What size tire?

• Total voters

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You don't have to have larger brakes. Especially if you're not racing it. The larger brakes are for heat management. I can't imagine heat being an issue in a vehicle like the Bronco versus something like a Mustang at the race track.
Plenty of Rubicons and Raptors (heck full size old crappy vans with rack bodies) running down the NJ highways @ 90 (with less than several car
lengths ahead of them), just like everyone else. One fairly aggressive stop from 90 is not going to kill your brakes, but using brakes aggressively
from high speeds gets me less durability.

You can't even leave extra distance to stop less aggressively, because as soon as you do, 3 cars jump into that hole.
Many times you have several miles of clear highway, and then dead stopped traffic for a bit, over and over.
These newer vehicles ride so well and are quiet at those speeds, people must feel safe doing it I guess.

For me it's really brake rotors that still seem to give me some issues, getting either warped or pad deposit (depending upon your religion on that one).
So yeah, typically won't stop faster (theoretically) for one stop, but for me the bigger brakes last a lot longer (without maintenance).
Sponsored

FX4ord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
My answer isn't a poll option: the tallest that will fit stock suspension without added lift

I hope that's at least 35s.

The worst mistake Ford can make at this point after so much anticipation and hype is to wimp out on stock wheel/tire clearance due to safety/rollover liability.

There's no denying what the Bronco lifestyle is all about and it's not about quiet ride and fuel economy.

But if we can have those perks too we won't complain :[]

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I read on one of the other forums that a little birdy told them that 35’s would be an option too. No proof of that in any way, don’t even have the post. Just something I saw.

I voted 33", but if 35"s will fit, may go that route. My EB impressed me with what it could do on 33"s, soooo....... we'll see when it gets here ;)

Just some general info:
The Tremor pkg on the 2020 Super Dutys has a tire that measures out at ........35.1" tall, (285/75-18) on an 18" wheel.
The 20" rims available on the Lariat trim levels use tires that are......................... 34.3" tall, 275/65-20.

Also available on XLT's and other trim levels................................................................... 33.2" tall, 275/70-18

Go to Tireracks website and click on "specs" for a popular tire....BFG all terrains as an example, and it will list every size they make and the specs, by rim size.
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=All-Terrain+T/A+KO2

Amos Moses

Base
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford trucks
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'll be ok with 40"s at first but I'll eventually want more.

Last edited:

west

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 T-Bird, 71 LTD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
18 inch all season LONG LIFE for those long highway trips to my favorite fishing hole.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Goodyear Wrangler Territory MTs, sized 315/70R17. That’s 34.3”!!!!!!!! Meaning 37” SHOULD fit relatively easily.
Sponsored