Sponsored

What problems do you have with your late model ford that you hope do not infect the new Bronco?

The Beaz

First Edition
First Name
Shad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I've had a great time with my 2015 Expedition, logged a ton of miles in it, it has been reliable and mainly trouble free. However, there are a few issues that have presented themselves over time, some merely cosmetic, others affecting functionality. And of course, the most severe issues come about just as the warranty expires...However, some of these issues are long standing issues across many Ford products going back as far as 2000, so, I worry. So I list in order of ocucuance, the issues I pray will not find their way to the Bronco.

1. Aluminum wheel clear coat failure (this also occurred on my '13 Expedition). My wheels now look like crap.
2. Paint failure on aluminum body parts. Hood and tailgate edges bubble and peel. (major concern since the Bronco has so many aluminum panels)

3. Steering wheel controls fail. The clock spring fails leaving half of the controls (radio volume, voice activation, phone) inoperable.

Curious to know what problems you have had!
Sponsored

bluesun68

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
raptor, velar, f-type
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Blend doors on my Raptor 2011 keep failing. I'm on my 4th or 5th set. Requires pulling apart entire dash. Master cylinder failed (was a recall on some similar models) and the guy that put it back together didn't tighten the line enough and lost most of the fluid while on top of a mountain. Was exciting getting down.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

2014 Fusion with a timing chain cover that is leaking at 70k. Fuel pressure regulator also likes to cause it to stumble at idle every once in a while. Already been replaced once.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

2012 Mustang 203k miles.
Couple of years ago I had the paint peeling on hood (aluminum) and 2 weeks ago radio died :rolleyes:

But after 203k miles and only replacing a water pump, I'm not complaining.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had to have the recalled LCA bushing replaced on my 2011 Mustang twice, but aside from that I haven't had a problem with a new Ford since 2002.

Sponsored

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2015 Mustang. Only issue I have had with it is the AC pooping out. Alot of them have a leak in the evaporator which is a mofo to fix

blumtn

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'83 Toyota 4x4, '93 FJ80, '01 F250 4x4, '86 FXRS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have an '01 F250 powerstroke where the automatic hubs no longer work. Fortunately, the hubs have both "Auto" and "Lock" so I can still manually lock them. The truck has only 65k miles on it. The Bronco has a different design and I hope the hubs are more reliable.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
'17 F150 supercrew lariat (loaded out w/ almost every option)
-Rattling pano roof/sunroof - shouldn't be a problem w/ the bronco though considering it's not an option! Been to the dealer 4 times for it, including when it was jammed open, they give me some bs excuse every time.
-Driver-sear bottom leather covering loose. I even take out my wallet every time I get into the truck and still has the loose covering. Has had it since 8mos old/3k miles.
-Wipers in the winter will freeze even if you have defrost on (I feel they sit too low below the windshield). Ice melts and runs down to the wipers and then freezes as you're driving. Super Duty has heated wipers but they may have discounted for 2021.
-Oil drain plug is in the wrong place in the 3.5EB, if you're not careful it'll shoot 7' out from the truck onto the garage floor. Ask me how I know lol. Plus the damn plug is plastic and cheap.

Other than that, I love my truck.

Ricepuddin

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW 340i and 1998 bmw m3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Take it from someone who's had a few first model years. There will be issues, there are always issues. Let just hope they're minor

Sponsored

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
13 F150 4x4 194k miles
Water pump
Oil pressure sending unit

not complaining, it’s been a great truck and totally expect Bronco to serve as well.

Wedge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 FX4/ 2013 Mustang GT/ 2016 Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My 2005 Mustang GT, clutch pack replaced after rear end went out at 5k miles. AC broke more than once. I knew better than to buy a first model year which really worries me about the bronco

2008 expedition, no issues. Tranny had a weird sound when shifting. Sold it cheap to a buddy three years ago. Tranny just went out at 185k miles. Not bad

2013 Mustang GT, great car. Other than airbag recall, no issues.

2018 F150 XLT 5.0 , drain holes for sunroof like to freeze up and clog which causes water to drip down the inside of the windshield when it’s defrosting.
Wheel bearing went out, fixed under warranty.
I DO NOT like the 10 speed auto. Constantly searching for gears and makes the weird popping noise when shifting that I’m told is normal. But, it’s a great truck that is very comfortable, powerful, and the tech is great and easy to use. I love it

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hey all we are buying a first year,full of bugs truck if your not able to deal with a bunch of boo boos by ford you should probably wait a few years ! There is no way this bronco is going to be fire and forget for 222,000miles but its kinda like a shot in the dark but im in.

FrogGrabber

Black Diamond
First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: 2012 Wrangler, 2015 JKUR, ‘70 Jeepster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
2016 F150:
Intake manifold failed at about 15k miles. Looks like this was a prob for 4-6 months on 5.0. Replaced under warranty

Sync 3 computer went out at 38k miles. Bought a used one on eBay for $550. New was over $1500 from dealer.

Just had lead frame fail at 65k miles on 6R80 transmission. Over $1k to fix. This one pisses me off as it was an issue with this transmission for a long time, and earlier units were given 150k miles warranty.

All in all not awesome, but I love my truck otherwise.
Sponsored