Sponsored

What sort of weird things are you cross shopping the bronco with?

jasonof2010

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Miata, Focus ST, GMC Sierra beater truck
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm looking at another car in probably 2 years and the two my wife and I are looking at the closest are the Bronco and the Tesla Model 3 Long Range and we keep flipping back and forth over which one we prefer.
Sponsored

Cookieck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS, Indian Chief Vintage, Yamaha Fz1, Honda Shadow, etc
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Durango SRT
Yukon Denali
Gladiator

Those are my current considerations. Broncos likely out for me for the moment and itā€™ll be one of these options, with a future bronco mall crawler down the road. Durango SRT currently has top spot for me, only problem there is if I get the Yukon or Durango itā€™ll likely go to my fiancĆ© in a couple years(which would be my next opportunity to get a bronco) and she likes the Yukon better. Now if Jeep put the 392 in the gladiator Iā€™d probably buy it. Course even if they did thatā€™s unlikely to happen before I buy another vehicle since they only just put it in the wrangler, and I also doubt theyā€™d make it manual trans like I would really want. Unfortunately none of these options are manual trans either(yes gladiator has manual trans option but then tow cap cuts almost in half; which wonā€™t work for me and is the reason broncos out for me til later), but it is what it is. Will be the only vehicle I own with auto(will be selling/trading my only current auto vehicle for whatever I get next). Any bronco I get will def be manual trans though.

NeoS281

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I also really want a GT350 because who knows if Ford will sell a real Shelby again (sorry, the 500 is just a competitor for Hellcat, and although itā€™s a beast, itā€™s not that exciting to me.)

Thatā€™s really all Iā€™m shopping, unless the 4xe somehow sells for $10k or more less than current offerings (impossible.)
I'm also interested in the Heritage edition of the outgoing GT350. Much more exciting than the new Mach 1

rhinoamerican

Wildtrak
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Cadillac CTS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm all over the place.

I keep looking at the Ford F-150 (with Tremor package now that's been announced), Ram Rebel, Gladiator, Durango, Defender (until I priced it out and saw all the issues/high maintenance costs)

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mustang, I love a 5.0, and have experience with Mustang's prior.

Just a matter of would my Bronco actually be delivered asap or not

Sponsored

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

If the F150 Tremor can be had with the hybrid drive train i'm probably going that route instead.
It canā€™t, at least not for 2021. Itā€™s disappointing to only have a 5.5ft bed.

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Had previously only considered the Bronco for my next vehicle (4dr, Squatched 2.7 BL). However, with my build now slipping well into 2022 the Rivian (R1T 400+) is coming into play. It would easily go on all the same off-road routes that I would take the Bronco on and actually be a better bike hauler. As configured, it would cost more than the Bronco, but that isn't the main deciding factor. I would miss the removable roof a bit but really like the idea of an EV.

Kino

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 GC Trailhawk; ā€˜20 Honda Passport; '74 VW KG
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ordered a '21 F-150 Lariat and have a built Bronco Sport on the train now, so I may be canceling the Bronco. I'm holding out to see what Ford changes makes in the next months.

Lost my taste for Subarus! Oil change prices TOO much!

Sponsored

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hmm, just waiting for the 2022 Raptor or Warthog release. I still have my sights on a BL or BD. May pick up a 21 Crosstrek with 6spd manual as a commuter. My office is at 7,600 ft.

Dirt Monkey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands, 2017 Volvo XC90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm all over the place, too. I have a 2011 Outback that I'm just bored with. It could easily go another 100K ... but I just need something new. Current list that makes ZERO sense:

- Broncos Badlands (reserved)
- 110 Defender
- Telsa Model Y
- Audi A5/A6 or a pre-owned A7
- Re-designed Grand Cherokee?
- Re-designed four-runner?
- Would love a signature Land Cruiser, but I can't justify 95K for it (the Defender will be pushing it too, but we'll see)

Other current car is a 2017 Volvo XC90 that will be paid off in August.

Taco_Sexual

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've got a handful the wife and I are considering:

1) 2022 Redesigned Grand Cherokee
2)Tesla Model Y or possibly the Cybertruck
3)Genesis GV70
4)Kia Telluride
5)If Toyota releases a heavily re-designed/updated 4runner then we may consider

If we go with a non-EV car this time I think it'll be our last gas-powered vehicle. Lots of promising EV cars in the pipeline over the next 3-5 years. In 5 years time it may be common for batteries to last 500+ miles on a charge. That would probably be the tipping point for most.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

4)Kia Telluride
5)If Toyota releases a heavily re-designed/updated 4runner then we may consider
4) iā€™d like to see the stinger motor in this.
5) iā€™d like to see a turbo v6 in this with a better transmission. I heard the next gen sequoia will get a turbo v6(possible hybrid).

Taco_Sexual

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

4) iā€™d like to see the stinger motor in this.
5) iā€™d like to see a turbo v6 in this with a better transmission. I heard the next gen sequoia will get a turbo v6(possible hybrid).
4) I agree. I've read quite a bit about the telluride and there seems to be one common "complaint" with it not having enough power. I also want to see a full-digital instrument display.
5) Also agree. The whole interior needs a complete rehaul, too. It very much looks like it's age in every way.
Sponsored