Sponsored

What problems do you have with your late model ford that you hope do not infect the new Bronco?

RedRiverRev

First Name
Herman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The suspension in my Flex has been terrible. I think the blame lies in it's too fat for the platform, so I doubt they'll have the same issues in the Bronco.

The Sync and general safety sensors have been buggy as well (ACC went out at 40,000 miles). The interior rattles like crazy as well. I usually just drown it out with the radio.
Sponsored

Shotsy

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '18 BMW m240i, '04 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My RS is rattly as hell. It's ridiculous. No new car should rattle this bad. Rattles are a big complaint among RS owners. Sure it's "just a Focus", but it's a 40k car all the same.

Boost in the first two gears is inconsistent.

Paint on the grill inserts was too thin and they are more rust than paint now. Though that can be mostly blamed on salty roads. Thanks AK.
Mine didn't have those problems (except for the boost problem), but I came here to say that it would be great if Ford would put the CORRECT head gasket in the Bronco from the get-go.

That would be nice. Just sayin'...

Last edited:

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The 3.5 EcoBoost in my Flex tends to be a bit surgy when cold. On premium it almost gallops a bit driving slowly down a parking lot.

ADMM

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RS5, F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

2013 F150 FX4 3.5 Ecoboost. 194k miles. Broken exhaust manifold studs. Both sides. Dealer wanted $1500 plus parts each side. Major job but did it myself. Really can’t complain.

Sponsored

coolrain

Badlands
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger, 2014 Camaro 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2000 Ford Ranger Off Road 4x4 165k miles
  • Transmission solenoids (Ranger known for this issue)- rebuild about 65K miles in
  • Overdrive stop working around 100k miles - never fixed that
  • Gage Lights half of them out - 120K miles - I can still see enough
  • Radiator replaced - guess around 80K miles (did the thermostat as well as it was there)
  • Water pump leak - sealed itself... sort of... just holding on until I get the Bronco
  • Valve cover leak - top end rebuild I think that was around 90 - 110K miles and its back - current repair plan - see water pump actions above
  • ABS Control Module failure - 150K miles - found a guy that rebuilt it as I could drive otherwise
  • Gas intake nozzle rusted out - 165K miles just did this a couple of weekends ago as I couldn't get gas in the darn tank with a hole in the tube (what a joy that was to do!)

...maybe 2000 isn't "late model" but there's the list regardless.

Last edited:

Judd_Skin

Outer Banks
First Name
Judd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
2016 Lariat 2.7L had a leaky oil pan at 25,000 miles and the catalytic converter just went out at last week at 45,000. How in the hell does the catalytic converter go out at 45,000 miles? I’m trading this POS in immediately. Also makes me incredibly wary of buying another Ford.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Mine is not so much a problem as it is a difference in opinion between me and the Ford engineers - someone clearly didn't learn about voice of customer during 6 Sigma class.

On my Sync radio- in the sound settings (don't even get me started that it is 4 button clicks deep in a touchscreen menu) there is an option on the Bass/Mid/Treble screen for surround vs stereo...that option is not remembered. If I set that option to surround - it means I want to hear my music in surround ALL THE TIME...not have to go into the settings EVERY SINGLE TIME I get in my car to change it back. Bass/Mid/Treble and Fader are all static once set - this should have been also.

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have a 2013 f150 platinum. Only problem I had was the retractable running board motors quit and Ford replaced. Another minor issue were the wheels were a real bear to get off of the hubs!

Sponsored

SloppyCory07

Black Diamond
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 FSB, 14 F350, 19 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My RS is rattly as hell. It's ridiculous. No new car should rattle this bad. Rattles are a big complaint among RS owners. Sure it's "just a Focus", but it's a 40k car all the same.

Boost in the first two gears is inconsistent.

Paint on the grill inserts was too thin and they are more rust than paint now. Though that can be mostly blamed on salty roads. Thanks AK.
Take it to a tuner. They'll fix the boost problem or figure out why it's doing it.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Take it to a tuner. They'll fix the boost problem or figure out why it's doing it.
I've thought about it, but I don't particularly trust these motors and opted to keep it stock for the warranty period. If I was keeping it any longer I likely would, but I'm not.

Hopefully Ford does a better job (aka doesn't do it at all) with the boost limiting in the Broncos first few gears.

dmtndan

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Silverado, 2014 Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The families Adventure vehicle that has taken us to 49 states, Canada twice (separate trip), and Mexico many times is a 2011 Expedition XLT. We believe it was a model floor vehicle or a dealer vehicle because when we picked it up in 2014 it had about 10,000 miles and every premium package included except for the touchscreen radio. Between 2015 and now we have put on 150,000 miles doing these trips across the states. Only issues we have had were a blown fuse, and a total of 3 flat tires due to different reasons. Cosmetics wise the drivers seat needs some love as the leather is done for, some of the silver plastic in the cab has started to chip/peel (largest of 3 spots is the side of a thumb tack), and the electric motors that control the mirrors, windows, sunroof, etc can be a little slow sometimes. All in all probably the best vehicle my family has ever purchased besides the 91’ Silverado.

kirkallen143

Base
First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 explorer 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
1973 bronco, column shift linkage getting hung up...that’s it.

Kirk
Sponsored