Sponsored

What sort of weird things are you cross shopping the bronco with?

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
THe only reservation I have with defender is that my price range would be mid 50s which puts me in the P300 category. That's a 2L turbo on a 5400 lb vehicle. Idk that just seems like a red flag for transmission issues down the road
Not necessarily. I would first focus on the gearing.
Sponsored

pineapple

Black Diamond
First Name
Cass
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

THe only reservation I have with defender is that my price range would be mid 50s which puts me in the P300 category. That's a 2L turbo on a 5400 lb vehicle. Idk that just seems like a red flag for transmission issues down the road

Aside from cost, suspension is the other issue for me. I was leaning towards the air suspension but have heard nightmares on that. My friends with old FJs and Defenders have assured me that, worst case a few years from now, it can be swapped out with coils but that's a ridiculous thing to plan for on an already obnoxiously expensive car.

I keep trying to convince my boyfriend we should just get the Golf R, then put a crazy lift kit on his jetta to still have a high-clearance outdoor vehicle, like the old VW Beetle dune buggies... but he doesn't find that funny or realistic for some reason. ??

I don't even need a car anyway for close to another year, since one car for both of us is enough in the city, so at least it's not a pressing decision to make.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sister wife. May have to look a 4 doors in that case...

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
G/f has a 4Runner. I'd have one too if the local dealer didn't suck. They didn't return my calls/emails so I gave up on them. Before I could find another good dealer, the Bronco was announced. Now I wait, and second guess my Bronco decision. I think you'll appreciate the 4Runner. They're great vehicles.

Sponsored

Primm907

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Macan S, Panamera Turbo S, Cayenne GTS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Go back and forth constantly. I'm a lifelong addict with about 45 vehicles over the past ~35 years, so I'm always looking at "what's next".

The Defender 90 was on my radar from the time it was announced, but I'd prefer the Bronco's ability to go topless/doorless.

Some days I think about just keeping the old Land Cruiser, selling the S6, and picking up a Lotus Evora 400/GT. Really miss my old Exige sometimes...

Then last night I went down the rabbit hole of maybe a Civic Type R to share garage space with the Grom. My second and longest owned car was an '86 Civic Si that I loved, but I don't know that I could get past the looks of the CTR.

saltyNarwhal

Wildtrak
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm trying to decide between a Defender 110 S with only off-road options and the upgraded stereo and the Badlands/wildtrak. I drove the Wrangler Rubicon, 4runner TRD Pro and the 110 S and the Defender is way nicer inside and on-road handling and the 2.0L in the defender felt smoother and faster than either 6-Cylinder in the toyota or jeep. I'm having a tough time deciding especially with the Bronco getting delayed. My Defender Build is around 58k.

Blitzinger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Aside from cost, suspension is the other issue for me. I was leaning towards the air suspension but have heard nightmares on that. My friends with old FJs and Defenders have assured me that, worst case a few years from now, it can be swapped out with coils but that's a ridiculous thing to plan for on an already obnoxiously expensive car.

I keep trying to convince my boyfriend we should just get the Golf R, then put a crazy lift kit on his jetta to still have a high-clearance outdoor vehicle, like the old VW Beetle dune buggies... but he doesn't find that funny or realistic for some reason. ??

I don't even need a car anyway for close to another year, since one car for both of us is enough in the city, so at least it's not a pressing decision to make.
Same I’m in no rush. Just got my wife a Tiguan last year and it’s awesome. German handling, pano sunroof, heated seats, Apple CarPlay, 8” screen, tons of cargo space, and it was $27k. Idk wtf is going on with car prices but out of control
Sponsored