Sponsored

What sort of weird things are you cross shopping the bronco with?

jswing

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
The delays have made me look at other vehicles, which are very non-Bronco like. I've driven a Tesla Model 3 and a BMW M2401 convertible. At my wife's request, because the Bronco is sort of for her. Came close to buying both, but so far I'm holding off for the Bronco.
Sponsored

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
C63 AMG, Corvette, Wrangler... And whatever else catches my attention. After the latest news I'm concerned they won't even get my Bronco to me until next winter at the earliest which really doesn't work for me. I may have to buy something else in the spring. Ford really screwed this up.

zrizik99

Black Diamond
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 2016
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

2021 F150 Tremor...might even jump ship with the Q&A last night. Will the 2021 bronco be competitive mid 2022? Hopefully if you're pushed to 2022 they provide upgrades over previous year.

Seiowabow

Black Diamond
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
4runner TRD Pro, Gladiator eco diesel.

bhubert

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
GMC Sierra 1500 Diesel AT4. In our situation we use my truck regularly and I plan on keeping my 2014 Silverado to put miles on. The Bronco will be for fun and to satisfy my brain that thinks I need an upgrade. As I said in another post, the real struggle for me is seeing what I can get for the same money as my Bronco build. I feel really guilty spending this kind of money and feeling like I didn't get exactly what I want.

Sponsored

subshooter

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 911 and 2014 Boxster S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford announced the Bronco way too early. That didn't have their act together and now it's a disaster. Blaming COVID for the delayed rollout is nonsense since COVID has been around all year long. The Ford marketing guy in the other video is an imbecile. He comes across as totally unprofessional and clueless. EVERYTHING is complicated? No it's not.

I'm cross shopping Jeep, Porsche Macan, Audi Q5 and Landrovers.

OP
OP
chownd

chownd

Outer Banks
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not cross shopping and already sold off my GTI that I was perfectly happy with. If the Bronco falls thru don't know what I'd want as a replacement. I'm not a truck guy, not a jeep guy but have wanted an EB since I was a kid so the Bronco is giving me that opportunity.
tenor (3).gif

brocotect

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
cross shopping a Fiat Pop 500

I might go with a Willys if I lose patients waiting. It been 6 months since my reservation so what's another 6... or more.

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

cross shopping a Fiat Pop 500

I might go with a Willys if I lose patients waiting. It been 6 months since my reservation so what's another 6... or more.
Abarth!

Pie Grande

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco (eventually)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm sure there's some people like me who buy cars for very illogical reasons just because they like how something looks or makes you feel. So here's a thread for odd choices that absolutely shouldn't be cross shopped.

I've always wanted a bronco since the first time one caught my eye.

That said I need a car next year. If my day 1 order is super delayed, I'm considering an Audi etron or genesis g80.

(My wife has always wanted a wrangler but I should be able to convince her to get a bronco as her next vehicle. By then they'll be available to just buy on lots. We split driving our cars something like 60-40 so I'll have my bronco eventually. Just might be 3 or 4 years later than anticipated.)

If bronco doesn't work for you for whatever reason, what very non bronco vehicle are you considering?
looking at a wrangler unlimited, range rover evoque, dodge charger, ford raptor

futzin'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, Dodge Durango SRT.

Want something fun with >5K tow rating. Bronco no longer under consideration, but I still check in for possible late changes . . .

DDSRT currently in the lead. Not enough value for dollar in the JTR right now, IMO.
Sponsored