Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Bah! Ford says that's just a "small handful of cosmetic transmission issues".... likely due to using the undercarriage wax setting at the touchless carwash.
Yea that's for sure not true. Most of hadn't even had a chance to wash the vehicle before the noise began. Poor MY23 guys picking up their builds then joining the thread the next day to say they have the noise too. Some guy has been through a year of 3 transmissions offered a 4th which they turned down and the dealer is doing the TSB as last attempt before Lemoning it. Much bigger problem than FORD is letting on and the issue is growing as they send new 23 builds off the line.
Sponsored

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Aside from the 7mt noise when cold, my rig has been trouble free. Whether or not the trans noise is an actual problem or just a nuisance, who knows, so I clicked minor problem for now. Honestly it doesnt bother me. Mine isnt that loud, and it's not that cold here in AZ.
Mine got louder over time just FYI. The issue isn't so much the noise vs no fix for it at the moment over 12 months after they received some of the first complaints. some of the physical damage being revealed when they open these cases is not standard wear. Definitely damage happening. Might not be an issue at 20k but 50k? No one knows yet

TripleSe7en

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2 Door, 1979 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes, I suppose that would have been better to have trouble free vs minor vs major problems. I am actually surprised by 70% trouble free response so far given what we read here. But 30% with issues is still significant IMO. Wonder how lucky or unlucky I will be with delivery this month?
Warranty issues with new cars is kinda just one of those things. As long as it doesn't result in downtime, I usually just brush it off. Lots and lots of parts, stacking tolerances, manufacturing tooling, suppliers... it's a tough business. Why most suggest not buying a first model year car, they figure out lots of bugs along the way.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Got one used. Electrical issue that they said was battery charge related. Iā€™ll know when I get it back since itā€™s been at the dealer for over 3 weeks waiting on a tcu. Iā€™m optimistic though.

Sponsored

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Literally the only problems I've had with my bronco so far were caused either by the dealer (broken tab on soft top) or myself (blown fuse to headlamp control module, lol)

I haven't even had the manual transmission noise that most are mentioning, even with the cold snap we're going through (-40c when I woke up this morning)

WildTrak23

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 FX4 Crew Cab Flame Blue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No problems yet...wait I haven't got mine yet, does that count as a problem??
ROFLMAO same here trouble free . But the same issue . Not here yet lol. Praying all BIG issues are worked out before 23's and 24's roll out.

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think this is a GREAT idea for a poll.

One thing I would have done different was to break out the ā€œmajor and minorā€ problems into separate votes. So basically, people could get an overview of the percentage of Broncos having NO problems, Some minor problem(s) that were easily fixed in a day, or major problems that required weeks of down time.

OP
OP
nhmountainman

nhmountainman

Badlands
First Name
Kman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Chevy 2500 Duramax 2018 BMW 340 2016 Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
less then 1% of owners are on this forum. Not nearly a true sample. Its a very low number none the less. I was part of a 6.7 diesel forum for yrs. You wouldve thought it was the biggest pos by reading forum. 11 years and zero problems. Forums are places for complaining. Asking a forum this question will get you a high percentage of problems.
You wont get the answer youre looking for from this poll. You will prolly not want a bronco after getting all results in if you believe the poll.
Agreed about the forums being a place to complain, but also a great place to understand whatā€™s going on. I think this forum is a decent sample of good and bad. Just another data-point for us all to see.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

30,000 miles in 18 months and onlybproblem is

30,000 miles in half the lease term. I might have to order a Mach-e which has an official 18-22 week wait on delivery

Sponsored

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think if I answered yes I would be forever cursing myself with problems. I do have a "maybe its a problem" going on, but am told it is normal and late seems to be getting better.

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

At 9k miles my alternator left me stranded in the middle of an intersection. (Unrelated to off-roading). It was a warranty repair due to a bad factory voltage regulator.

Other than this incident, it's been great.
Sponsored