Sponsored

What size tires fit a stock Bronco Black Diamond?

BroncOBX

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.polaris-intel.com
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150 FX4; Mavic 2 Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hi Orange...down south in Fredericksburg, VA. Probably 50 minutes or so from Arlington without traffic. We should start a local group chapter!
+1 Spotsylvania
Sponsored

blue182

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wish we had real world photos of factory spec BDs. Just eye balling, I would guess that offset and wheel width are going to be the limiting factors for larger tires on the steelies. That said, I'm sure going one size up to a 33 will be achievable, but I'll bet you run out of wheel if you go bigger.
There was a photo in this article by gear patrol that looks like a black diamond with the optional black wheels.

https://www.gearpatrol.com/cars/a33625198/new-2021-ford-bronco-first-ride/

bronco-2021-lead-1597687238.jpg

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The Badlands has a lift with the 33s, so it may require the lift.
The Badlands has more articulation, so it needs more room. The base suspension doesn’t stuff as well, so it MIGHT even out.

MHand52

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT/CS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

blue182

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That one has the "signature" LED headlights too, so still a mule homoligation... Also looks like 18s which are not the optional wheels on the BD. The optional wheels on BDs are still 17s.
That one has the "signature" LED headlights too, so still a mule homoligation... Also looks like 18s which are not the optional wheels on the BD. The optional wheels on BDs are still 17s.
The black one has standard headlights. The signatures look like this.

C462D0F2-56F4-42FB-A1DB-8305075A7B3D.jpeg

Sponsored

MHand52

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT/CS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The black one has standard headlights. The signatures look like this.

Ford Bronco What size tires fit a stock Bronco Black Diamond? C462D0F2-56F4-42FB-A1DB-8305075A7B3D
You may be right about the headlights, that horizontal line interrupts the circle on the signatures. I just want to see how the factory wheels and tires look, is that too much to ask for?? Haha.

Mountain Goat

Black Diamond
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 BMW 325i, '17 VW Alltrack, '20 Nissan Versa
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
All due respect you guys are killing me with the "SAS" for identifying the sasquatch package. SAS is an off-roading term for Solid Axle Swap....and that ain't happening with this rig...maybe in the future though.
Can confirm. Confusing as heck.

Mountain Goat

Black Diamond
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 BMW 325i, '17 VW Alltrack, '20 Nissan Versa
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As has been discussed in many threads. No one knows yet. It's not like we have a Bronco to test fit. It will depend on the suspension and the backspace limitations if you stay with stock wheels. We don't know that stuff yet, so.... we are just guessing.

I would fully expect to go up one to two sizes with no issues whatsoever. Beyond that, backspace and rubbing may be an issue. I will run either 295/70/17s or 285/75/17s on my BD. I will most likely have to modify something to do that. I plan on replacing stock suspension and I'm not against trimming. Hope to keep the stock steelies though.
I fully expect you can fit 285/75R17s (34s) with no lift, provided you don't disconnect your sway bar. Slight chance of rubbing on articulation if you do. I'll probably end up running 33s on a BD because they are about 10 lbs lighter than 34s, 15-20 lbs lighter than 35s.

Back to the topic...I wonder if you can put the 35s on without the SASQ package. If so, that is pretty awesome you can go that high without a lift. Take a look at the BL spec page -

1598542558865.png

1598542745514.png
You'd probably just need to add the bump stops from the Sasquatch package, or equivalent. Probably.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I fully expect you can fit 285/75R17s (34s) with no lift, provided you don't disconnect your sway bar. Slight chance of rubbing on articulation if you do. I'll probably end up running 33s on a BD because they are about 10 lbs lighter than 34s, 15-20 lbs lighter than 35s.

You'd probably just need to add the bump stops from the Sasquatch package, or equivalent. Probably.
I imagine it will fit but will probably rub at full lock or full articulation, which will be fine. I’ll take it easy until I get Fox coil overs.

fmcgill3

Black Diamond
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JeepGC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hey y'all,
I'm looking at a Black Diamond manual with Advanced 4x4.
This is probably a stupid question, but would I need to regear to move up to 33 inch tires? I've looked for this answer, but haven't seen anyone address that. Sounds like we can't really tell if the 2" lift is needed or not to make that move. Think 33s would fit on stock Black Diamond steel rims?
Thanks

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hey y'all,
I'm looking at a Black Diamond manual with Advanced 4x4.
This is probably a stupid question, but would I need to regear to move up to 33 inch tires? I've looked for this answer, but haven't seen anyone address that. Sounds like we can't really tell if the 2" lift is needed or not to make that move. Think 33s would fit on stock Black Diamond steel rims?
Thanks

Well, I think all those questions have been addressed ad nauseam, but still no one knows how much room we will have with the stock suspension and backspacing, so until someone does it, don't know. I think it will and plan to. Gears, well, that's all over from some people want the gears they have on their current vehicle to some want higher and others want lower. Get the gears you want and deal with it or regear. I'll get the lowest gears they offer me. Wheels are 17X7.5, so just look at the specs for whatever tire you want to see if it fits on a 7.5in rim. Some do, some don't.

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Back to the topic...I wonder if you can put the 35s on without the SASQ package. If so, that is pretty awesome you can go that high without a lift. Take a look at the BL spec page -

Ford Bronco What size tires fit a stock Bronco Black Diamond? C462D0F2-56F4-42FB-A1DB-8305075A7B3D

Pretty sure that’s with the Sasquatch package since the all models have that option.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base

Never realized how much of a weight difference there was between those tires
Sponsored