Sponsored

What size lift does Sasquatch equate to?

KH_59

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Being a police officer, do you find it offensive when the media says "a cop <this>" or "a cop <that>"? I'm offended, seems "police officer" would be more polite.
We have Constables who are On Patrol in my area, and we also have other types of LEOs. I should ask one of the Constables if they are ok with being called a COP.
Sponsored

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Constable On Patrol = COP. Which, in addition is approximately 10mm, or .4", of lift

OP
OP
jwhitecarolina

jwhitecarolina

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently: Mercedes Benz G550.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The G is pretty much my dream vehicle.

hard tho when $40k gets you 100k+ miles..

how has it been?

theyve been made forever so are they pretty bulletproof?

not just as expensive to maintain as you would expect a Benz to be?
I have actually run her all the way to just under 121K on the odometer. Fortunately, I purchased the extended warranty when I bought her. Not too much trouble until right around 80K, then (over a period of about 2 years), that warranty kicked in to the tune of about $40K in repairs. None of it was really that substantial (and nothing whatsoever mechanical), just a bunch of weird stuff like a month long sunroof repair, seat bolster inflation units, replacement stereo/nav head unit, etc... The warranty finally expired 2 years ago and (knock wood) no big issues since. I think they can get a little dangerous (read $$$) once they get off warranty, which is why I'll be converting her to a play car only once the Bronco arrives. Then the Ole G will be relegated to weekends and date nights with the wife only!

Sponsored

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And, back at you with respect to the G. Looks like you put yours to proper use too.
Thanks! It's a tank on and off the road. I love it, it's my dream car, but I only have room for 1 vehicle at a time so I'll be replacing it with the Bronco.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Every 10 days...
LOL!

While I throughly hate the 'Use the search function" reply, I did try it for 7 pages and found ZERO intel.
Google netted me this gem above though.

My standard reply for the search button nazis is "We should just close the forum to new threads and posts and just have a search engine."

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The quickest and most reliable answer will be found by searching the forums. No policing here, just pointing out the most helpful source of information.
Reliable and helpful? LMMFAO!
I pretty much just proved that wrong! My God the amount of bad intel out there is unreal.

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Reliable and helpful? LMMFAO!
I pretty much just proved that wrong! My God the amount of bad intel out there is unreal.
So what is Ford trying to hide? It is unconscionable that Ford refuses to release real technical specs when people are already ordering Bronco's. Is Ford trying to hide that the difference really is just .6", as previously calculated in the past by forum members?

Any attempt to clarify this with Ford reps has resulted in double speak and more confusion. Maybe the difference is so minor Ford really does not want to give us the true and correct information for fear of cutting into Sasquatch sales?

Previous attempts by forum members to calculate the lift include, but are not limited to:
Actually - when we did the calcs we came out with

Did a bunch of calculations around this a while back, and came out with Badlands suspension (not tires) being .6" higher than non-Squatch base - OB, and Squatch suspension being 1.2" higher than non-Squatch base - OB or .6" higher than Badlands.

Since then: Ford reps have said the Badlands Suspension and the Sasquatch High Lift Suspension have the exact same coilovers, the only difference being the Sasquatch having a 10mm spacer to limit up travel.
IF you do the math comparing tire sizes and vehicle heights, the Badlands has about .6" of lift and Wildtrak/anything-with-Squatch has 1.2" of lift. All others are the same.
I'm with you. I don't know that there is a definitive answer yet though. People had thought they had figured out that the Sas package had .6" more lift and 10mm less uptravel. Then someone spoke to an Engineer from Ford and swears the suspension is exactly the same, except for the 10mm stop.

Wizard1183

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Sierra/ 2010 Camaro 2SS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Wizard1183 glad you chimed in for your very first post, you must have it on authoritative fact. :rolleyes:
I said probably. Not they are. Get off your high horse. If we go by tire size, 33”, 35”,37” isn’t that 2” and 4” of lift? And yea there’s smaller tire sizes, but I doubt they move it down from where it’s be at 33”. :rolleyes:

CCross

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy 2500HD Duramax, 2000 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I said probably. Not they are. Get off your high horse. If we go by tire size, 33”, 35”,37” isn’t that 2” and 4” of lift? And yea there’s smaller tire sizes, but I doubt they move it down from where it’s be at 33”.
A lift is much more involved than just tire size including shock/damper height, spring rate, bump stops, and so on. You're going by tire diameter alone, you only gain one half of the difference, or the amount of radius, from the center hub to the ground. So the amount of lift contribution from a 33" to a 35" tire is 1", or .85" based on true tire size.

Ford Bronco What size lift does Sasquatch equate to? 285 vs 315 tires

Last edited:

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

So what is Ford trying to hide? It is unconscionable that Ford refuses to release real technical specs when people are already ordering Bronco's. Is Ford trying to hide that the difference really is just .6", as previously calculated in the past by forum members?

Any attempt to clarify this with Ford reps has resulted in double speak and more confusion. Maybe the difference is so minor Ford really does not want to give us the true and correct information for fear of cutting into Sasquatch sales?

Previous attempts by forum members to calculate the lift include, but are not limited to:
The initial calc estimates are missing two things: actual territory measurements and any height difference of mod vs MIC top. The measurements taken at KoH showed no difference between Squatch and non-Squatch Badlands between hub and flare. At this point I am figuring they are pretty much the same, and vehicle weight will make up any variations.

Jeep by the way is very non-descriptive of the difference in height between Rubicon and Sport suspensions too. Probably because legal told them if they say it is an inch, and a customer compares a fully loaded Rubicon with a soft top stripped Sport it will be like 1/4”, that’s a no-no.

Marketing wants to declare a difference - they may even want a difference /accounting says no: you only get two options / legal says you can’t commit to any numbers because every build will be slightly different.
Sponsored