Sponsored

What sort of weird things are you cross shopping the bronco with?

martyb

Badlands
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Denali, VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mach 1
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Debating keeping my f-150 and getting a mustang gt or getting a f150 tremor.
Seems like the F-150 Tremor is going to be very popular. Anyone have a guess what the price will be?

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’m cross comparing the Bronco against - absolutely nothing. A Ford is almost pre-ordained for my family, as my father in law worked there and we will qualify for Z plan (gotta get moving on that)

my wife has clearly informed me for years that there will never be a Japanese car key hanging on our wall. So there goes Toyota and Honda. Nissan was never a contender. Right now, Acura and Lexus are also off the menu.

The smallest possible vehicle needs to be at least as large inside as a Ford Edge. There goes BMW 3-series, car or SUV. Or similarly priced German items. You can absolutely forget about an Escape, Traverse, etc.

We have little to no desire for a 4-door sedan, no matter how sweet the ride. That’s an old man’s car, and we’re not ready to be old. I also don’t like being eye to eye with the tires on the big trucks that are essential to shipping in the NYC area because we lack any cargo train capacity in NYC and Long Island. It’s all got to move by huge trucks until the final destination. And I’m always on the highways they need to drive in order to get to NYC/LI.

A minivan is a hell no. We grew up in that era, not doing it. Zero cool factor.

we got terribly burned by repair bills on a Mercedes before my current ride. Therefore I have sworn off of German fancy cars. If the 200-series Mercedes cost a fortune to repair then a higher tier would be absolute murder. None of the German brands except VW will play in the more affordable end of the market, not in the USA. They’re all placed only as luxury and luxury-lite. I’m not willing to pay that money for what I know is just a regular ride on the other side of the ocean.

Subaru might have been a contender because it’s not associated with other Japanese labels. But they’re too small on the inside for me, and the dimensions are just wrong for our bodies.

And I want an outdoors vehicle. I I’ve in the city but aspire to drive to the mountains, fjords, high plateaus, other oceans. A city car does not appeal. That also completely negates Tesla or any other electric model. I don’t care if Tesla is a rocket ship off the light and feels like Star Trek on the inside. I cannot plug it in when I’m in the woods or Mountains, and it doesn’t have the range or quick refill that I need when I do my semi-regular 600 mile trips to family.

so where does that leave me? Bronco, Jeep, or pickup trucks. A full sized pickup won’t fit in my parking garage and would be hell to drive on the packed urban streets of dense northern Jersey and Manhattan. And where do you put the groceries and sports gear, rolling around in the pickup bed?

Jeeps are tight on the inside and bad rep for repairs.

Ford Explorer is now a 3-row only. they destroyed the leg room by adding the mandatory 3D row, and it lacks the offroad chops of the Bronco. Expedition is too big for my garage, same problem as a full sized pickup.

which brings me back to the Bronco. The absolutely perfect car for me. I am therefore willing to wait!

RRaptor

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will be trading my 2019 Raptor for a loaded 2 door BL, then I will be trading that in for a Warthog or the new Raptor. I have a Supercab and love it, and I hope the Warthog comes in a 2 door. This way I can drive the Bronco for a few months to see if I like it more than my Raptor.

jswing

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
The delays have made me look at other vehicles, which are very non-Bronco like. I've driven a Tesla Model 3 and a BMW M2401 convertible. At my wife's request, because the Bronco is sort of for her. Came close to buying both, but so far I'm holding off for the Bronco.
Well, I ordered the BMW today.. I haven't cancelled my Bronco reservation yet, but once I get the build date on the BMW I probably will. Unless I decide to trade my Ranger on a Bronco, but the Ranger is more useful to me so that's unlikely. I have a first night reservation, so lots of people bump up one more spot.

Sponsored

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Going to look at a new 2020 STi on Monday. I’m still in on the 2Dr Basemansquatch in Velocity Blue but it’s gonna be 18 months before it ever materializes and I got that new car itch that needs scratching right now lol.

glacierbear

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS 7, Ram 3500, Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
How do you like it?
I am really enjoying it. I have the p400 HSE with most of the options and It is very comfortable to drive and with almost 400 hp on tap pretty quick as well. I do not regret my decision and have yet to see another on the road.

KindaOrange

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None... hurry up Ford!
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I also really want a GT350 because who knows if Ford will sell a real Shelby again
After the latest news I'm concerned they won't even get my Bronco to me until next winter at the earliest
Mustang, I love a 5.0, and have experience with Mustang's prior. Just a matter of would my Bronco actually be delivered asap or not
All these.
I'm a mid-August reserve...
So probably another year before mine's delivered. Might even be '22 already.

Staring down a Camaro SS right now.

Got a new job, moving to a new state, lease ends '21 summer. Not sure I have a choice at this point.

Sponsored

Broncogoat

Badlands
First Name
lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Trac, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm sure there's some people like me who buy cars for very illogical reasons just because they like how something looks or makes you feel. So here's a thread for odd choices that absolute shouldn't be cross shopped.

I've always wanted a bronco since the first time one caught my eye.

That said I need a car next year. If my day 1 order is super delayed, I'm considering an Audi etron or genesis g80.

(My wife has always wanted a wrangler but I should be able to convince her to get a bronco as her next vehicle. By then they'll be available to just buy on lots. We split driving our cars something like 60-40 so I'll have my bronco eventually. Just might be 3 or 4 years later than anticipated.)

If bronco doesn't work for you for whatever reason, what very non bronco vehicle are you considering?

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not really cross shopping ATM as the Bronco is what I really want. And my target buy date is still two years out. But if something happens that I can't get a Bronco that I really want and for a reasonable price by then I'll explore then. Right now my top choices to shop would be...

Next gen Ranger
Next gen 4Runner or Tacoma
Colorado ZR2 or Bison

I'd consider another Wrangler if they made significant changes to bring it up to speed with the Bronco. Like a revamped top that doesn't have the stupid rain gutter. And has removable panels for the rear seat. Also better powertrain options. As well as better quality control for their electronics.

I've even toyed with the idea of a Charger scat pack and buying a decent TJ for my off road fun.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Im all over the place looking at STis, used GT350s, GT with PP2, M4s, but not another truck and I will still get a Bronco. Nothing else checks all the boxes and it’s gonna be 2 years before I get my Basemansquatch
Sponsored