Sponsored

What should I see when viewing my order?

OP
OP

Lambeezy

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 4 Door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

TxBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar f-pace
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If your dealer hasn't contacted you already I wouldn't trust that your '21 order will be placed by the dealer in '22. I would contact them, and make sure they understand that the '21 order does not automatically move to the '22 orders. My dealer will contact me again when the '22 order banks opens, and then place the order again.
My dealer knows absolutely nothing. I was texting with him earlier and he was reaching out to their bronco point person, but I’ve not heard back. I just called to speak to the gentleman myself and got a voicemail. But thanks for the info. I really do appreciate it. I swear it’s like the blind leading the blind. I just don’t want my order to get messed up and delay it even further. I’ve waited a year. I don’t want to wait two more because of a simple screwup.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My dealer knows absolutely nothing. I was texting with him earlier and he was reaching out to their bronco point person, but I’ve not heard back. I just called to speak to the gentleman myself and got a voicemail. But thanks for the info. I really do appreciate it. I swear it’s like the blind leading the blind. I just don’t want my order to get messed up and delay it even further. I’ve waited a year. I don’t want to wait two more because of a simple screwup.
It surprises me that so many dealers haven't taken the time to learn the details of such a money maker as the Bronco. I realize dealers focus on what they can sell today, and don't worry about what they might sell tomorrow. But, these Broncos could make them well if they would just take a little time to learn enough to keep their customers updated. Thankfully we have dealers here, @Granger Ford, and @DealerInsider that understand what the Bronco can do too their bottom line. I ordered from Granger, because I knew my local dealer, who I've done business with for 30 years, would be one of those that wouldn't get the details. And that they would also throw an ADM on them. Zach from Granger, and Tom from Chapman Ford have been great about keeping all of their customers in the loop the best they can. I'll be driving 1100 miles to get my Bronco in IOWA because I know Granger has their customers best interest at heart. And, many here are traveling too Chapman for the same reason.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you have a converted order from this year and got the email about it being a MY22 now, does that mean they will be reentering those orders in September too? Wondering if waiting a year only to get placed in with all the new orders is my fate or not… I’m going to be pissed if this causes my order date to not matter.
the order has to be entered again, they can't roll them over automatically or just change a field to 22, my guess is that there's a lot of logistics built into the system and it's easier to just enter the orders again with what ever new things might be available. Your dealer has to do that by hand, so make sure to ask them about the process. Some might just do it without talking to customers, others might want a new '22 B&P from you or for you to actively come in and go over the options.

Your place in line remains with your reservation, so if someone walks in an hour before you to place a new order, they won't be in front of you. Time stamp still counts and identifies your area in line, then it just depends on parts availability and your particular order. They'll build your's as soon as they can, before that new order. No worries there.

OP
OP

Lambeezy

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 4 Door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
the order has to be entered again, they can't roll them over automatically or just change a field to 22, my guess is that there's a lot of logistics built into the system and it's easier to just enter the orders again with what ever new things might be available. Your dealer has to do that by hand, so make sure to ask them about the process. Some might just do it without talking to customers, others might want a new '22 B&P from you or for you to actively come in and go over the options.

Your place in line remains with your reservation, so if someone walks in an hour before you to place a new order, they won't be in front of you. Time stamp still counts and identifies your area in line, then it just depends on parts availability and your particular order. They'll build your's as soon as they can, before that new order. No worries there.
It's interesting. If the other thread is to be believed, then all soft tops currently ordered will be built in 2021 with MY21. Changing to a MY22 right away would presumably make you ineligible for (slim) chance your car gets made in 2021. It seems like it would be better to wait to officially transfer to MY22 until December or until we hear this rumor proven false. If the reservation system is upheld, then there shouldn't be a penalty for switching to MY22 late.
Sponsored