trims. But for some reason, having a blower fan directing cool air in a seat is forboden.
Which leads me to believe that neither Jeep nor Ford have figured out how to include cooled seats in an open-topped vehicle.

It is not an all or nothing argument because the technology is different.

Also, aren't the cloth seats water-resistant?

Marine2146

Badlands
First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I have perforated seats in my Jeep GC(with fan) and my F-250( no fan) my husky took a dump in the back of my f-250 Harley Davidson edition Smooshed it all down into the perforations. I still to this day have not got all of it out. So perforated seats on a vehicle designed to get Muddy isn’t a good idea to begin with. If they got muddy they would likely clog up the holes and render the fan useless.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well, since there is no B&P yet, no one can be really certain.
Even B&P is limited in info and function and isn't "official" in its capacity.
But yes, from F.com, I'd agree the seats are mid package and the heated wheel is Lux.
Per my experience, the heated wheel is always on the highest trims, but I have only "built" Subarus and Fords. Other manufacturers, even models with in those companies may vary...

What is really needed for understanding "Official" option inclusions and exclusions is the ordering guide.
Pick your options from the order guide, then use the B&P and see what it costs.
So the B&P does not have official prices? And we can only conclusively determine final options and prices when the "ordering guide" is available? Does the guide drop simultaneous with the B%P?
Sponsored