Sponsored

What size lift does Sasquatch equate to?

Wizard1183

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Sierra/ 2010 Camaro 2SS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A lift is much more involved than just tire size including shock/damper height, spring rate, bump stops, and so on. You're going by tire diameter alone, you only gain one half of the difference, or the amount of radius, from the center hub to the ground. So the amount of lift contribution from a 33" to a 35" tire is 1", or .85" based on true tire size.

285 vs 315 tires.png
I wasn’t going by tire size alone on lift. I know some of what’s involved in a lift such as suspension, blocks ect. I was simply stating that I’d imagine they’re lifting it 2” above factory for 33s. And if warthog is using 37s, I’d imagine they’re lifting 4”. As that’d be enough clearance for the tires. They’re not gonna lift it 1.5” just to accommodate tire size....
Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I wasn’t going by tire size alone on lift. I know some of what’s involved in a lift such as suspension, blocks ect. I was simply stating that I’d imagine they’re lifting it 2” above factory for 33s. And if warthog is using 37s, I’d imagine they’re lifting 4”. As that’d be enough clearance for the tires. They’re not gonna lift it 1.5” just to accommodate tire size....
As stated earlier in the thread by @Dads_bronze_bronco the lift was originally calculated on only .6 inches but has since been overcome by information from KOH that there may be no lift at all for the Sasquatch.

For you to state "They’re not gonna lift it 1.5” just to accommodate tire size" is just more unauthoritative speculation, which is best not done until you are fully up to speed on the Bronco. Lifts can and are accomplished in all sizes, including 1.5".

Quadratec.com Jeep Lift Kits

Last edited:

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
] the lift was originally calculated on only .6 inches but has since been overcome by information from KOH that there may be no lift at all for the Sasquatch.
To clarify, there may be no lift at all for Sasquatch compared to non-Sas Badlands...Ford reps said there is a difference in lift, but KOH measurements were the same from one person who measured....Sasquatch is definitely lifted from the suspensions of every trim except potentially Badlands.

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
We'll probably know better once the OEM parts catalogs come out. We can then scrutinize them to try and discover the difference, if any.

I had wildly speculated, in one of the KoH threads, that it was a .6" body spacer (or a .6" suspension spacer) that is the difference between Sas and Badlands, but measurements from KoH seem to point to that's not the case.

brocotect

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
To clarify, there may be no lift at all for Sasquatch compared to non-Sas Badlands...Ford reps said there is a difference in lift, but KOH measurements were the same from one person who measured....Sasquatch is definitely lifted from the suspensions of every trim except potentially Badlands.
I'm calling bullshit on this. We've all seen the overland concept. Those tires are stuffed AF bruh.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It has everything to do with it.

You said badlands may have same lift as sqauched. The overland concept is a badlands on 35s and they are stuffed i.e. it has less lift then sqauched.

I rest my case.
You have eyes right? Like you can see. You can find a photo of a sasquatch model and the overland concept. Then go argue with yourself in a mirror
That overland concept was not actually a normal Badlands. It was a preproduction unit thrown together with the parts they had on hand.

The people who built that concept stated they were going to put a lift into it, but didn't have the time to get it done... The understanding is that this meant it has the bog standard Bronco suspension and then they stuffed those huge tires in it... that's why it looked the way it did.

Firefly

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford F250 Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For those willing to use the KOH measurement as solid proof of no difference might want to consider that the SQ flares are called "high clearance" by Ford. So the measurements that were done from center hub to fender still leave room for doubt that they have the same lift. You would have to strip the flares and take them out of the equation to know for sure.
If I were betting in Vegas I'd put my money on there being a slight difference in height.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Until Ford confirms...Based on what we have seen so far my thoughts are the difference between the base BL suspension height and the squatch version will be minimal at best (+/-1") and most likely achieved by springs and/or spacers.
IMO the BL squatch package is not worth the extra cash even if it does include a small lift...my base BL 2.3 MT includes most of the squatch package standard; front & rear locking diffs, sway bar disconnect, 4.70 ratio, modular front bumper w/ bash plate, rear steel bumper, full bash plates. In essence the BL squatch package only gets you some 35" tires/wheels and possibly a slight lift, that's it. For me wheels and suspension lifts are some of the easiest upgrades down the road.
Also, someone had mentioned previously the squatch lift having spacers to limit "up-travel" which I presume would be to keep tires from rubbing. Will this not affect full articulation? I'd much rather run the 33s w/o the "up-travel" spacer.

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
6.2”

Sponsored

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you haven't had the opportunity to watch the SEMA Bronco Q&A video, I suggest you give it a go. They gave specific answers to some of the what you're saying. The issue we have is measurements taken at KOH conflict with what Ford states in the video.

Difficult to justify paying $2500 for Squatch if it doesn't give an actual lift to the Badlands.

OP
OP
jwhitecarolina

jwhitecarolina

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently: Mercedes Benz G550.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If you haven't had the opportunity to watch the SEMA Bronco Q&A video, I suggest you give it a go. They gave specific answers to some of the what you're saying. The issue we have is measurements taken at KOH conflict with what Ford states in the video.

Difficult to justify paying $2500 for Squatch if it doesn't give an actual lift to the Badlands.

I will check this out. Thank you. Best reply I've received here. That said, my Bronco is a Wildtrak so I'm not sure if that makes the answer different from Badlands?

OP
OP
jwhitecarolina

jwhitecarolina

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently: Mercedes Benz G550.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I will check this out. Thank you. Best reply I've received here. That said, my Bronco is a Wildtrak so I'm not sure if that makes the answer different from Badlands?
In addition to great content, the hostess was quite easy on the eyes too!

Wizard1183

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Sierra/ 2010 Camaro 2SS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I thin

k there will be a lift involved.
I was looking at the pics of a warthog in comparison to regular (non-badlands) bronco? And comparison was in fact 4" of lift between the 2. I'd imagine rockrails are about 2" wide and warthog is 2" above those. Easily seen that there is in fact a lift of at least 3" but Id lean more towards 4" on those 37" tires.
Happy birthday

I was looking at the pics of a warthog in comparison to regular (non-badlands) bronco? And comparison was in fact 4" of lift between the 2. I'd imagine rockrails are about 2" wide and warthog is 2" above those. Easily seen that there is in fact a lift of at least 3" but Id lean more towards 4" on those 37" tires

Ford Bronco What size lift does Sasquatch equate to? 20FAE006-ED42-4F26-BBCE-0450A473AAC9
Sponsored